Just bought BC racing coils

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:15 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Oh BTW still nothing from BC, will call again later today, Is ridiculous tho I honestly should have just bought springs
Old 03-28-2014, 04:53 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Oh BTW still nothing from BC, will call again later today, Is ridiculous tho I honestly should have just bought springs
Since your troubles are coming from the back maybe it would be best to get a set of rear springs and use your OEM shocks, something like Tanabe. even if they're a little higher than your coil settings the raked look also looks good, just some food for thought. Might even be worth a shot to just remove the BC shocks and try your OEMs back there.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (03-28-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 07:19 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Hey Blnewt something I'm think about I just talked to Kyle @ importpartspro
Where i bought them and going to sen this to BC! But that's something I'm defintly think about but this is what I been listening to since day 1

Old 03-28-2014, 07:22 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Oh and the phones in the car with me not in the trunk and the first two knocks and last two is me leaving and return to my driveway ,:/
Old 03-30-2014, 09:42 AM
techG37elec

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by platinumg35x
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There have been WAY too many issues with these coilovers for it to be an installer issue. After I had noise issues, I took my car with the coilovers to one of BC's own RECOMMENDED installers and he could not fix the issue (Pete said he read this entire thread and so I wondered why he glanced over my comment when I mentioned exactly this a few pages ago and did not respond to it). Hence, it is NOT an installer issue.

These issues have been going on for YEARS. Just do a quick search on this site or g35driver (multiple multiple threads on the same topic).

People, please just stop buying these coilovers (unless you want to gamble to get a set of BC coils that do no make noise...I'll admit some people have not had noise issues, many have, it's a toss-up).
Pete@BC, either stop selling these and ripping people off or fix the issue.

It is disgusting to see people go through this.
Has anyone heard from Pete @ BC? Through PM or otherwise in the last two weeks???

Im giving him benefit of the doubt, maybe vacation? Sick? Ive sent some PM's, but havent heard back yet.

Ill send another one now and call tomorrow. They got a G37 in and were supposed to investigate and get back to us. Ive done all I can do at this point with checking, removing, reinstalling, setting, measuring, tightening... I'm at wits end and beginning to lose patience. Hopefully Pete will respond back.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:22 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Here's how I see it - you need help with a product and you're reaching out to someone for help. They're not returning your requests.

When I pick up the phone to Chris or any of the guys at Fortune Auto, they answer on the spot or get back to me within 30 minutes. They strive on great customer service for ALL of their customers.

If that doesn't show you something, I don't know what will. Also, Fortune has their hands deeper in the motorsports industry than BC does, hands down. They have proven AMERICAN MADE products. That's an instant seller for me.
ANMVQ (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Well that's why I PM'd Luke just to see what those cost , I may just buy those ,Send the BC's back an open I claim with paypal . Not to be a jerk but to spend more than 1k on something that doesn't work and be told you can't retune them as defective is BS .
BC says once their installed their yours , what kinda crap is that , I'd want to keep them if they didn't make my car sound like a $500 POS . Seriously man it's embarrassing to take someone for a ride in the car when everytime I hit a uneven peice of road there is a knock or clunk front the rear . Just my.02.

I really hope the fortune 500's GB price is something I can do .
Just don't want to throw $$$ at BC if there never going to be quite .
Old 03-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
This sucks, seems like the same story with BC coils and any g. I think ppl should just stay away from bc to begin with then when they realize their sales are suffering they will invest in making a quality product because this is pure non sense.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:03 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I haven't heard anything from anyone at BC I've called and emailed . The last time I called I was told Sam would call me back that was like 5 days ago.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Nothin2Somethin

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I haven't heard anything from anyone at BC I've called and emailed . The last time I called I was told Sam would call me back that was like 5 days ago.
They are trying to figure out what bs to tell you thats why. SMH
ANMVQ (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 11:09 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Agreed , you know the video I took they'll say " oh preload is not set correctly ". Learning the hard way that's all they tell you .
Old 03-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Nothin2Somethin

It happens man, as long as you are learning that's what counts. It will work out for you in the end, you will have a nice riding suspension without any clunks or strange noises.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:19 PM
m0nster

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow I'm so happy I stumbled across this thread. I was about to buy a set of BCs.

It's a shame that a product that has been well known as the "best" budget coilover makes a car like an Infiniti sound like a POS.

Even my local shop in Toronto has seen/heard of this thread and have stopped pushing BCs on Infiniti owners.

I ended up going with the K-SPORT coils (XS Sedan) and I'm hoping to get them installed by next weekend. Hopefully I can share a good review once I get them on.

Good luck to everyone in getting their BC issue resolved. I'd be PISSED if I were in your situation.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:56 PM
PERMAT

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by m0nster
I ended up going with the K-SPORT coils (XS Sedan) and I'm hoping to get them installed by next weekend. Hopefully I can share a good review once I get them on.
Truly looking forward to this. If you have a change would it be possible to have a measurement from the wheel center cap to the fender at max height?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:21 PM
m0nster

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PERMAT
Truly looking forward to this. If you have a change would it be possible to have a measurement from the wheel center cap to the fender at max height?
I have no problem doing this as I am curious myself. I'll make a thread once I receive and install them (before next weekend hopefully).

Quick Reply: Just bought BC racing coils