Just bought BC racing coils

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:38 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
The isolators in the rear will not do anything for you, sorry to rain on your parade.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by rm2342
Is there a specific reason you want the Coilovers vs. Springs and a nicely paired Shock set?
Adjustability ?!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
The isolators in the rear will not do anything for you, sorry to rain on your parade.
Have you tried them or know of someone that tried them w/ no improvement? I'm not talking about the clunk that the BC guys have been referring to, I'm talking about the washboard "clacking" w/ my coils which really seems like an isolation issue. Interested to hear why you think this isn't a possible step in the right direction.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Have you tried them or know of someone that tried them w/ no improvement? I'm not talking about the clunk that the BC guys have been referring to, I'm talking about the washboard "clacking" w/ my coils which really seems like an isolation issue. Interested to hear why you think this isn't a possible step in the right direction.
I've personally used them when I had my Acura a few years ago. I was also attempting to remove the washboard "clacking" that you experience - no dice. Also, Tunerz Store installed their coilovers without the isolator and noticed ZERO difference when they went back and installed them. The only difference they noticed was when they installed the OE rear struts versus the BC struts in the rear. ALL OF THE NOISE went away.
The following 2 users liked this post by connoisseurr:
blnewt (02-13-2014), warpeacelove (02-13-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Looks like there might be another option for the X~Might be just a rebranded BC/Megan set but at least it's there
Ksport Adjustable Coilover Systems, Camber Kits and Suspension Products | Ksport Store
Looks to be in the $950 range from various vendors.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:38 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Looks like there might be another option for the X~Might be just a rebranded BC/Megan set but at least it's there Ksport Adjustable Coilover Systems, Camber Kits and Suspension Products | Ksport Store Looks to be in the $950 range from various vendors.
Very interesting....

Have this set been out for a while or are they something that has been recently released?
Old 02-14-2014, 01:19 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Arrived!!
Attached Thumbnails Just bought BC racing coils-coilovers.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 10:38 AM
techG37elec

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
What I got back from BC
Mike,

The infamous clunk people complain about is simply an adjustment error. You must make sure you adjust the rear shock along with the spring perch in order to maintain proper spring preload and avoid noises.

If spring preload is not properly maintained, the spring will have play in it that it is not supposed to have. going over bumps and road imperfections will then cause the noise you see complaints about.

We offer a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects and will troubleshoot problems with customers on a daily basis. You can be assured if you have problems, we will do everything within reason to fix it for you.

Sam

I cannot believe this response from BC? How could "many" of us only mis-adjust the RIGHT REAR? If its an adjustment issue.... wouldnt ONE person have noise from the other rear?

Im telling you.... ive adjusted.... removed.... examined... ???? and I cannot make the noise CHANGE on that side of the car! I cant even MAKE the left side MAKE noise! No matter WHAT!
Is anyone experiencing noise on the LEFT? I havent seen one mention of that? Or did I miss it?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by techG37elec
What I got back from BC
Mike,

The infamous clunk people complain about is simply an adjustment error. You must make sure you adjust the rear shock along with the spring perch in order to maintain proper spring preload and avoid noises.

If spring preload is not properly maintained, the spring will have play in it that it is not supposed to have. going over bumps and road imperfections will then cause the noise you see complaints about.

We offer a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects and will troubleshoot problems with customers on a daily basis. You can be assured if you have problems, we will do everything within reason to fix it for you.

Sam

I cannot believe this response from BC? How could "many" of us only mis-adjust the RIGHT REAR? If its an adjustment issue.... wouldnt ONE person have noise from the other rear?

Im telling you.... ive adjusted.... removed.... examined... ???? and I cannot make the noise CHANGE on that side of the car! I cant even MAKE the left side MAKE noise! No matter WHAT!
Is anyone experiencing noise on the LEFT? I havent seen one mention of that? Or did I miss it?
All of the noise I have is from the right rear of the car. The adjustments in the rear are down to a 10th of a mm, so I don't buy that message from BC. I wonder if they could post a video of them fixing the rear rattle, since it seems they've been successful with it in their garage.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:30 PM
techG37elec

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
All of the noise I have is from the right rear of the car. The adjustments in the rear are down to a 10th of a mm, so I don't buy that message from BC. I wonder if they could post a video of them fixing the rear rattle, since it seems they've been successful with it in their garage.
Well.... I just emailed them again which prolly means monday but this is getting frustrating. I sent them email last monday and got the auto response back that they would answer it within 24 hours. Never got anything more. Called Thursday of last week and spoke w tim who said he has the email and forwarded to Asia? Wherever.... and theyd get back to me. Then I see this quoted response by "Sam at BC" who says that its an adjustment issue. So..... does that mean that we all have "mis-adjusted the right rear only? And that is the party line from BC? or will I hear more back after the manufacturer looks into it deeper? Im hoping the latter.

Ill tell you this: if they domt address it, theyre coming off for a refund. No way I can drive my car listening to that racket.... and im not talking about just bumpy roads.... constant.... even on the highway! Ive been trying to fix this since December, although weather here in the midatlantic has delayed me from really getting after this.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:35 PM
NoveL48
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
What I got back from BC
Mike,

Sam

Definitely sounds like BC racing... Oh your engine is idling at 3000 rpm? Try adjusting your preload. This is ****ing annoying...

Last edited by NoveL48; 02-15-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:21 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by NoveL48
Definitely sounds like BC racing... Oh your engine is idling at 3000 rpm? Try adjusting your preloa
d. This is ****ing annoying...

BC's deserves to be sued.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:18 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

The strangest thing about all this Right Rear clunking is why in the world does this only pertain to the right rear? Surely everyone that's having this issue isn't improperly setting up just the right rear coils
Is there some slightly different suspension geometry between the right and the left and it's causing noise from just the right side? Is the insulation/isolation for NVH different in the right spring &/or shock mounts?
Is the noise similar for both sides but is easier for the driver to hear the right rear and assume it's just the right rear that's got issues?

My Megan "clacky" syndrome is even on both sides as far as I can tell w/ out the defined clunks that the BC guys have been hearing and is pretty much only on washboard/ripple type bumps.

It'd be nice to have some concrete reason why it's just the right side, and once that's determined a true solution might be possible. If it were indeed just a shock problem then certainly it should be heard equally on the left too. Quite a quandary
Old 02-16-2014, 09:29 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

The strangest thing about all this Right Rear clunking is why in the world does this only pertain to the right rear? Surely everyone that's having this issue isn't improperly setting up just the right rear coils
Is there some slightly different suspension geometry between the right and the left and it's causing noise from just the right side? Is the insulation/isolation for NVH different in the right spring &/or shock mounts?
Is the noise similar for both sides but is easier for the driver to hear the right rear and assume it's just the right rear that's got issues?

My Megan "clacky" syndrome is even on both sides as far as I can tell w/ out the defined clunks that the BC guys have been hearing and is pretty much only on washboard/ripple type bumps.

It'd be nice to have some concrete reason why it's just the right side, and once that's determined a true solution might be possible. If it were indeed just a shock problem then certainly it should be heard equally on the left too. Quite a quandary
Sam said the same thing to me when I talked to them on the phone. The Only" thing I can think of is something with weight transfer, The only difference is the gas filler neck is on that side. Trust me I know that sounds stupid but that's the only differences in the rear. If it was the front the tcase is on that side.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:29 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

What I got back from BC
Mike,

Sam

Same thing they told me???

Quick Reply: Just bought BC racing coils