Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review AMR Engineering Coilovers Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 04:55 PM
AZNnite

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guys I'd thought Id give you an update with pending response from AMR.....

After installing the units at one of AMR's recomended dealers, the knocking and clacking sounds from the rear became too annoying. We uninstalled the rear shocks for further inspection. With the damper setting on max stiff, a compression test was done by simply pushing down on the shocks with the body weight of a 160lb person and see the rate of rebound. Suprisingly the tech was EASILY able to compress the rear shocks without effort! Worse yet, the shocks did not retract. Even after left sitting for an hour, there was no movement. As a result, the tech tried to connect with Andy via Email and phone since the beginning of Nov. At first he blamed neglegance on the installers part but have yet to address the issue with the rears. All we asked for him was to take a look at the product for any damages or needed servicing. He has yet to respond since the first week of Nov. Additionally I too have sent an email on the 19th following up on the situation with null results....
Old 11-28-2013, 05:24 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is pretty awful. I'm sorry for the guys that volunteered to be the first to try out these coils, especially given that they are not cheap by any means (KW price territory). I know they are custom-built and thus are expensive, but if you charge as much as KWs (or perhaps even more), you should deliver top notch quality and customer service if something goes wrong. So much for the "bullet-proof" shocks these were supposed to be. I initially asked Andy about these and he assured me that his shocks were flawless and that the coils would be noise free (minus the usual slight pillow-mount noise). But that isn't the major issue. The major issue is AMR's completely unprofessional behavior of leaving customers empty-handed without addressing their issues.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Sorry to hear what you're going through AZ, like platinum mentioned you & the other few paid some good coin for these initial units and to get no response from the company is certainly disconcerting. Hopefully they'll do you right and stand behind their products, sounds like they've got some work to do. Good luck through all of this and please keep us posted along the way.
~Brad
Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 AM
malady

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
sorry to say not surprised at all

you know how many forums he has been banned from

If you keep pushing it hopefully he will make it right
Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 PM
AZNnite

Thanks guys,

Another message was sent yesterday. Still nothing. On the bright side, I reinstalled my stock shocks paired with SWIFT springs with my new wheels and tires. Wow is all I can say! When I had this setup prior to the AMR coilovers, on stock wheels and tires, it rode like sh*t! But when paired with my Volk G12s with Michelin AS3s, you get the best of both worlds - oem comfort with aggresive handling. All without noise! I would of never bought from AMR had if I had known this.
The following users liked this post:
Legz (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the review/followups, hope all goes well, I won't be purchasing any AMR products anytime soon...
Old 12-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Emillion45

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AZNnite
Guys I'd thought Id give you an update with pending response from AMR.....

After installing the units at one of AMR's recomended dealers, the knocking and clacking sounds from the rear became too annoying. We uninstalled the rear shocks for further inspection. With the damper setting on max stiff, a compression test was done by simply pushing down on the shocks with the body weight of a 160lb person and see the rate of rebound. Suprisingly the tech was EASILY able to compress the rear shocks without effort! Worse yet, the shocks did not retract. Even after left sitting for an hour, there was no movement. As a result, the tech tried to connect with Andy via Email and phone since the beginning of Nov. At first he blamed neglegance on the installers part but have yet to address the issue with the rears. All we asked for him was to take a look at the product for any damages or needed servicing. He has yet to respond since the first week of Nov. Additionally I too have sent an email on the 19th following up on the situation with null results....

That's so weird, my rear dampers rebound in just over a minute. Wouldn't this have something to do with the piston flow ratio?
Old 12-06-2013, 02:54 AM
AZNnite

Well at lease you got "some" rebound.....
Jokes aside, even thats not normal....
Old 12-06-2013, 02:55 AM
AZNnite

Seems like Andys been pulling wool over peoples eyes on another forum.

AMR Engineering's Business Ethics and Recent Appearence
Old 12-06-2013, 03:57 AM
Emillion45

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AZNnite
Well at lease you got "some" rebound.....
Jokes aside, even thats not normal....
My dad has a set of $3,000 Dampers for his NHRA bike and they rebound the same way? It has to be the way the ratio is set up. (Not trying to be a smart *** but I'm confused as to how it's not normal)

Also,

I am going to use the SPL mid link so I won't need the AMR height adjustment hardware that has been having fitment issues. Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by Emillion45; 12-06-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Sorry to hear about this guys. I would keep pushing it until you get some kind of response. Also, visit every forum that they go to and let the users know what kind of business practice these guys run. The customer is king and when you don't take care of your customers, you have no business in any business. I would go to BBB and also file something on these guys. Ruining their name is the best way to try to get your money back or at least some kind of resolution.

Also, just to add, a quality coilover will not make any noise. A "possibility" of noise is an out for a manufacturer that makes a poor product.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:34 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Knew this was going to happen with that guy. Sorry for all of you who got sucked in. He will probably disappear, get a new company name, and sucker more people.

Even so, I hope he makes things right.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:49 AM
AZNnite

I cant believe it...theres guys on the Honda-Tech forums getting dooped by Andy's bullsh*t! I had to register there to spread the warning.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:04 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
What a sad way to go through life
Karma is a b*tch so hopefully that rings true.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:28 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Hopefully everyone else that has pending orders will cancel/stop payment.

Quick Reply: Review AMR Engineering Coilovers Review