Master Cylinder Click

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:17 PM
TheAmazingNik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Master Cylinder Click

Since I put the BBK on, I have the stock master cylinder obviously and am running stainless lines from the hard lines in the fender lining straight into the caliper, the junctions were eliminated as they serve no purpose after the hard lines. For about a week everything is okay but when I apply the brakes now there is a clicking noise upon pressure on the pedal and lifting off- at lower speeds the sound seems to be coming from the master cylinder. I am sure it happens at higher speeds but can't hear it. The order from the master and what it contains is DOT4 super blue, master cylinder/ hard line/ stainless/ caliper...any help?

This happens when I am not moving either, so it's the master cylinder that much has been established. I had a technician look and he says it's the flex from the lines coming up into the cylinder due to the lack of flex in the lines. Any input or experiences would be great to hear of. Thank you

Sorry for repost but it's kind of important to know if other have experienced this...
Old 07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
I doubt this has anything to do with flex in the lines. Have you ruled out the possibility of air in the lines? It's also not uncommon for the brake booster to go bad and make weird noises - try replicating the sound with the engine off - if the noise goes away after the vacuum is used up, it might be the booster.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:50 AM
TheAmazingNik

We fixed it the top bolt on the caliper was loose and the U bolt holding the line where the stainless and hardline meet was absent so those combined made it stop...so it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Silly errors, easy solutions.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Super blue has had some history of causing audible binding in master cylinders due to the blue dye. I personally haven't experienced this in other cars but have heard about it through others more than once. Try a full bleed with another quality fluid.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 AM
TheAmazingNik

Well if there are any more problems, I will blame the blue haha thank you for the help!