g37xs coupe dropped!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
pette25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37xs coupe dropped!

does anyone out there have a g37xs coupe dropped ? im thinking about getting eibachs for my car i want a nice conservative drop but want some advice on the drop the eibachs give as well as ride quality. if anyone has any pics i would appreiate it !
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Search the threads, there are many pics and info on here. As I was in the same position as you are. IMO swift springs are great mild drop and may not need camber kits, I know with iebach you'll need them.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Plus for the above, Eibachs will need a camber kit, My camber is going to tomorrow.. Ride is good, But I scrap under the car in some places, Unless I pull in Sideways.. :/ But Boston roads SUX. . ... .. .
Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
pette25

i tried searching cant come up with a pic for a g37xs dropped with stock rims..
please post pics, i didnt know i would need a camber kit how much is that
Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 PM
darryl865
SoCal Driven

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
depends what youre looking for and where youre located. im in socal and was previously dropped on eibachs. i had no problems getting in and out of places and had no need for a camber kit either. eibach is a conservative drop. depends on how your roads are. would you be looking at a front and rear camber kit or rear only? pm some vendors on here for pricing on a camber kit. the cheapest i was able to find was 500 for both front and rear. you can also try searching the "for sale" marketplace.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Samurai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pette25
does anyone out there have a g37xs coupe dropped ? im thinking about getting eibachs for my car i want a nice conservative drop but want some advice on the drop the eibachs give as well as ride quality. if anyone has any pics i would appreiate it !
I have the X coupe and I lowered my car on Eibachs last Summer. Ride quality is a little stiffer but is very close to stock. IMO the ride quality is better and as far as clearance getting out of places I have had no problem going over speed bumps or getting out of my drive way. Here are some before and after pics

Before:

After:

I'll be switching over to BC racing coil overs this summer when I get my rims. Honestly if you are going to lower your car get coil overs. Even though they are more expensive, most people who buy springs end up getting coil overs anyway. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 PM
mindawg

Originally Posted by Samurai
I'll be switching over to BC racing coil overs this summer when I get my rims. Honestly if you are going to lower your car get coil overs. Even though they are more expensive, most people who buy springs end up getting coil overs anyway. Good luck with your decision.
I got 2012 g37x last night looks identical to yours also in IL. Staying with stock rims?
Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Looks a little tucked, any plans for spacers?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 AM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the X coupe and I lowered my car on Eibachs last Summer. Ride quality is a little stiffer but is very close to stock. IMO the ride quality is better and as far as clearance getting out of places I have had no problem going over speed bumps or getting out of my drive way. Here are some before and after pics

Before:

I still can't believe the X is that lifted from the factory. How do they expect us to drive that SUV??
Old 03-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts

My X dropped on Eibach, with spacers and stock 18's
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Samurai

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
Looks a little tucked, any plans for spacers?
These pictures are from the summer I already have H&R 20mm DRM Spacers all around.

Originally Posted by mindawg
I got 2012 g37x last night looks identical to yours also in IL. Staying with stock rims?
Nice, where are you located? No, going to switch over to BC racing coil overs and then get rims in July.

Originally Posted by OB G
I still can't believe the X is that lifted from the factory. How do they expect us to drive that SUV??
Lol I know what you mean man. I could fit my whole fist in my front wheel well lmao. Definitely the first mod any G owner must do is lower their car haha
Old 03-11-2012, 04:33 PM
mindawg

Nice, where are you located? No, going to switch over to BC racing coil overs and then get rims in July.
I'm in Shorewood area. Still have 20" black rims from my m45x...wonder if they will fit. Have to check. Its still on my trade in, but dealer will give them back since I have stock rims.
Anyways...thinking about coilovers(heard some other NEW coilovers should be coming out. better than BC) and some nice rims if those dont fit. Body kit as well. Cant do too much since its lease and will have to make it stock in 38months

Sorry to hijack thread OP
Old 03-11-2012, 05:01 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Plus for the above, Eibachs will need a camber kit, My camber is going to tomorrow.. Ride is good, But I scrap under the car in some places, Unless I pull in Sideways.. :/ But Boston roads SUX. . ... .. .
How are you scrapping with eibachs? You must be driving over huge rocks or something. The drop is not even that low, when compare to s-techs n H&R's those two slam the car a lot.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Samurai

Originally Posted by mindawg
I'm in Shorewood area. Still have 20" black rims from my m45x...wonder if they will fit. Have to check. Its still on my trade in, but dealer will give them back since I have stock rims.
Anyways...thinking about coilovers(heard some other NEW coilovers should be coming out. better than BC) and some nice rims if those dont fit. Body kit as well. Cant do too much since its lease and will have to make it stock in 38months

Sorry to hijack thread OP
I haven't heard anything about production for new coil overs for the X. What company? My car is on a lease too. Right now I ordered Fast Intention CBE and RHFC and waiting for my second bumper to get here so I can mold my TSP-Lip. Big plans for the summer
Old 03-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Samurai

Originally Posted by BooSa37
How are you scrapping with eibachs? You must be driving over huge rocks or something. The drop is not even that low, when compare to s-techs n H&R's those two slam the car a lot.
Lol seriously. The only time I scrapped with Eibachs was when I first installed them at my buddy's garage and that was because his front driveway is on a hill with a huge curb lol. Other then that I've been able to clear pretty much everything lol.

Last edited by Samurai; 03-13-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: g37xs coupe dropped!