Just bought BC racing coils

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 08:37 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
As far as I know there was no solution, I sold mine, and went Swift springs. Even tho I've seen "some" good things about the fortune 500 coils I will probably never take that dive again :/.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:44 AM
VQHAY

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
So how are those BC going? Have they re-released a new model that fixed the clunk? Also are the BC for X coupe true style?
Old 06-27-2016, 07:38 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I dont think so, I know fortune 500 came out with a set but still heard some of those had issues, I need a solution soon, my suspension is getting a bit bouncy :/
Old 06-27-2016, 04:26 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
The previous page mentioned getting new shocks from BC solved their issue?

These Swifts on my stock 106k mile struts and shocks are just awful. I picked up the BC coilovers recently sold on here so we'll see how it goes.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:05 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jfisher
The previous page mentioned getting new shocks from BC solved their issue?

These Swifts on my stock 106k mile struts and shocks are just awful. I picked up the BC coilovers recently sold on here so we'll see how it goes.

Me too at 93k getting bouncy. I'm going to try my infiniti wrap warranty first tho. And see what happens, they inspected the car with the swifts and gave me the warranty so we'll see what happens.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Me too at 93k getting bouncy. I'm going to try my infiniti wrap warranty first tho. And see what happens, they inspected the car with the swifts and gave me the warranty so we'll see what happens.
Meaning getting new struts and shocks? That would be sweet! Although the drop of the Swifts has just become too mild for me.

I sent BC an email this morning asking them about the rear shocks on the coilovers I recently bought off of here. They're $95 a piece new, but I really think they need to step up and replace them if they're clunking. Or at least offer a hefty discount.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:33 PM
NZTY_VQ
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Anything I should note for the install in April? First time ( in my life) I bought coilovers, I usually go springs and shocks, But since there are very few options for the X sedan I grabbed these, for a super deal from a vendor on here.
Awww man i just read all these posts kind of regretting getting my BC coilovers i just got em this past monday
Old 06-30-2016, 12:57 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by NZTY_VQ
Awww man i just read all these posts kind of regretting getting my BC coilovers i just got em this past monday
Maybe you'll be one that doesn't have any issues, this seems to be a hit or miss problem, G/L.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:00 AM
NZTY_VQ
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blnewt
Maybe you'll be one that doesn't have any issues, this seems to be a hit or miss problem, G/L.
To pay all this money and to be playing 50/50 on a product dosnt really convince me
Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Yea man good luck I hope they don't knock.

I just bought KYB GR2's full set with mounts for $385 . My stock set up is getting a little lose. @ almost 100k and 40k on Swifts
Old 06-30-2016, 08:06 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

To pay all this money and to be playing 50/50 on a product dosnt really convince me
Per this thread it seems the noise was narrowed down to the rear shocks. If you get the noise you can always have the rear shocks replaced. $95 a piece.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:55 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

This seems to be the most informative thread so far on the BC coils so I'm going to post my experience so far here.

I got the rear coilovers installed last night and the height adjusted. I do have some noise in the rear, but I have yet to set shock preload. I won't knock them yet until I completely finish the install. A couple takeaways:

-26" from the fender lip to the ground seems to be the sweet spot imo. No gap, but not too low and still fairly maintainable. I can't get my low profile jack under the back of the car straight on, but it slips under the car on the side jacking points just fine. I may make some wooden ramps at some point to solve this and make it easier to jack up the rear quicker.

-Where the upper spring perch is located in relation to the sleeve from passenger to driver side is dramatically different. I wasn't expecting this. I'm about .4" from being fully maxed out to the lowest height on the passenger side (the setting in the pic below was at 25 7/8" height of the fender lip. I raised the car / lowered the collar 1/8" after this pic to achieve exactly 26" ride height):

Name:  BC%20Coilover%20Install%206_zpsvwxwzfpd.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  172.7 KB

-This is causing the spring and upper mount to have some motion with the shock and control arm bucket bolted up. I'm sure this isn't helping with noise. I'll know more after I set the shock preload. It almost seems as of now that the spring is too short. Uncompressed I measured at 10":

Name:  BC%20Coilover%20Install%204_zpszriyaez1.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  174.4 KB

-Part number of my spring:

Name:  BC%20Coilover%20Install%205_zpszzmmav8c.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  170.8 KB

-For reference here is where the collar is adjusted on the driver side to achieve the 26" height I want:

Name:  BC%20Coilover%20Install%201_zpsnvt47rea.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  181.5 KB
Old 07-19-2016, 01:10 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
This seems to be the most informative thread so far on the BC coils so I'm going to post my experience so far here.

I got the rear coilovers installed last night and the height adjusted. I do have some noise in the rear, but I have yet to set shock preload. I won't knock them yet until I completely finish the install. A couple takeaways:

-26" from the fender lip to the ground seems to be the sweet spot imo. No gap, but not too low and still fairly maintainable. I can't get my low profile jack under the back of the car straight on, but it slips under the car on the side jacking points just fine. I may make some wooden ramps at some point to solve this and make it easier to jack up the rear quicker.

-Where the upper spring perch is located in relation to the sleeve from passenger to driver side is dramatically different. I wasn't expecting this. I'm about .4" from being fully maxed out to the lowest height on the passenger side (the setting in the pic below was at 25 7/8" height of the fender lip. I raised the car / lowered the collar 1/8" after this pic to achieve exactly 26" ride height):

-This is causing the spring and upper mount to have some motion with the shock and control arm bucket bolted up. I'm sure this isn't helping with noise. I'll know more after I set the shock preload. It almost seems as of now that the spring is too short. Uncompressed I measured at 10":
I've had this exact problem with my BC coilovers. After contacting BC, spending hours troubleshooting the install, pre-load, and defective parts, I decided to sell them. The noise in the rear coilovers drove me crazy. I hope you have better luck with the set.

I know 4 G37 owners with BC coilovers. 3 of them have noise in the rear and just live with it.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:32 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
I've had this exact problem with my BC coilovers. After contacting BC, spending hours troubleshooting the install, pre-load, and defective parts, I decided to sell them. The noise in the rear coilovers drove me crazy. I hope you have better luck with the set.

I know 4 G37 owners with BC coilovers. 3 of them have noise in the rear and just live with it.
Did you set the shock preload per these instructions?

Infiniti G37 Coupe BC Coilover installation steps showing step by step instructions on installation, height adjustment and measurements

I also got this link to a youtube video directly from BC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWgQ...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-19-2016, 02:30 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Yes and yes. I spoke with them on the phone and through e-mail. Verified my pre-load was set correctly.

Quick Reply: Just bought BC racing coils