Just bought BC racing coils

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:37 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
So I'm a little nervous I brought the clunk noise up to the vendor and asked about adding a thicker cushion or thoughts on not having it and they said they never heard anything about it?

Come on! that Vendor is playing themselves acting like their totally surprised by your questions/statement. When the fact is that this problem is well documented about the "BC BR Type Coilovers" they produce noise from the rear right-hand side (Strut).

Last edited by warpeacelove; 02-07-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:53 PM
ninjitsui1

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
That video almost seemed like a scene from Cloverfield...Haha. I can't really tell if my noise is the same as in the video but the rattling is definitely similar and also coming from the rear right side!

I forgot to mention that even though I was told that they never heard of this issue. I forget his name...but the rep went through several "solutions" with me and was very responsive. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the rattle out though. I'd like to hear how many other people with BS coils have this issue. Maybe we can all chime in and have BC do something about this.

Originally Posted by warpeacelove
Come on! that Vendor is playing themselves acting like their totally surprised by your questions/statement. When the fact is that this problem is well documented about the "BC BR Type Coilovers" they produce noise from the rear right-hand side (Strut).
Old 02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
oh wow....my tanabes have never made a sound like that

I meant they made a noise when I hit a bump but nothing even close that roller coaster
warpeacelove posted
Old 02-08-2014, 01:47 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
You can add me to the list. Come on with it BC Racing!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
That sound is nothing like what I've experienced w/ my Megan LPs, the coilovers are supposedly from the same factory w/ basically the same internals w/ just slight variations. So I now wonder what specific difference there is between them.
I can understand now why you're so upset about this, makes your G sound like a school bus inside the cabin
Old 02-08-2014, 10:14 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
NO WAY that's was new? sound like you have tools rolling around in the trunk WHOLY CRAP
Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
As anyone tired this???

Old 02-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
For me, I've isolated the noise to the shock in the rear. I've tightened, re-tightened, and tightened again... to no avail. I've even greased the pillow ball mount, but that didn't do anything for the rattle.
The following users liked this post:
warpeacelove (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 12:35 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
For me, I've isolated the noise to the shock in the rear. I've tightened, re-tightened, and tightened again... to no avail. I've even greased the pillow ball mount, but that didn't do anything for the rattle.
There is no Fix to date man.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:07 AM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by warpeacelove

Bc racing rear coilover noise - YouTube

Ouch Man, That is bad.. not sure I could put up with that.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Other than the noise, how do the BC's perform? Has anyone gone from stock with swifts to BC? Hows the performance/quality change?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Damn I was about to order some these coil overs but now I'm probably going to get something different like stance or fortune auto.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
techG37elec

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Count me in on the noise... right rear only. I just got finished pulling it all apart again.... wearing out the lug nuts.

It appears to me that the issue may be the thin nylon washer that goes between the spring and the upper mount. The spring moves on the upper mount....... . this should not happen. I can recreate the noise by pulling back and forth on the spring itself. Why this happens only on the right and not the left.....dunno.

I have just put it all back together and will test drive it and post back.... but I haven't done anything different this time then all lthe others..... except checked the top nut and rechecked preload as per the tech guy at BC.

If I find anything enlightening.... I'll post it.

BUT...does anyone know what the preset on the FRONT springs are? I'm not sure if I accidently changed the spring tension.... longer story. Just the measurement would suffice if anyone hasn't installed theirs yet. thanks.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:55 PM
techG37elec

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately, it started raining and I had to stop, but did test drive it and its the same.... just like I thought.... creaking, rattling noise in the right rear.

I'm calling BC tomorrow. I'm about ready to pull them off and ship back. This is getting ridiculous ..... the number of people with this EXACT issue! I'm sure its an easy fix once its addressed. I was gonna temporarily use tye wraps to decrease the sloppiness between the spring and the top mount..... this is my theory. Weather aint cooperating.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
vuedoo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have y'all tried driving with a body in the rear right seat? If this solves the issue then you may need to add permanent weights back there or offer your girl's ugly friend a ride everywhere.

Quick Reply: Just bought BC racing coils