Beware of Ichiba, it will literally break!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
BB

Lock this post up, theres a troll trying to cause panic.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
TV - I don't know where you found your info from but if you could post a source for what you are claiming, that would clear up this thread. I did a light google search but couldn't find any links between ichiba and SPC. You also have to remember that you can only make so many designs for a camber arm so you can't depend on looks alone. Please provide solid info.

To the OP's defense, I too have done research on camber arms before buying a set and found way too many Ichiba complaints and zero SPC/Eibach complaints.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
one way to find out is to call the spc headquarters and ask about it
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Adon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying to help people here and I get a troll coming in here calling me a troll and derailing the thread.
What's wrong with some people, I just don't understand sometimes...
and who are you to ask for this post to be locked up mr bigshot ?

Why is SPC even in the conversation here, because let's look at the facts.
SPC is an American company with a very good reputation in the VQ crowd, this is a fact and it's an established fact you can't dispute. Why even mention it in the same sentence as Ichiba.

And SO WHAT if I have the wrong camber arms in the picture, it's all the same company, comes from the same factory, made by the same machines with the same materials....
And you went and posted that all high and mighty as in "HAH BUSTED" like you busted me for lying or something, grow up dude you sound like a spoiled teenager

anyway I dont want this thread getting derailed any further so please just ignore this TV guy and continue on discussing
Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM
dtran2714
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I too have not been able to find a link to ichiba being made by spc. I've ended up buying spc due to the fact that I found a lot of complaint for ichiba when I did my research.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Adon
I'm trying to help people here and I get a troll coming in here calling me a troll and derailing the thread.
What's wrong with some people, I just don't understand sometimes...
and who are you to ask for this post to be locked up mr bigshot ?

Why is SPC even in the conversation here, because let's look at the facts.
SPC is an American company with a very good reputation in the VQ crowd, this is a fact and it's an established fact you can't dispute. Why even mention it in the same sentence as Ichiba.

And SO WHAT if I have the wrong camber arms in the picture, it's all the same company, comes from the same factory, made by the same machines with the same materials....
And you went and posted that all high and mighty as in "HAH BUSTED" like you busted me for lying or something, grow up dude you sound like a spoiled teenager

anyway I dont want this thread getting derailed any further so please just ignore this TV guy and continue on discussing
I did my research, and called SPC when shopping for control arms, they confirmed making these for Ichiba, and Eibach.
The ones you posted were another vendor that made them for Ichiba, and they were for G35s.

This is a G37 forum, we will never see these arms!!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Oh BTW you have the wrong arm in your pictures, these are the Ichiba arms for the G37, they are made by SPC.
The arms you illustrated are from an earlier vendor for G35s
Get your facts straight before running in here with your first post, sounding like chicken little.

These are SPC for G37:

dang son.

TV JUST TOLD YOU!.

honestly i agree with jeremy. suspension is no time to skimp on cost. you get what you pay for and you life is literally riding on your suspension. people really need to do their homework before making a purchase of such importance.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Adon
grow up dude you sound like a spoiled teenager
Glass houses!!!!

Sorry to , but I did raise 2 spoiled teenagers to adulthood!!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Well done sir. May I start clapping slowly so that everyone may join in?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Oki370GT

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Oh BTW you have the wrong arm in your pictures, these are the Ichiba arms for the G37, they are made by SPC.
The arms you illustrated are from an earlier vendor for G35s
Get your facts straight before running in here with your first post, sounding like chicken little.

These are SPC for G37:
Actually the ones in his picture are the rear arms and yes they do make the same ones for the G37. The ones in your picture are for the front.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Adon

Yea the point of the thread was to warn people about the company Ichiba and about how their products are not your typical cheaply made eBay quality stuff, and they have the potential for catastrophic failure.

I really don't know why a grown adult man with two grown kids would jump in troll up and derail the topic at hand, ESPECIALLY when the information provided is so important.

Anyway, thanks for reading guys and keep all this in mind for your own safety, I know they sell a lot of kits to the VQ crowd because almost every vendor carries their product, something has to be done.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:16 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
That's scary, i used to have those rear arms on my car. They used to make noise too.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:40 AM
dimsler
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like the V36 Front Upper Control Arm, and Rear Camber Arms are made by SPC for Ichiba.

The rest of there stuff is crap though.

Last edited by dimsler; 04-08-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 PM
SPCTravis

First off hello Everyone My name is Travis, I'm the electronic media guy for Specialty Products/SPC Performance. This thread came to my attention from another member. Thought having an official voice here would clear things up.

First: SPC DOES NOT produce arms for Ichiba. End of discussion. We DO private label our arms for Eibach.

Second: The person you called here, may have been confused as you would be surprised at the multitude of ways people try to pronounce Eibach, and they may have thought that's what you were calling about. (Ive heard Eee-Bach, echeebach, EEbak, you name it)

Third: As others have said, there have been "knock-offs" of some of our products the best way to know is to buy from an authorized seller, or feel free to call us at 800-525-6505 and we can confirm that it is a genuine SPC part. A big red flag is the Ebay marketplace. SPC does not sell on Ebay, and only a few of our authorized dealers sell on there as well, again feel free to give us a call and we can check out the listing.

SPC prides itself on our quality and customer service. If you have ever called us, you know there is no phone tree, a real person pics up the phone every time and is there to help, and more times than not you may even talk to me as I work the phones as well.

I hope that clears some info up, and please feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks for your support

Travis@SPC

800-525-6505 X4118
Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Travis, I was misinformed. So how does a company like Ichiba make an identical arm to yours? Without repercussions??

Quick Reply: Beware of Ichiba, it will literally break!