Help Broke front SPC kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
VA_55

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GET_SOME
that is exagerated for 2k-3k ive ran cars with -4 camber settings and as long as toe was fine i could get 12-15k out of em without flipping
+1 toe should be close to zero
Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Nashville G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mattster
^^^holy fuark!
Fuark!(zyzz voice) indeed haha
Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
+100
the spc kit we use was originally made for the g35. they did not even bother making another one for the g37. sucks cause Im lowered and had no other option besides spc for the front, going a lil fast over dips causes the a arm to come whack against my car body in the wheel well.

lets hope spl eventually comes out with a proper fitting good quality kit
SPC did make a kit specific for G37, but it hit to a greater degree. there is a thread on here that pertains to it.

yup, i removed my SPC A-arm the day after it hit, and raised my car a little.

+1 on someone creating a better solution.

i think the failure here is more relevant than tire wear. imagine that part failing at speed.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread is making me think twice about getting the SPC front camber kit. Problems with bushings, noise, hitting top of fender, re-tightening every few weeks.. are these problems common or just happening to a few people?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Sounds like its an issue for people that are very low. I've had my spc front for 30k miles with no problems. Every once in a blue moon, when I hit a big pot hole, the camber arm hits the top of the fender. No real issue for me.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
SPC camber Kits comes with lifetime warranty. Give them a call and they will send out replacement part very quickly.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

I think its a bad design as well. The camber adjustment slider has no locking mechanism. Wouldn't you want that to be locked into a certain position with something more that just torque on one nut (that doesnt even have enough shoulder). Just a thought.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:30 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by joo030879
SPC camber Kits comes with lifetime warranty. Give them a call and they will send out replacement part very quickly.
Warranty claim might be useless cause you might not have a car or life after that part failing at speed.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 AM
XtatiC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joo030879
i didn't know that.. thank you. I'd still be interested in getting this replaced. Whether or not I decide to reinstall now.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by XtatiC
Something bad happened.
Pulling into my driveway this morning I heard an usual sound that came from my front driver side wheel well. (like loose metal rubbing). Jacked my car up and found that my upper control arm from my spc camber kit, snapped in half.

Not to mention that I've had to lift the car to tighten the front passenger one twice already because it comes loose

I had the kit installed at a local shop a little less than a year ago but I cant find the damn receipt.

Soooo, could someone tell me what my options are? Will spc cover it? Is it possible/safe to get it welded back together???? I have no idea lol

Thanks in advance
Where are the pictures??
Old 06-10-2012, 10:13 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by XtatiC
Something bad happened.

Not to mention that I've had to lift the car to tighten the front passenger one twice already because it comes loose

Thanks in advance
What came loose first? The pivot bolts or the balljoint upper nut, or the ball joint lower nut?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 AM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Here is some good news from SPC

Hello Brian,
Thanks for contacting SPC Performance.* I am concerned to hear the conversation you mentioned below.* Would you send me a link to the thread so I can review?
Anyone who is reporting “knocking when installed” needs to re-look at their install.* The knocking is likely caused by the control arm making contact with the inner fender well.* If a car is lowered enough and has soft enough springs there will be up travel contact with our arms (or any other including OE for that matter.)* We include Bump Stop Spacers part #67300 to make sure that the bump stop on the strut manages up-travel, not the control arm.* *If the arm is making contact with any other part of the chassis the arms have not been installed correctly.
You also mentioned broken arms. We have had one reported field incident (March of this year) that fits the description you mention below.* In review we found that the failure on the arms propagated from an up travel impact.* Our review documented significant contact with other chassis components.* This was most likely caused by an improper install by the installer.
As for your question regarding design change; We never want an arm failure, regardless of the cause.* We are in the process of updating our design to increase cross section of the observed failure point by 55%.* Also, we have moved to a higher grade steel.** As you can imagine, our manufacturing cost is going to be higher, but the results is an arm that will exceed any requirements and give us added safety factor.* The updated arm is expected to start to ship in August.
As always, all products available from Specialty Products Company should only be installed be persons who have the necessary skill, training and tools to do the job correctly and safely.* Incorrect installation can result in personal injury, vehicle damage and / or loss of vehicle control.
Best Regards, Ben
Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Gotta love CS like that.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Well I guess Ill wait on ordering my kit till August.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
Here is some good news from SPC

Hello Brian,
Thanks for contacting SPC Performance.* I am concerned to hear the conversation you mentioned below.* Would you send me a link to the thread so I can review?
Anyone who is reporting “knocking when installed” needs to re-look at their install.* The knocking is likely caused by the control arm making contact with the inner fender well.* If a car is lowered enough and has soft enough springs there will be up travel contact with our arms (or any other including OE for that matter.)* We include Bump Stop Spacers part #67300 to make sure that the bump stop on the strut manages up-travel, not the control arm.* *If the arm is making contact with any other part of the chassis the arms have not been installed
Best Regards, Ben
are the spacers the pink ones included with the kit? Where exactly n how do you install these? Anyone got instructions or pics?

Quick Reply: Help Broke front SPC kit