Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 07:02 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
K.W Vs Aragosta- AKA TS

http://www.rhdjapan.com/aragosta-typ...v36-nm35-63978

Aragosta Suspension Technics - history

Really so this is better then KW? I think not!!!

The Aragosta company was founded thirty years ago in the Netherlands. Following a series of setbacks, it was taken over by the Belgian company Suspension Technics which continues to produce shock absorbers today.

Originally, most of the production was for motocross and GP racing bikes, two disciplines in which we became world leader.

Building upon this success, we subsequently expanded our product range. Today, all types of vehicle can be fitted with our shock absorbers. We are present at National and Worlds Rally championships, in Autocross, Kartcross and Touring car events. We even set records in the Paris-Dakar Rally, in both the T1 and T2 categories.

K.W

The KW motor sports technology is applied by renowned and successful teams at numerous motor sports events around the world. Also, at amateur races such as the VLN Langstreckenpokal (The association of organisers of Endurance Races on the Nürburgring), rally events or the FIA touring car races. Numerous achievements, including victories at the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring clearly confirm the motor sports technology by KW competition

Toyo Tires 24h series 1st and 2nd, Schubert Motorsport
24-hour race Nurburgring hat trick for Manthey Racing,
for the 3rd time in a row, the Team Manthey Racing wins the 24-hour race
6 TOP 10 results and 7 class wins with KW
FIA WTCC – still pending
James Thompson on Honda
Independent Trophy: Wiechers Sport, Engstler Motorsport
ADAC GT Masters Team Flatex Reiter with Lamborghini Gallardo, team winner
VLN Langstreckenpokal – still pending
Mountain International FIA HILL CLIMB CUP Georg Plasa
Overall winner 2008 region 1 and 2
German Mountain Championship Norbert Brenner,
Overall winner touring car race 2008
German Automobile Mountain Championship for Racing Cars, Marcel Steiner, Champion 2008
KW Mountain Cup, Holger Hovemann, overall win 2008,
division winner: Klaus Bernert and Holger Hovemann
Winner of the KW 8V-Trophy: Jürgen Heßmountainer and Bernd Ehrle
ATCS - Asian Touring Car Series Jack Lemvard, Thailand Champion 2008,
Team Engstler Motorsport is team champion, KW is the sponsor of the series since 2005
IDC - International Drift Challenge Paul Vlasblom Champion,
2. Remmo Niezen, 3. Yves Faber King of Europe 2008 Drift Series, Kees Kok Driftking 2008
Slovenian Touring Car Championship
MINI CHALLENGE, Thomas Neumann Champion 2008
German Rally Series (DRS), Rainer Noller Evo 7th, overall 2nd

KW - made for winners!

For many years, the KW automotive GmbH is the epitome for premium products in car tuning and automobile refinement. KW offers its customers the largest suspension program world-wide. The entire assortment – from springs over sports suspensions to coilover suspensions “inox line” in three damping versions – such a variety of products is unsurpassed on the market. Moreover, KW automotive GmbH develops racing solutions for national and international motor sports. The racing program KW competition is successfully used by numerous racing teams on many race tracks around the world.

KW automotive North America Inc. is also an important partner for a large number of renowned companies in the automobile industry. An enormous number of refiners and manufacturers of large- and small scale series likewise rely on the suspension competence of KW automotive North America Inc.

The company was founded in 1995 and at the beginning it only existed of three employees and had an operating area of 1600 sq.ft. Today, KW automotive GmbH is represented all over the world and has approx. 200 employees in five locations. After numerous expansions at the company headquarters in Fichtenberg, the overall production- and floor space now stretches over 247,500 sq.ft. The continually growing delivery program includes many thousand applications.

Apart from the KW suspension solutions, the brand LSD-Doors is also a company under the umbrella organization KW automotive GmbH. The patented wing-door refining kits – one of the most extraordinary vehicle modifications – are available for nearly all established car brands. The unique door hinge system makes it possible to open car doors upwards like in a Lamborghini. The serial hinges are replaced by vehicle-specific LSD fittings. The original doors are maintained.

Moreover, also the brand WEITEC belongs to the KW automotive GmbH. The favorable suspension program offers convincing driving characteristics and a unique price-performance ratio for beginners.

Innovative test procedures

In 2006, a state-of-the art 7-post drive dynamics test stand has been put into operation at the KW automotive GmbH headquarters in Fichtenberg. This test stand can simulate different race track conditions. There are only 15 such hydraulic test stands available around the world and most of them are used by Formula 1 teams for their research and development measures.

The KW automotive GmbH also uses this innovative test opportunity for the developing new suspensions and optimizing suspension set-ups. Moreover, the suspension expert offers all interested racing teams and commercial partners the possibility, to carry out future vehicle adjustments with the help of its 7-post drive dynamics test stand at its test centre in Fichtenberg.

For the teams this enormously saves both costs and time, as all vehicle-relevant race track characteristics can be simulated with this test stand without exposing the car to unnecessary wear. This technology offers the company KW unprecedented test opportunities for applications in the automobile industry and in motor sports.

Motor sports- and commercial partner

KW automotive GmbH is a commercial partner and also the partner of various motor sports teams.
For the high-performance prestige products by Mercedes-AMG – SLK 55, CLK 63 and SL 65 AMG Black Series – KW has developed a special suspension which meets the high demands by Mercedes-AMG.

Already for some years, KW is the official development- and production partner of Roush Performance from the United States. KW automotive GmbH equips all high-performance Ford Mustang models by Roush with KW sports suspensions in different adjustments. Moreover, KW co-operates with Chrysler USA whose Viper SRT10 ACR has entered the market in 2007.

The race car which has 600 hp and is only available in a limited edition is based on the Dodge Viper 2008 and is equipped with a KW coilover suspension which KW especially developed for Chrysler.

For many year, the suspension technology KW competition is successfully used by renowned teams at numerous racing series around the world, e.g. the 24h-race at the Nürburgring, the BFGoodrich long distance championship, the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC), the FIA GT and many more
Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be renamed the GTLAW v. IPL 370GT throwdown
j/k (kinda).
Can't argue KWs success and nice product line, seems like Aragosta has a pretty nice rep though.

All I know is they're both a few notches above my Megans
(but I'm still happy w/ them).
Subscribed for future entertainment value, this one might get good
The following users liked this post:
RYs06MT (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
I don't think the Belgium company is the same one as the Aragosta Suspension System from Japan. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

ƒAƒ‰ƒSƒXƒ^bTOPLINE
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 PM
GTLAW
Banned

This just all on the name of Fun! I researched Aragosts and no they not Japan based product! Like HKS, Cusio, Tein.

So why does TS order Aragosts dampers and place swift springs on them and jack up the price?

This not upset anyone as the reason I made this post was to just show that places like Mines,ARC,TS way over price there products to make an profit!

They are cool names but that's it.

My coworker and I was having a long talk about all this tonight and it all comes down to what you value in your mind as the best for you! Wether it's Eibach KW or
Aragosts .

it's what makes you happy!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
You and IPL370GT should track it out. Winner gets the IPL badge.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:03 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Haha I asked him to do the airport event with me. At Zdays!

Now when he goes FI I don't have a chance unless there lots of turns as you don't need but so much power to run the track.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be renamed the GTLAW v. IPL 370GT throwdown

haha....thanks for the laugh
Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
There have been other members with these coilovers. Two come to mind immediately. This isn't GTLAW vs IPL 370gt. Clearly GTLAW has the better/fastest car... He's felt the need to post this in multiple sections now.

Now for the real facts...

Top Secret's coilover suspensions are legendary in Japan as they've been behind the top cars in all forms of competition. Cars running Top Secret's coilovers have racked up awards and series wins in: D1GP, Time Attack, Super Taikyu, Drag Racing, March Cup and Top Speed. Even some Nismo race cars. Aragosta developed some history with the R32 and R34.. I think your "research" falls a little short GTLAW. Maybe hit the books or Google again. Less copy and paste.

These coilovers are praised and also very popular on the GTR boards.

The secret behind the success of Top Secret's coilovers: a potent mix of World Class dampers produced by Aragosta, complete one-off tuning/re-valving done by Smoky Nagata himself based on the unique specs of each car. Making this system completely custom to the tuner request. The spring rates are also custom to the needs and yes, produced by SWIFT. SWIFT make amazing springs, many G37 owners run them and report extremely happy results.

The KW systems use the same technology for many cars. The 370z and G37 share the same part numbers, but the cars have completely different suspention needs. The G is a fat girl compared to the Z and needs an entirely different spring rating valve setting.

GTLAW owns the KW v1. The V1 system is Pre-set non-damping system. Not to be confused with the real coilovers. The KW V3 is a more adequate competitor to Aragosta systems. The KW v1 is a street coilover and isn't intended for track abuse. Both Aragosta and KW V3's are (race coilovers) with a happy medium. Aragosta also uses forged aluminum technology and forged cylinder. The Argosta is significantly lighter than the KW V3.

After owning both systems I can accurately say, while the KW is an amazing system, The Aragosta rebound clearly sets it apart. I wouldn't Classify one as the "better" system, as I stated before in my testings... Top Secret had an edge over the KW V3.

Aragosta isn't " also known as" Top Secret like stated in your subject line. Aragosta Topline makes many coilvers to competition specifications for Zele, Top Secret, Midori Seibi and many more.

Last edited by IPL 370GT; 04-12-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 PM
IPL 370GT

Should also be noted that GTLAW sent me 3 PM's asking for help with his *new KW v1 lowering dampers (not true coilovers)Was interested in my settings and ride height recommendations.

I honestly replied his questions to the best of my ability. Explained that every car is different and the driver has different needs. Shared with him my alignment story and explained how corner balance could help.

Just so everyone is clear on the KW line-up:

V1s are just height adjustable. These are for someone who just wants to lower their car and have a nice "out-of-the-box" setting in terms of ride quality.

V2s are height and damping adjustable. These are the more popular of the group. You can lower your car and adjust the damping to be soft or stiff depending on what you like or where you're driving (street or track).

V3s are height adjustable and have independent rebound and damping adjustablilty. There are lots of things you can tweak and for most people, you don't need it. These are more for people who split lots of time between the street and track and really want to dial in their car to their exact needs.

The V1s will be the least expensive but a couple hundred dollars separate each variant.

Just to reiterate... The KW V3 is an Awesome system! Absolutely nothing wrong with the V3. If I owned an M3 or C63 AMG I would run them without a doubt. I own a Japanese product and love rare, authentic JDM parts. As long as I own a Japanese car I will favor the JDM goodness.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 PM
IPL 370GT

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
You and IPL370GT should track it out. Winner gets the IPL badge.
Haha.. My IPL badge came already installed from the factory. GTLAW purchased his separately

Winning an IPL badge isn't that important to me. My focus now is building my stg 2 GTM turbo kit that has arrived. Hopefully this will put a grin on my face, until Nissan releases the Nismo GTR.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 PM
amt120

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
IPL 370GT your car is truly a work of art.
The following users liked this post:
IPL 370GT (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
This is quite possibly the stupidest thread I have ever seen on this forum. And I've been here a while and seen some amazingly stupid posts. If OP has had both the KWv3 and Top Secret's Aragosta coilovers on his car for direct comparison it might make sense. Barring that, its like me saying a Mclaren P1 is a pos compared to a Bugatti Veyron - pure uninformed conjecture.

Commencing

in 3, 2, 1...
The following 10 users liked this post by Black Betty:
amt120 (04-12-2013), blnewt (04-13-2013), datboiroy (04-13-2013), enshadow (04-13-2013), IPL 370GT (04-12-2013), jujubii (04-13-2013), Rad_Slinger (04-13-2013), rAiN (04-14-2013), Seraphix (04-13-2013), WPPJR30 (04-12-2013) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)