Hotchkis and Whiteline Sways

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 AM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Hotchkis and Whiteline Sways

Hey guys, im trying to decide between Hotchkis and Whiteline Sways...

From what it appears, Hotchkis is a bit popular here in the forum since its been out longer than most... Stiffer than Whiteline, but stiffer doesnt always mean its better... plus, Hotchkis is hollow inside...

Whiteline, from what I hear is the best sways in the market for our G's... a little more give than Hotchkis... and its solid inside and out...

im hesitant about Hotchkis since one of the guys here in Los Angeles was driving straight and on an uneven road, again going straight, and spun the rear out because there is no give from the Hotchkis sways... think this incident was odd... he was the only car in the freeway and nothing really happened besides the scare... dont want to put this incident on Hotchkis
though...

Help me decide between these sways... will order sways by the end of the week...
Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 AM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn

From what it appears, Hotchkis is a bit popular here in the forum since its been out longer than most... Stiffer than Whiteline, but stiffer doesnt always mean its better... plus, Hotchkis is hollow inside...

Whiteline, from what I hear is the best sways in the market for our G's... a little more give than Hotchkis... and its solid inside and out...

im hesitant about Hotchkis since one of the guys here in Los Angeles was driving straight and on an uneven road, again going straight, and spun the rear out because there is no give from the Hotchkis sways... think this incident was odd... he was the only car in the freeway and nothing really happened besides the scare... dont want to put this incident on Hotchkis
though...

Help me decide between these sways... will order sways by the end of the week...
Hollow or solid shouldn't really be an issue, as there's probably no way you're ever going to break one. Your endlink will give out before you break the swaybar IMO

The "spun out" part, that's questionable. I doubt anyone can blame the swaybars as the cause of that fiasco

That being said, I have the Hotchkis on the car for over 3 years with no problems, other than breaking the zerk fitting (which was my fault). The fact that you get the new bushings and brackets are the selling factor IMO
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Both are quality companies and you should be good with either one. Like with most other mods, you'll get all types of answers and opinions based off of what that person has. It's most likely that there haven't been any real side-by-side comparisons. You'll be happy with either one and if you decide to buy both and do a real comparison, definitely let us know...and post the other one up in classifieds....for me.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn

though...

This post sounds like you have already make up your mind.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
OP, how do you figure an anti sway bar factors into someone losing control of a car driving "in a straight line"? It doesn't. If a driver doesn't understand what it does, or the limitations of the car, or much more likely the limitations of his driving skill level, that is not an indictment of the product being inadequate. If it was causing massive oversteer, then it was probably set too stiff in the rear. Or said driver needs to keep VDC engaged on his car if he doesn't have the car control to keep the rear end behind him without it helping him. Or there was hooning involved that isn't being reported in the account you heard.

Either of those products you are considering are quality product and yo won't go wrong wit either one. Pick one. But not based on that fishy sounding account. It sounds to me like the same would have happened no matter what parts were on the car.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by san~man
Hollow or solid shouldn't really be an issue, as there's probably no way you're ever going to break one. Your endlink will give out before you break the swaybar IMO

The "spun out" part, that's questionable. I doubt anyone can blame the swaybars as the cause of that fiasco

That being said, I have the Hotchkis on the car for over 3 years with no problems, other than breaking the zerk fitting (which was my fault). The fact that you get the new bushings and brackets are the selling factor IMO
I figured that they wouldnt break on me... ive been hearing around that they are too stiff and that it doesnt have much give which can be dangerous... from what ive heard... i think i have great control on my car since i have usually always change up the suspension on all other vehicles ive owned... plus i go all out on my suspension mods... just wondering what some comments are on these two...

like i said, i dont want to blame Hotchkis on this incident... sounds a little fishy to me...

I know hotchkis is a good company, which is why im considering them for this mod...

thanks for your response
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
Both are quality companies and you should be good with either one. Like with most other mods, you'll get all types of answers and opinions based off of what that person has. It's most likely that there haven't been any real side-by-side comparisons. You'll be happy with either one and if you decide to buy both and do a real comparison, definitely let us know...and post the other one up in classifieds....for me.
Both are great companies indeed... that why im considering them on this one...

im kinda tempted to try both and see the differences between the two, if there is any... haha...

if i do, youll be the first on my list... lol
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice choices! I would love to hear some feedback on whiteline. I have used eibach and hotchkis sways. They are both very good although I like the hocthkis better with my current set up. I had the hotchkis sways with my flex and I loved it. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by P Casey
Nice choices! I would love to hear some feedback on whiteline. I have used eibach and hotchkis sways. They are both very good although I like the hocthkis better with my current set up. I had the hotchkis sways with my flex and I loved it. Good luck.
awesome... good to hear that Hotchkis with the Tein Flex set up was a good one... This is gonna make my decision even harder... thanks PCasey!!! jk...
Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
It just so happens that I will be installing Whiteline swaybar within the next couple of weeks. If you can hold out that long, I'll let you know what I think of them.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by soolman32
It just so happens that I will be installing Whiteline swaybar within the next couple of weeks. If you can hold out that long, I'll let you know what I think of them.
good choice bro... been on the phone with a few mad modders and i think i have decided on Whiteline myself... not many have gone the Whiteline Sway bars route either, but they are priced high for a reason... wanna try them out too!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Sena

had eibach
going for whiteline
should be here in a few weeks!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:17 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Post reviews when you've had some seat time with them.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 AM
dimsler
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I too had debated between whiteline and hotchkis, and although I really liked the fact that whiteline swaybars were solid pieces, I read that they are best complimented with there adjustable end links, which turned into an extra $180, and you need a pair of new bushings as well.

I checked my end links and they were like new, plus I liked the fact that you get those nice grease-able bushings for the hotchkis bars, although I had a really hard time finding silicone suspension grease for my grease gun.

Gave my business to hotchkis, even though they are hollow bars, they don't have welded ends like some of the other swaybar makers, I wont name names.

Last edited by dimsler; 03-30-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: spelling