BEWARE: AMR Engineering Custom Coilover System AWD / G37X

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Steveoh187
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
What's the latest on these? Seems like there should be at least one set already on an X for reviews?
I reached out to AMR Engineering on Monday May 13th regarding the status of the order I placed. Andy informed me that the parts for the coilovers are 65% complete at this point and out to the anodizers. That's as far as I know, I haven't really been on top of them about it since I understand there is a lot of R&D that goes into developing something like this. I'd say for anyone interested, best bet would be to contact AMR Engineering through they're website to get a quote and time frame of how long it would take to put together another set of these once the initial sets are completed (as far as I'm aware me and Emillion are the only two who have placed an order thus far).
Old 05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Emillion45

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
^^ You are more up to date than I! I've been waiting to hear back from him for an update but if he's busy with work then I can understand. Patience is necessary in something like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:29 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Sent an inquiry via the website a week ago and no response. I'll try again in another week. I'm just looking for a ballpark price with Swift springs.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:30 AM
AZNnite

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shiet....after 5 emails and 4 voicemails within 3 weeks, still no response. And im ready to order! Guess not now...
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Imagine if you had a problem with this system and you couldn't drive your car... Sigh.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Emillion45

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Imagine if you had a problem with this system and you couldn't drive your car... Sigh.
Do you even work on your own car?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:54 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Uh yes.

How would you "work" on a blown damper?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Emillion45

Seeing as how AMR has never had a blown damper....

Then again with your negativity.

Anything is possible.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:48 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Emillion45
Seeing as how AMR has never had a blown damper....

Then again with your negativity.

Anything is possible.
Hey, if it's taking this guy so long to reply to emails/voicemails... I've tried multiple times to try to contact him without any response, imagine if there was a problem. I'm not being negative here. I am being realistic, and I think everyone (but you) would agree.

I'm sure these are a great coilover system. I'm not doubting that one bit. However, if it's impossible to even get a quote, explain to me why I should put these on my car?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 AM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i am soooooooo glad i didn't go forward with this and place my deposit when i spoke to Andy. It's apparent he's making this kit for the first time, contrary to what he is telling us. and yes, the lack of communication can be a dealbreaker for something like a coilover system that IS being made for the first time. god forbid you run into issues with the kit, i wonder how long it would take to resolve ....
The following users liked this post:
TheLocNar (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Emillion45

You guys are acting like this is some big business with 30-40 people on staff.

It's a small business (5-6 people) that puts out incredibly high quality work. This creates high demand. They aren't just selling these in the US either. They are distributing internationally.

Andy deals with every single customer HIMSELF. There is no "customer service office". You deal with the owner.

A very tiny tiny fraction of you people can even imagine how stressful and overwhelming a business like this is to run. These people just want to get the work done and done the right way. All you care about is having it handed to you on a golden platter within x amount of time. Not caring if it is built properly, if something breaks? You want parts popped out like BC Racing? Then go order from them.

AMR will always have a lead time. Plan accordingly. If he can't get back to you then he knows the lead time is too far out.

My family business builds custom performance motorcycles, we have to turn people down all the time because we know that we can't complete a bike within a tolerable time. If you can't understand that. We don't want that kind of winey, b*****, kicking and screaming customer in the first place.

There will be plenty of patient people that are willing to wait. Those are the people who are appreciative of great work and quality parts.

Again. Only a very very very small fraction of you people will understand any of this. For those that do not? Don't continue post in this thread. Period.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I have a 7 week wait time but for quality like this, I have no complaints!
This was on the 7th of Feb., that might be what some of the fuss is about.
Believe me I understand how tough it can be making production runs w/ limited manpower. I used to make custom aquariums and it was always an uphill battle meeting time frames. Patience is a virtue, but I think going in people were led to believe things would be moving forward at a faster rate.
At any rate I'm sure the wait will be worth it, especially considering the limited options for the AWD guys.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Emillion45

7 weeks seemed like a really short time for me. I knew he had a month straight without springs form one of his suppliers and that is what really backed them up initially. But it's not like Andy is going to just NEVER go through with making these. He is in the business of making CUSTOM kits. That means no blueprint, nothing to go off of. He designs all of this stuff from scratch. Some of you guys just don't get it...

We have had bike builds span 2-3 years because we had multiple companies making 1 off custom motors, transmissions, suspensions for a couple of our bikes. When you want something nobody else has or hasn't been built to a certain degree of craftsmanship. You have to have patience.

You can't buy this from a catalog/website.

From here on out, please keep this forum on track. Seriously. We know there's a wait time and Andy is probably ears deep in projects.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
7 weeks seemed like a really short time for me. I knew he had a month straight without springs form one of his suppliers and that is what really backed them up initially. But it's not like Andy is going to just NEVER go through with making these. He is in the business of making CUSTOM kits. That means no blueprint, nothing to go off of. He designs all of this stuff from scratch. Some of you guys just don't get it...

We have had bike builds span 2-3 years because we had multiple companies making 1 off custom motors, transmissions, suspensions for a couple of our bikes. When you want something nobody else has or hasn't been built to a certain degree of craftsmanship. You have to have patience.

You can't buy this from a catalog/website.

From here on out, please keep this forum on track. Seriously. We know there's a wait time and Andy is probably ears deep in projects.
Sorry to stray off topic but that bike does deserve some mention, that's damn nice!
Ok, back on track now
The following users liked this post:
Emillion45 (06-25-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 07:05 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

You guys are acting like this is some big business with 30-40 people on staff.

It's a small business (5-6 people) that puts out incredibly high quality work. This creates high demand. They aren't just selling these in the US either. They are distributing internationally.

Andy deals with every single customer HIMSELF. There is no "customer service office". You deal with the owner.

A very tiny tiny fraction of you people can even imagine how stressful and overwhelming a business like this is to run. These people just want to get the work done and done the right way. All you care about is having it handed to you on a golden platter within x amount of time. Not caring if it is built properly, if something breaks? You want parts popped out like BC Racing? Then go order from them.

AMR will always have a lead time. Plan accordingly. If he can't get back to you then he knows the lead time is too far out.

My family business builds custom performance motorcycles, we have to turn people down all the time because we know that we can't complete a bike within a tolerable time. If you can't understand that. We don't want that kind of winey, b*****, kicking and screaming customer in the first place.

There will be plenty of patient people that are willing to wait. Those are the people who are appreciative of great work and quality parts.

Again. Only a very very very small fraction of you people will understand any of this. For those that do not? Don't continue post in this thread. Period.
Well, the owner never even got back to me with a quote... after I tried to contact him on more than one occasion. So it's not even about having to wait for a product. No ill will towards the company. But it's just not something I'm willing to deal with if I am going to potentially spend $1500+ dollars.

I know it's just a handful of guys in this company... and I know they have products for other cars as well. It looks like a great system, but I ended up just going with Swift springs. Not comparable, but it was a good $300 spent.

Quick Reply: BEWARE: AMR Engineering Custom Coilover System AWD / G37X