VDC and SLIP light

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 03:53 AM
foxktm90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy VDC and SLIP light

Hi guys so I was changing the trim piece on my steering wheel today which required to remove all those sensors in the steering wheel, including the airbag, on my 2008 g37 coupe. So I finished and put everything back together, and when I started up my car to go to work, my alignment was all jacked up, If I center my wheel, it goes to the right. As well as a VDC and SLIP light came on.

I googled the issue, and it seems that the lights indicate low brake fluid for most people, but I didn't have an issue before I pulled all the sensors out of the steering wheel, could this have caused the problem? Any way to fix? don't want to get molested by the stealership. Help!

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:28 AM
08GCoupe
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
If your car is turning right chances are your steering wheel wasn't align with the two marks before tightening your center nut. Your going to have to remove the steering wheel again and realign the alignment marks. Make sure they are both align when tightening the steering center nut.

I have heard brake fluid causing the vdc and slip light to come on. But if it wasn't on before you removed your trim, chances are it could possibly be your steering angle sensor being off.

When removing your steering wheel your steering angle sensor sits right behind it, in a black housing, Once you remove your steering wheel it is advise to not turn it. Or it could throw off your steering angle; in your case vdc and slip lights on.

Fix your steering alignment first your car should be driving straight when you center your steering, hopefully it will correct your steering angle sensor at the same time.
The following 2 users liked this post by 08GCoupe:
foxktm90 (06-01-2014), warped ideas (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:53 AM
foxktm90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GCoupe
If your car is turning right chances are your steering wheel wasn't align with the two marks before tightening your center nut. Your going to have to remove the steering wheel again and realign the alignment marks. Make sure they are both align when tightening the steering center nut.

I have heard brake fluid causing the vdc and slip light to come on. But if it wasn't on before you removed your trim, chances are it could possibly be your steering angle sensor being off.

When removing your steering wheel your steering angle sensor sits right behind it, in a black housing, Once you remove your steering wheel it is advise to not turn it. Or it could throw off your steering angle; in your case vdc and slip lights on.

Fix your steering alignment first your car should be driving straight when you center your steering, hopefully it will correct your steering angle sensor at the same time.
Thanks man, I will try this when I get home. Was not aware there was anything like that back there lol.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:05 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GCoupe

Very useful information, Brother. Thank you