ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Will do man !
Old 03-12-2014, 09:30 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
oh boy... stock settings are set to the hardest settings i believe which is 0 for both front and rears which might explain your harsh ride

they are 30 way adjustable and you can get to the fronts in the engine bay but the rears depend on if you have the version where the dampening may be located at the top of the strut in which case you have to kinda take em off if the extenders wernt installed
"0" would be the softest, not the hardest. "30" would be the hardest. I think I'm at 23 or 25 or so, and I wish they'd still be more stiff. I think it has more to do with the progressive spring rate than the dampening though.

As for the rears, if the adjustment **** is on the outside/top of the strut, which it should be, then simply put a floor jack under the pumpkin and raise the car until the rear wheels are off the floor. You should have enough room to stick your arm up there and reach the ****.

ANMVQ, the **** in your engine bay to make adjustments should look like this (it's a picture of an old extender, but the **** looks exactly the same):
Attached Thumbnails Just bought BC racing coils-bc-racing-extender-1.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey fellas just a update I heard today there is a G37 coming in tomorrow so we can look it over. It is a fresh install, but the techs are going to look and see if anything jumps out in differences from the left to right.

As for the adjusters mentioned. All new kits and for the past 2yrs I'd say are all side adjusters.

I'll take a peek at the rears tomorrow when they have it on the lift and see if I note anything that I can share with you guys.

Any other locations of you guys with issues?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:57 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
dannnnnng bought mine too early :\ got the top adjusters

i saw that you guys offer swift springs as an option i am currently on BC coils and was wondering if i upgrade to swift springs now will everything have to be readjusted?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Pete@BC

To utilize the swift your ok on keeping the shocks you have side or top adjustment. The package would have a bucket adapter which allows a linear spring in place of the cone shaped OEM design.
The following users liked this post:
ChinkyChoy (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 08:13 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

So adjusted today and the rears are worse 20 Clicks soft , wheels balanced for the 2nd time
Worse at 65 cars feels like it going to fall apart . When I frist swapped the wheels the was a little shake but now I'm physically shaking in the seat , car pulls left really bad , anyone want to buy coilovers that are two days old ? Btw front links are no good too
Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

The shop guys have been really helpful and they have delt with BCs a lot there owner has them on his STI and one of his techs has them and a handful of there customers have them
Guess there not for infiniti
Old 03-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Ipp391
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
So adjusted today and the rears are worse 20 Clicks soft , wheels balanced for the 2nd time
Worse at 65 cars feels like it going to fall apart . When I frist swapped the wheels the was a little shake but now I'm physically shaking in the seat , car pulls left really bad , anyone want to buy coilovers that are two days old ? Btw front links are no good too
Sorry to hear that bro.. That's definately disappointing. But hey, look on the bright side, the car looks sick when its parked!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Damn, that's some disappointing feedback, sorry to hear you're having such underwhelming performance. Sure sounds like something is seriously askew. Doesn't even sound like it's safe for you to drive it
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Was the car aligned? (prob not, but beside the point)

Even though it isn't immediately aligned, the car should drive reasonably well. Yes, you should have some push/pull, mainly in turns, but nothing to the point of what you're describing.

After mine was installed, it drove well. Sure, the settings were too soft, but it was a "feeling out" period anyway. I was able to let go of the wheel on a straight road and the car didn't do anything funky. I noticed some "push" when making left hand turns, but it's to be expected prior to an alignment. Nothing shook whatsoever.

It honestly sounds like an installation issue.

Last edited by san~man; 03-13-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Pete@BC

Who was the shop that installed? Your suspension wouldn't cause a shake. Sounds like wheel balance.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Who was the shop that installed? Your suspension wouldn't cause a shake. Sounds like wheel balance.

Hey Pete it's motive tunning , And townfair tire is doing the wheels and alignment . Their right down the street front the shop . I don feel safe driving it .
Plus it was aligned or they tired and suck I have an alignment sheet ?

Kinda figured I have to play with the settings but this is rediculous
Plus the rears banging is pretty disappointing
Old 03-14-2014, 01:48 AM
XSive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add another unhappy BC/Megan coilover owner here... clunking hell from rear shocks, removed and installed a set of nos 350z shocks i had from an old car laying around, clunk gone. I plan on welding a nut on the bottom megan shock mount to duplicate the oem design and see how that works, the reason being is I see witness marks that seem to show wear that correlates with relative motion as the bolt is not "captured" by a welded nut.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Yea right, So another full day of driving the rears are still clunking ( they softened the dampeners yesterday- made it worse) , I'm to old for this crap, I'm calling the vender today and telling them I'm returning them. Worst $$$$$ I ever spent. :/ , guess I should have just cut the springs, ( LOL would ride better). Really frustrating.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
sorry to hear man.

did you at least take a ride with the shop tech so he could see and experiance what was going on? or what did he say at least?

Quick Reply: Just bought BC racing coils