Swift Spring Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Boywdr

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Swift Spring Update

It has been a few months since i have installed the springs 2nd alignment i had done and this is the results (camber kit needed for the fronts at least)
Attached Thumbnails Swift Spring Update-photo.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Did you have a camber kit done for the rear?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Boywdr

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Did you have a camber kit done for the rear?
none i figure i just need to find a good kit for the front but idk what is good price for a front kit.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 PM
awais
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
You have got a bit of toe in the rear. A little bit of camber is fine, however toe is not good for tires.

Last edited by awais; 03-06-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts

I was hoping that by going with Swifts, we will be free and clear of these issues!

I'm still waiting to receive my B2Design spacers tomorrow and have them installed before I get my alignment done.
I hope that mine are all within spec and don't require any additional camber kit(s).
Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Boywdr
none i figure i just need to find a good kit for the front but idk what is good price for a front kit.
Assuming the X uses the same camber setup the RWD front set is about $325-350, rear toe kit about $30, rear arms about $150.
Got my F&R w/ toe from THMotorsports (vendor on this site) for about $520
a while back.

Agree about the toe being more of a concern. Even the front camber being out like it is shouldn't cause crazy wear compared to your rear toe where it is now. If you were to do one thing right now I'd get the rear toe kit if you can't swing the whole set right now.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Boywdr, take this for what it's worth.

If the Swift on an X drops an equal amount from OEM as does the Swift for RWD, then you should be able to get that toe in spec.

Reason i say that is when i had the BCs, the drop was equivalent to an Eibach drop, which itself is lower than Swift's drop. My alignment shop was able to get toe back in spec with camber hovering in the -1.9 to -2.2 range. Never experienced any type of odd tire wear. All OEM adjustments.

For the rears, especially, ask them to add more camber, that'll reduce the toe. Camber doesn't hurt, toe does.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Boywdr

Originally Posted by soundmike
Boywdr, take this for what it's worth.

If the Swift on an X drops an equal amount from OEM as does the Swift for RWD, then you should be able to get that toe in spec.

Reason i say that is when i had the BCs, the drop was equivalent to an Eibach drop, which itself is lower than Swift's drop. My alignment shop was able to get toe back in spec with camber hovering in the -1.9 to -2.2 range. Never experienced any type of odd tire wear. All OEM adjustments.

For the rears, especially, ask them to add more camber, that'll reduce the toe. Camber doesn't hurt, toe does.
you are 100 right i am going to find out how much more camber i am going to have to do to get it right and that should buy me some time to get a good deal on a full toe and camber kit.... did you have to get either with your BC's??
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
Interesting thread. Mike where did you take your sedan for alignment? Curious if I should go ahead and order the front camber arms now before I install the springs. You know me... I hate that crazy camber look and prefer an OEM/square set-up.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
did you have to get either with your BC's??
On an Eibach-like drop? The toe was within spec, camber could not be coaxed. I eventually got the alignment kits for peace of mind but the downside to having much less camber also translates into a little less corner handling. Give and take.

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Interesting thread. Mike where did you take your sedan for alignment? Curious if I should go ahead and order the front camber arms now before I install the springs. You know me... I hate that crazy camber look and prefer an OEM/square set-up.
I went to Firestone. Make sure you get the lifetime alignment before doing anything with the suspension. WARAT was denied it since he already has mods on. Looks like they changed their policies lately.

Btw, definitely get those arms if you already plan on getting it anyway. Sure beats having to jack up the car again to do work again on the fronts, when you're already there doing the spring/strut change.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
I went to Firestone. Make sure you get the lifetime alignment before doing anything with the suspension. WARAT was denied it since he already has mods on. Looks like they changed their policies lately.

Btw, definitely get those arms if you already plan on getting it anyway. Sure beats having to jack up the car again to do work again on the fronts, when you're already there doing the spring/strut change.
Thanks for the input. I noticed SPL doesn't offer camber arms for the G37. Do you know if the 350/370Z will work?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Abramite
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I wonder if the results are the same with the x coupe
Old 03-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Boywdr

well I had a great talk with a firestone manager last night and he asked my to bring it by his store (a different one) and will have one of this best workers look at it i am just trying to have them buy me some time to get my hands on a kit to i can get this out the way.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
well I had a great talk with a firestone manager last night and he asked my to bring it by his store (a different one) and will have one of this best workers look at it i am just trying to have them buy me some time to get my hands on a kit to i can get this out the way.
I wouldn't be surprised w/ the right tech doing the job they'd be able to get it in spec. Amazing how different an alignment can be going from shop to shop or even mechanic to mechanic within the same shop '
Good luck, it would sure be nice to use the $500 for something else.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:35 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
I hope it turns out for you.
Please let us know the end results.

I will be getting an alignment next week...got the spacers installed today.

Quick Reply: Swift Spring Update