Swift Springs: Weird Drop - Front vs Rear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
beattyG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you use spacers, post some pics. I have been wanting to drop a little, mainly due to the front, but don't want the back much lower.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:00 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Her's mine with a 1.3" drop front and rear. Similar to yours. Measure the height at the wheel arches, youll see its an illusion!

IMG_0159.jpg?t=1330813085

Here it is with SWIFT springs, no shaved upper mount.

IMG_0420.jpg?t=1349049694

Last edited by TVPostSound; 09-30-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Gspinin
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just installed mine the other day - the drop is PERFECT! did extensive research on all available springs setup for the G and I found the Swift springs to be the ONE. Ride is perfect, actually felt more comfortable than stock springs. the 25mm & 20mm spacers I put on give it a nice look as well + the rear camber kit and alignment to top it all off!

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest"

peep the video ...

Old 09-26-2012, 06:55 PM
nateG

Where would you guys suggest getting the rubber insert for the rear spring buckets?
Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i wouldnt recommend sliding in rubber inserts. it flat out sounds dangerous and adds extra stress (though probably negligible compared to the supposed tolerance of the spring) to the spring. what i mean to say is that, the springs were designed the way they are for a reason, making such modifications introduces extra factors that may allow the cars suspension to act in a more inconsistent manner.

what i do recommend (dont know why i forgot to respond to this thread) in order of preference is 1. get coils || 2. get new tires || 3. get new rims.
1. for its adjustability
2. the math already proves the gap is expected. consider the sizes... front=245*.35*2+25.4*20=679.5 rear=275*.3*2+25.4*20=673. this shows that the wheel setup itself is already 6-7mm higher in the front. even though this is not exactly the height from middle of fender to ground it's correlated in the way that springs w/ shocks are meant to hold it's stretch/compression consistently given an stationary environment. you can say the it drops 1.5in in the front and 1in the back but you should also consider the weight distribution between all 4 corners which isnt always the same. this is also a factor for whats happening here.
3. holds with 2.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
nseriessaga

I would just customize the setup and get a new set of front springs that lowers the front more. Maybe h&r? I'm sure there are alternatives that lower the front just a tad more than the eibachs.. the rear looks great, and the front looks like it needs to be lowered a bit more.. rather than the rear having to be raised. I did a similar thing as far as using 2 diff sets of springs. Eibach in front and coupe S springs in the rear because mine is a vert. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out, and the ride quality is fantastic. I was a tad worried at first because stiffness varies from spring to spring i would assume, but its worked out great. I would take this route before taking the spacer route just because of what the other posters have mentioned about rubber spacers.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:20 AM
blackvr4tt

Originally Posted by Gspinin
just installed mine the other day - the drop is PERFECT! did extensive research on all available springs setup for the G and I found the Swift springs to be the ONE. Ride is perfect, actually felt more comfortable than stock springs. the 25mm & 20mm spacers I put on give it a nice look as well + the rear camber kit and alignment to top it all off!

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest"
I'm looking to buy Swift Springs for my 08 Coupe S, who sells them for the best price?? ..... or if anyone knows of a good used set, let me know!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:10 PM
usarmyttt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You know I noticed the same thing with my Swifts...I even thought about putting the stock springs back in the rear (the rear was not to bad stock) but just decided to leave it. I like the rubber spacer idea and it would only need to be approx. 3/8 to 1/2 in. to make it look better. I wonder where you could find the right material to use at? Any idea's? I personally do not think that would throw things out of whack but I am all ears here too. The other thing is I did not add camber kits and the alignment guy could not get only one of the wheels into specs...barely out, so I wonder if I out the stock springs on would they be able to align it into specs. Speaking of this, I was at the dealer last week and they were commenting on how they liked the looks and I brought up the alignment and the service mgr told me that they have have major problems getting these things into specs on a stock car. They have called Infiniti many times over it and he said they are aware it is and issue but have no explanations...isn't that weird??????
Old 09-27-2012, 11:26 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by usarmyttt
You know I noticed the same thing with my Swifts...I even thought about putting the stock springs back in the rear (the rear was not to bad stock) but just decided to leave it. I like the rubber spacer idea and it would only need to be approx. 3/8 to 1/2 in. to make it look better. I wonder where you could find the right material to use at? Any idea's? I personally do not think that would throw things out of whack but I am all ears here too. The other thing is I did not add camber kits and the alignment guy could not get only one of the wheels into specs...barely out, so I wonder if I out the stock springs on would they be able to align it into specs. Speaking of this, I was at the dealer last week and they were commenting on how they liked the looks and I brought up the alignment and the service mgr told me that they have have major problems getting these things into specs on a stock car. They have called Infiniti many times over it and he said they are aware it is and issue but have no explanations...isn't that weird??????
kind of hard to understand your post. but from what i can gather, it's not weird that you cant get it back into specs without a camber kit.
true, the rubber might not have and adverse effect on the health of the spring but im sure it will impact the handling. rubber is pliable/moldable; considering the consistency of rubber is rarely tested, you cant assume that the rubber piece will be uniformally moldable throughout. this will cause the springs to rebound in ways that are unpredictable (and probably not R&Ded by Swift) and probably hazardous to handling. If you are willing to sacrifice this peace of mind for cheap looks by all means. I do not intend to start a flame war; I'm merely here to help you guys out and share my knowledge. in the end, it's your car (and life); do what you want.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Gspinin
Registered Member

it's an illusion...I thought the same when I put on my swift springs at first. it's been two months and everything has settled perfectly. I also put on spacers(25-20mm), SPC adjustable camber and toe kit in the rear, got an alignment and was able to get specs close to stock. everything is PERFECT, but i would suggest getting front camber arms. I have yet to do that and now my car pulls very slightly to the left. nothing major but I pay close attention to every detail of my car, so I notice it.

PS...like jujubii stated, please dont put rubber spacers...that will royally F*** up the awesome handling your G already has. best thing to do is switch and try other brands...my 2cents..