SPC camber kit owners...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:48 AM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation SPC camber kit owners...

Alright, it appeared and felt as if i had the front camber kit installed incorrectly so I took my car to LOU from AMPLIFIED MOTORSPORT and got it on the lift. He said that it was all done CORRECTLY!!! (he knows the G well, inside and out)

Back to SPC, whenever there is a big bump, the arm hits the bottom of the fender. Im 26 inches from the ground to fender as well. So i am thinking in getting some negative camber back in so that i can help with some clearance. Will try going from -0.5 to -1.2 on the fronts to help and allow for clearance.

Called Eibach and they said it was the correct kit. Eibach and SPC as we all know, is the same kit.

I have PM some SPC kit owners and they too have this issue as well. ISSUE WITH THE FRONT AND REVISED KIT...

So we can maybe use this thread to help those, like myself, get through this issue by mentioning the following....

1. how low you are from the ground to the fender
2. what degree of camber you are currently on
3. does #1 and #2 allow for enough clearance so that the camber arm does not hit the fender.
4. What suspension are u on (might help as well)

This can help those make adjustment for the most camber near specs at a specific height without striking the fender. I couldnt find anything that specific to help get as most camber to spec as possible without hitting the fender. I will start doing little changes to the camber then height changes to eventually get enough clearance.

Hope we get something started that is exremely important for our G's. Ill start.......

1. raised to 26 inches from the ground to fender
2. alignment brought me to -0.6 degree for camber
3. at these specs, im still hitting the fender
4. on tein flex

I hope all SPC owners shine in and give their input!!!

frty9rsfn
German

Last edited by frty9rsfn; 11-10-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive never head of the camber arm hitting the fender, you sure its not your wheels
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by Doggy
Ive never head of the camber arm hitting the fender, you sure its not your wheels
when the arm is brought back to specs, its pulled towards the fender to get the wheels closer to 0 degrees... when i hit a larger bump, the arm hits metal to metal underneath... not exactly th fender but i have markings from the metal to metal contact and u can also see it on the arm itself. u know exactly when it is metal on metal...

a few in this forum have said the same... ive even PM a few since i wasnt getting much advice on the issue...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 PM
frty9rsfn

The nut on the camber arm was moved all the way towards the fender to get as much positive camber as possible. So now im sitting at -0.6 camber in th fronts at 26 inches from the ground to fender. before the alignment, i wasnt hitting metal to metal. so moving the nut, which changes the camber, will help with clearance... im moving to -1.2 camber, still in specs, hope will help... Had to change my damping setting to the stiffest for now... hope this eliminates the arm contacting underneath. i should say the nut contacting, which is part of the arm...
Old 11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
my spc front camber arms hit the top part of the area above the tires if i go thru a dip in the road a bit too fast. if anyone knows how to correct this without raising the front up do post up.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:25 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Interesting. I thought the use of the revised arm (G35 arm) resolved all hitting issues. I have the SPC kit as well and am 26 7/8 from floor to fender apex. I dont think I ever hit.

BTW, I'm on Hipermax III's and a relatively stiff damper setting. it's probably not an issue for me cause Im not as low, but was considering lowering the front a little. Now reconsidering. haha.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by redrover23
Interesting. I thought the use of the revised arm (G35 arm) resolved all hitting issues. I have the SPC kit as well and am 26 7/8 from floor to fender apex. I dont think I ever hit.

BTW, I'm on Hipermax III's and a relatively stiff damper setting. it's probably not an issue for me cause Im not as low, but was considering lowering the front a little. Now reconsidering. haha.
The revised part is the g35 arm, smaller than the first initial arm they came out with for the g37. However, the arm still hits if going over a bump to fast.... the ball joint is about 1 inch higher than the stock arm... stock arm joint is flat at the top... SPC is taller...

I had the SPC arms installed on the weekend, drove it to work without anything hitting on monday. but after the alignment, ive hit a few times.

Im running on TEIN FLEX, i set my damping at its stiffest setting yesterday too...

26 7/8?? I might consider this since u seem not to hit... thanks for the post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
1. 25 1/2
2. h&r at low 2's
3. never heard anything of the sort
4. h&r and now Tein flex
Old 11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
^25.5?

I feel like I'm 4x4'n it.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by Presto
my spc front camber arms hit the top part of the area above the tires if i go thru a dip in the road a bit too fast. if anyone knows how to correct this without raising the front up do post up.
im going to try and see if i can figure it out without raising (im at 26 inch from the ground to fender)... but will have to sacrifice some camber... camber specs for the front on our G's is between -1.2 to 0.3... gonna take it to -1.2 so that, im hoping, there is enough to clear that nut at the top since only the edge touches... before SPC, my camber was at -2.3 and i wasnt touching at 26 inches... hope i dont have to push more negative camber past our specs....
Old 11-10-2011, 03:49 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by P Casey
1. 25 1/2
2. h&r at low 2's
3. never heard anything of the sort
4. h&r and now Tein flex
Are u serious, 25.5??? do u have the SPC front camber arms or on stock arms???
Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM
frty9rsfn

the guy that posted a great D.I.Y. for SPC front camber kit install on this forum had the same issue (he sold his car)... not sure he ever posted the issue... i had to PM him since people are following his D.I.Y....

i should mention that he was running -1.8 camber in the fronts at 25.5 inches on his stiffest setting as well... think he was on BC's... with that setting and specs, he would hit once in a while i was told, but rare...

Ok... so now we are getting somewhere and have some idea...
Old 11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn
Are u serious, 25.5??? do u have the SPC front camber arms or on stock arms???
Had both f and r. Stretched tires as well.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:47 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Another issue when banging SPC's hard for 3 years

My customer SPC's and lowered on KW V-3

26.25" from ground to fender
-1.5 SPC camber

Well good news is that Adjustable Ball Joint is strong enough for all the banging. However inner rubber bushings are not. I have taken several pictures to show you that inner rubber bushings (SPC Part # 60009414) joints will fail if constant tracking, pot holes, and banging were on going for three years. Pictures of result below.

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD. THIS IS NOT IN FAULT OF SPC. SPC MAKES HEAVY DUTY PARTS FOR ALL VEHICLE APPLICATION. HOWEVER DUE IN PART OUR CARS ARE LOWERED. PLUS FENDER NOT BEING DESIGNED FOR NEW HEIGHT SPECIFICATIONS. PRODUCE RESULTS LIKE THE ABOVE.

IMO FACT THAT OUTER ADJUSTABLE BALL JOINTS WHICH IS FIRST IN LINE TO GET MOST OF THE IMPACT. TO HAVE BEEN INTACT. WHICH IF UPON FAILURE OR UPON BECOMING LOOSE. WILL PRODUCE VERY VERY SERIOUS ACCIDENT. INNER RUBBER JOINTS EVEN WITH FAILURE, WILL NOT BE MAJOR SAFETY ISSUES. NOT THAT I RECOMMEND DRIVING WITH BROKEN INNER JOINTS. FOR THIS AND MANY OTHER REASONS I GIVE +100 TO SPC.

IN COSMETICS - PERFORMANCE. THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES. JUST LIKE PLASTIC SURGERY SOME OF US UNDER GO.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
frty9rsfn

why is pcasey not having this issue if he is even lower than some of us??? dont understand... i mean, im glad that he isnt, dont get me wrong, but this is really pissing me off!! i had -2.0 camber and running -1.5 or -1.8 isnt so far off, might as well not have bought the fronts...

Quick Reply: SPC camber kit owners...