Just bought BC racing coils

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 03:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by m0nster
I have no problem doing this as I am curious myself. I'll make a thread once I receive and install them (before next weekend hopefully).
If you could also post a review along w/ pics of the coilovers (prior to putting them on) over in this thread that would be a big help. Trying to get a solid database thread w/ the available coilovers for the X. The pics on most of the coilover sites show a pic of the coil line but not vehicle specific. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Brad
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...r-options.html
Old 03-30-2014, 06:22 PM
m0nster

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes sir I could definitely do that. That thread is where I found out K-Sport made coilovers for the X so I'm kind of obligated to help out any way I can. I should be receiving them by mid week so I'll throw some pics up before I install them.
Now that I'm starting to mod I'll try to lurk less and post more

Originally Posted by blnewt
If you could also post a review along w/ pics of the coilovers (prior to putting them on) over in this thread that would be a big help. Trying to get a solid database thread w/ the available coilovers for the X. The pics on most of the coilover sites show a pic of the coil line but not vehicle specific. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Brad
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...r-options.html
The following 2 users liked this post by m0nster:
ANMVQ (03-30-2014), blnewt (03-30-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:40 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
So got a call yesterday from Sam( Finally) and he asked me to send him my video and he was going to talk to management about it and what they could do. Honestly they should take them back defective, I'm too old to deal with this , LOL Yes I said to old( 40), I'm done with turning wrenches on my own car for things like this and working as much as I do its hard and $$$ to have someone else constantly mess with things , or play around to find out why these are making noise. $87$ hour for 2 hours to look at it and fix nothing it tuff to do 4-5 times till someone figures it out. So we'll see. :/
Old 04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
i really had no idea what this clunking sound was, i know my BCs make some small creeks and stuff sounds like the bring bucket (spring and the rubber) but you cant hear it if i have music going.

Thank you for putting the video up and sorry that you are experencing this.
other than the creeks my BCs sound no where close to that and they been on for 4 years and seen all 4 seasons installed by me at the auto hobby shop on base. it seems like its a hit or miss with these coils
Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I know I have to almost blast the radio to not hear it and with anyone in the car I cant do that cause we wouldn't be able to talk ,LOL
Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 AM
techG37elec

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Just "fought" bc racing coils?

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I know I have to almost blast the radio to not hear it and with anyone in the car I cant do that cause we wouldn't be able to talk ,LOL
Im not even close to a "LOL" at this point. I do A/V systems and my stereo is not loud enough...... head banging music doesnt even cushion the aggravation this noise causes in my $40,000.00 ride.

My patience is done. BC will not call me back. 2 VM. I have sent 4 PM's to PETE who WAS trying to help me through that median, now, ive been totally .... basically..... being told that they will DO NOTHING....... bc they wont reply to anything ive sent or ssid. I have been patient. Read my replies thru all these pages, if im out of line here, help me. Ive made mistakes before.

This is a well documented LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT!!!!
I spent $!@*ing $1000.00 on these damned things!...... all of us have!

(Notice my new approach on this?)

Ive had enough bull. The vendor I purchased them thru wont do anything..... BC wont do anything!!!!

Ive spent 5 months on this. Ive taken everything apart that they asked, ive measured, answered, tightened, photographed and responded to all THEIR queries. Ive even agreed to take my car to one of THEIR dealers thats 2 hours away! My time! My fuel! They also offered to send me a set of replacement shocks. Never got em

NO RESPONSES!.... WONT PM OR CALL BACK!

I own a business. If I treated JUST ONE of my clients that way, I would deservedly get black balled. I wouldnt blame them at all. My future sales would plummet. This is a TOTAL DISREGARD FOR FUTURE BUSINESS! Helloooooooooo?

There are alot of other forums....... if you get my drift.

How many of you all are still dealing with this? If they dont respond, Im starting a new thread on this next week.... in the correct "Suspension" category. (Im taking ideas on what it should be entitled....... anyone wanna help me?)

I will not let this die until I am satisfied with this product. I am also calling the owner or GM of BC next week...... stay tuned.
The following 4 users liked this post by techG37elec:
ANMVQ (04-05-2014), blnewt (04-06-2014), superjer2000 (04-05-2014), Sylo (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 10:00 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

+1000 for the above rant , to the guys who have swapped out the rear coils(BC) for the stock shocks what's the drop like? I'm debating on getting swift springs and all stock shocks / struts or just swapping the rears back in ! Thanx
Old 04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Well noise is getting worse so bad at this point I don't want to drive it and take them out and toss them in the river!! I open a claim @paypal. Something I didn't want to do but no choice I'm out $1600 plus the $500 to go back stock is going to cost me.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 PM
kilya

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn ANMVQ that sounds pretty bad. I had BC coils on my STi and they were great. I appreciated the 1k I paid for a nice set of coils. I hope they come through for you guys in regards to getting these items replaced/fixed.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:28 PM
techG37elec

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Well noise is getting worse so bad at this point I don't want to drive it and take them out and toss them in the river!! I open a claim @paypal. Something I didn't want to do but no choice I'm out $1600 plus the $500 to go back stock is going to cost me.
Called again today, left message in sales. No call back yet. Im unable to even get a live person at this point.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:32 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by techG37elec
Called again today, left message in sales. No call back yet. Im unable to even get a live person at this point.
I'm done with them. Sam was "supposed" to call me back last week.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been unavailable for the past 2-3 weeks with work and personal. I've contacted 2 potential guys here on the forum to go to their location and review the issues within the next 2 weeks. I'm waiting to hear back from them on this. I'll try to keep everyone posted on what I hear back.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:03 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by techG37elec
Im not even close to a "LOL" at this point. I do A/V systems and my stereo is not loud enough...... head banging music doesnt even cushion the aggravation this noise causes in my $40,000.00 ride.

My patience is done. BC will not call me back. 2 VM. I have sent 4 PM's to PETE who WAS trying to help me through that median, now, ive been totally .... basically..... being told that they will DO NOTHING....... bc they wont reply to anything ive sent or ssid. I have been patient. Read my replies thru all these pages, if im out of line here, help me. Ive made mistakes before.

This is a well documented LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT!!!!
I spent $!@*ing $1000.00 on these damned things!...... all of us have!

(Notice my new approach on this?)

Ive had enough bull. The vendor I purchased them thru wont do anything..... BC wont do anything!!!!

Ive spent 5 months on this. Ive taken everything apart that they asked, ive measured, answered, tightened, photographed and responded to all THEIR queries. Ive even agreed to take my car to one of THEIR dealers thats 2 hours away! My time! My fuel! They also offered to send me a set of replacement shocks. Never got em

NO RESPONSES!.... WONT PM OR CALL BACK!

I own a business. If I treated JUST ONE of my clients that way, I would deservedly get black balled. I wouldnt blame them at all. My future sales would plummet. This is a TOTAL DISREGARD FOR FUTURE BUSINESS! Helloooooooooo?

There are alot of other forums....... if you get my drift.

How many of you all are still dealing with this? If they dont respond, Im starting a new thread on this next week.... in the correct "Suspension" category. (Im taking ideas on what it should be entitled....... anyone wanna help me?)

I will not let this die until I am satisfied with this product. I am also calling the owner or GM of BC next week...... stay tuned.

Sounds like we should pursue a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST BC.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 PM
NeverEnough007

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Looking for xs sedan coilovers. Pete, people want to get to stock height for winters in the snow belt.

I have lived in fl and now in Boston. Please visit someone in Boston instead of Vegas or fl. You will never be able to replicate the issue in areas with excellent roads. Your only option is finding a dirt road or a field. Yes, a good amount of the city roads are that bad in and around Boston. I am OCD with rattles. Same truck in Boston rattled, in fl it never did for years, heading back up to northeast and the rattles were back. Crap roads will be the key.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:12 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NeverEnough007
Glad I found this thread. Looking for xs sedan coilovers. Pete, people want to get to stock height for winters in the snow belt.

I have lived in fl and now in Boston. Please visit someone in Boston instead of Vegas or fl. You will never be able to replicate the issue in areas with excellent roads. Your only option is finding a dirt road or a field. Yes, a good amount of the city roads are that bad in and around Boston. I am OCD with rattles. Same truck in Boston rattled, in fl it never did for years, heading back up to northeast and the rattles were back. Crap roads will be the key.
Too bad I think I'm the only one in Boston with these, An I'm taking mine out.

Quick Reply: Just bought BC racing coils