What the hell brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 AM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you want grabby sensitive brakes, install some Teflon brake lines and a more aggressive pad with some bite. Be sure to bleed and replace fluid about every year or so and they'll be just like you described.
The first time i went to the track with my bike, i realized how much stock bike breaks suck on the track.
the first thing i did was install stainless steel lines with dot4 brake fluid and i can tell you just that alone = WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE.
after that i went and cleaned the pistons on the calipers with some simple green, cleaned my rotors, etc and it was a world of a difference.
you can do that, and better pads, and you will see a huge difference.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by AllentownG37
I used to drive a Jeep a few years back. I know what you mean! I also found the accelerator pedal to be extremely stiff, like worst car I have driven stiff. Same hold true for newer Jeeps?

No on my 2006 TJ and my 2010 Unlimited JK the gas peddles are ok.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:38 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ImStricken
The first time i went to the track with my bike, i realized how much stock bike breaks suck on the track.
the first thing i did was install stainless steel lines with dot4 brake fluid and i can tell you just that alone = WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE.
after that i went and cleaned the pistons on the calipers with some simple green, cleaned my rotors, etc and it was a world of a difference.
you can do that, and better pads, and you will see a huge difference.
Yep when I used to track bikes I changed the fluid to dot4 and changed the pads to EBC's and it was night and day. I had a triumph and those came with SS lines stock so at least I didn't have to do that.

To the other guy about bleeding bike brakes yes what a pain in the ***! Never empty the system, just flush it. You say you hardly use the rear brake. I NEVER used mine other than to make small corrections mid corner. Rear brakes are just about useless on a sportbike.