noob here searched but haven't found my answer to lowing my G37x sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 05:07 PM
JoshLandry

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
noob here searched but haven't found my answer to lowing my G37x sedan

ok so i want to lower my G37x sedan, i don't care about track use or anything crazy just want a better stance and better handling, but also looking for a decent ride still. was going back and fourth on coilovers, or just struts and springs but cant really find a definitive answer about whats the best and what works. I was going to go with BC coils but now thanks to here and reading about this noise i'm thinking ill pass, so can you sedan X owner help a noobie out thanks a lot in advance
Old 02-12-2014, 05:18 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
people seem to be happy with swift springs on the X.

Believe BC is one of the only coilovers that work for the X but I'll let someone else confirm that
Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 PM
JoshLandry

with springs do you need to change the factory struts or are they fine and if so what struts do the make and you recomend thanks in advance
Old 02-12-2014, 05:34 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
You don't need to change the factory struts for lowering springs. Heck, I couldn't even find a reputable company to purchase aftermarket struts from (Bilstein, H&R, Koni, etc).

I was waiting for some folks to resolve the "noisy" rear shock BC provides with their coil over system but that isn't happening any time soon. I think I will go for a set of D2 coilovers and give those a shot - a few people on here seem to have good results with them. The model number for the D2 coils is "D-IN-10"
Old 02-12-2014, 05:35 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
The Swift springs were designed around the factory shocks/struts. You may or may not need camber/toe kits for front/rear. Every car seems to be different. I lucked out on my x and am fine with just an alignment.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:38 PM
JoshLandry

now is the swift spring made for a sedan awd or do i have to get a diff model whats the drop on it and can you post a pic of the stance with the springs if you dont mind thanks a lot fellas
Old 02-12-2014, 05:46 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Hope these help for now. I'm sure more will post.

noob here searched but haven't found my answer to lowing my G37x sedan-image-2845632378.jpg

noob here searched but haven't found my answer to lowing my G37x sedan-image-798344164.jpg
Old 02-13-2014, 06:22 AM
JoshLandry

Ok thinking of just going with swift springs, still a little torn on feeling as the stick struts will handle them without blowing quick, car also has 70k on it so idk I want coil overs but with the Awd it seems impossible
Old 02-13-2014, 08:56 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by JoshLandry
Ok thinking of just going with swift springs, still a little torn on feeling as the stick struts will handle them without blowing quick, car also has 70k on it so idk I want coil overs but with the Awd it seems impossible
You could always buy a new set of shocks when you feel the ones you have installed currently are "blown". I know of a few guys on here who install swift springs with well over 70k and have experienced zero problems. I would just go for that unless you want the lower adjustability of a coilover option.

One thing to keep in mind, if you decide to go with a spring that drops more than 1.2"/1", you'll need to opt for a camber kit. Definitely a must for coilovers if you are looking for a good drop.

Here are your options for coilovers:
  • Megan Racing
  • BC Racing
  • D2

For the BCs, one person swapped in his OEM rear struts and all the noise was eliminated. Yes you won't have adjustability on the strut, but from what I heard, the ride comfort was rather comfortable. Megan Racing seems to be a next best option. Some noise is still present but other than that, nothing as bad as the BCs.

I'm opting for D2 RS coilovers on my X sedan - sometime in March/April. Unless the BCs get figured out by then, this will be my choice. No noise from what I've heard and a few members on here enjoy the adjustability and comfort.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (02-13-2014)
Old 02-13-2014, 09:03 AM
JoshLandry

Thank for the great response, I too was looking at the D2 coilovers, can you recommend what camber kit to go with for either these or the springs thanks in advance
Old 02-13-2014, 09:08 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by JoshLandry
Thank for the great response, I too was looking at the D2 coilovers, can you recommend what camber kit to go with for either these or the springs thanks in advance
Glad to help out as you and I are in a similar situation. I have Swift Springs and I want a slightly lower drop to hide the wheel gap on the coupe 19s I'll be tossing on.

I'll definitely be opting for the SPC camber kit. SPC offers a front and rear option for the X platform with a great amount of adjustability (+/- 2.5 degrees in the front, +/- 3.0 degrees in the rear).

Check out Genome tuning in the vendor section!
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...g37-coupe.html
Old 02-14-2014, 04:23 PM
tbulsara

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
i had mine lowered on eibach, and it was a nice ride, not to stiff, i recently switched to D2 as i wanted to lower it a little more so i could close the gap. by doing this, the ride has become more stiff, although the D2 have dampening control so i am going to make them a little softer this weekend and see it gets a little better.

i had to get a camber kit as well..(SPC)
i have my eibach springs for sale if you are interested.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by tbulsara
i had mine lowered on eibach, and it was a nice ride, not to stiff, i recently switched to D2 as i wanted to lower it a little more so i could close the gap. by doing this, the ride has become more stiff, although the D2 have dampening control so i am going to make them a little softer this weekend and see it gets a little better.

i had to get a camber kit as well..(SPC)
i have my eibach springs for sale if you are interested.
Please post some reviews if you can as far as noise and any other issues you may find. These X folks need another viable option.
BTW, here's another coil set for the X I saw~seems to ba in the $950 dollar range from various vendors.
Ksport Adjustable Coilover Systems, Camber Kits and Suspension Products | Ksport Store
Old 02-15-2014, 06:20 AM
JoshLandry

Originally Posted by tbulsara
i had mine lowered on eibach, and it was a nice ride, not to stiff, i recently switched to D2 as i wanted to lower it a little more so i could close the gap. by doing this, the ride has become more stiff, although the D2 have dampening control so i am going to make them a little softer this weekend and see it gets a little better. i had to get a camber kit as well..(SPC) i have my eibach springs for sale if you are interested.
Can you post a pic of the stance and witch model eibachs did you buy? And what's was the drop like?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:38 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
There's a guy on FB Adam Race Consulting, he's in the Chicagoland area and has provided me with the best pricing I've found. A buddy here in TN used him when he bagged his coupe at a very reasonable cost. Adam was responsive and very helpful. Unfortunately he confirmed I can't run Koni's on my X. May want to touch base with him if you're the social media type.

Quick Reply: noob here searched but haven't found my answer to lowing my G37x sedan