Review Stance Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
SkylineAWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stance Coilovers

Finally after getting finished with finals and having some free time I took my car into the shop to have my coilovers installed.

Install - Although the shop did everything for me I did get to stand around and watch everything. Everything went in as smooth as I was hoping, and had my Cusco tower brace put on after the new front coilovers were installed. When it came to the rears I had to do a little research to figure out where the tech should drill the hole. This website http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/pro...n-part-ii.html was very useful when it came to the information. The rears also went in smoothly after figuring out where to drill, and then there was quite a bit of time getting the height just right.

First Impression - I set the ride to fully stiff, which is 15 clicks from full soft, and then backed each corner off 6 clicks. So, it was set just slightly stiff from the mid-point. On the first drive I could tell the coilovers were slightly stiffer, but wasn't as harsh I would have thought.

On the highway I could hardly tell anything had been changed, which was nice. I did take a few hard corners with the new suspension and the car handled very flat and to me seems perfect.

I can tell the camber is off, and I need to get my camber kit installed and the car aligned. Hopefully that will come this week if I get time.

Overall I am very impressed with the suspension, and cannot wait to get a set of track wheels in to get a couple of SOLO events in this summer.

Now for some photos of the after....

Name:  photo7.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  70.2 KB

Name:  photo9.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  photo1-2.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  photo3-1.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  58.6 KB
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Car looks good. Have they settled yet? What are ymeasuring after the drop? Any rubbing issues?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Looks amazing! I would mount the turnbuckles diagonally however
Old 05-22-2012, 12:37 AM
SkylineAWD

Originally Posted by Mattster
Car looks good. Have they settled yet? What are ymeasuring after the drop? Any rubbing issues?
They have started to settle in, and car is feeling great. I haven't had any rubbing issues other than the splitter, lol.

I'm thinking once I get the alignment done though I may have to raise them up slightly, because I don't think it will clear the lip of the fender. We shall see.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:39 AM
SkylineAWD

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Looks amazing! I would mount the turnbuckles diagonally however
Thank you sir. Yeah, I thought about changing the turnbuckles. I might down the road.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Great choice, i miss mine
Old 06-03-2012, 04:16 PM
BlkG-37S

Mine are getting installed as we speak. Hopefully no issues when I pick it up. My only concern is making sure I get my alignment ASAP. I bought an SPC rear camber kit and will be taking it to get aligned right after, as I have new tires on.

Your car looks great! Well-Done my friend.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
Mine are getting installed as we speak. Hopefully no issues when I pick it up. My only concern is making sure I get my alignment ASAP. I bought an SPC rear camber kit and will be taking it to get aligned right after, as I have new tires on.

Your car looks great! Well-Done my friend.
You should wait a week before getting aligned to let the car settle.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Idk Casey. I got mine aligned right after my tanabe's were installed. My toe in was faurked though and I was getting new tires. Most places have a 30 day guarantee with their alighnments.

I took mine back 2 weeks after I had it done and said my steering wheel was off and it was pulling....even though it wasn't, and They realigned it for free.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:39 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by P Casey
Disagree P Casey. My toe is caved in and I just got new Potenza Sports on...no way do I want to risk destroying those. I'm raising my rear slightly and my car is currently getting the camber put on, then aligned.

Diego showed me pictures of his new tires after 2000 miles and his toe being off...and let's just say he needed new tires. Freaked me out, so I am now waiting to get everything aligned and adjusted just right.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Sounds good guys, I am just saying thats how I have always done it and many many people I know. In the end its up to yall.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
If you're getting your alignment right after the spring install, I would recheck the alignment again in a month. The reason for waiting two weeks is to allow the spring to settle. This will cause your car height to drop a bit more, which will mess up your alignment again.

If you align right away and do not recheck it, you are under the false assumption that your car is aligned. A few thousand miles later, you might find your tires worn out.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by Modme
If you're getting your alignment right after the spring install, I would recheck the alignment again in a month. The reason for waiting two weeks is to allow the spring to settle. This will cause your car height to drop a bit more, which will mess up your alignment again.

If you align right away and do not recheck it, you are under the false assumption that your car is aligned. A few thousand miles later, you might find your tires worn out.
Agreed Mod me. I got my toe within spec at the moment, but will be going back in about a month to get it done again once the spring settle.