How far should Foot-Brake go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
unknown2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How far should Foot-Brake go?

Let me try to explain in my best ability...

Today I pressed my foot-brake to test on my 7AT G37xS and it seemed it went too far in before it grab on to the rotors safely(about 90-90% in). I would say it was inch or two from my rest pedal (the one all the way left).
I know for hand brakes, you can safely determine by the pull strength in 7-10 clicks or it needs to be adjusted.

Has anyone have knowledge on what how many clicks or how far from the floor should foot-brake lock the brakes tight so I know I am not just paranoid?
I know on G37, it's integrated hand brake system so I am not sure how to start.. Is this something I can do? and would dealer adjust the rear brake line as warranty?

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by unknown2k1
Let me try to explain in my best ability...

Today I pressed my foot-brake to test on my 7AT G37xS and it seemed it went too far in before it grab on to the rotors safely(about 90-90% in). I would say it was inch or two from my rest pedal (the one all the way left).
I know for hand brakes, you can safely determine by the pull strength in 7-10 clicks or it needs to be adjusted.

Has anyone have knowledge on what how many clicks or how far from the floor should foot-brake lock the brakes tight so I know I am not just paranoid?
I know on G37, it's integrated hand brake system so I am not sure how to start.. Is this something I can do? and would dealer adjust the rear brake line as warranty?

Thanks.
My 07 & my current 09 the floor brake went almost to the floor for full compression, sounds like yours is the same. I've never had any issues and it holds just fine.