SPC camber kit owners...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 05:39 PM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Had both f and r. Stretched tires as well.
u must not be pushing it or live on some straight and flat roads!!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn
why is pcasey not having this issue if he is even lower than some of us??? dont understand... i mean, im glad that he isnt, dont get me wrong, but this is really pissing me off!! i had -2.0 camber and running -1.5 or -1.8 isnt so far off, might as well not have bought the fronts...
Don't allow this issue get to you. What is your caster setting?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by JEBperformance
Don't allow this issue get to you. What is your caster setting?
im not sure, i dont think the alignment shop even knew the kit had that option... i was looking at the computer since the tech was showing me the numbers as he adjusted camber and toe... he said that we couldnt adjust caster... i didnt pay close attention to whether caster could be adjusted with it... as ive been doing research, i realized that u could with the kit at the joint...its on the default setting since it wasnt removed... i have set an appointment for tomorrow again for that... they are awesome and work with u with having to make adjustments... will a particular caster setting help with clearance???
Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by P Casey
1. 25 1/2
2. h&r at low 2's
3. never heard anything of the sort
4. h&r and now Tein flex
hey P Casey, since we have the same suspension, TEIN FLEX, it would be very helpful to know what your alignment specs are with the suspension since im having a hard time w clearance... ur lower then i am by half and inch... im changed and am at the stiffest setting right now, so i havent hit metal to metal today... have been cautious though... hope u can share this info...
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Yup I have the same issue , I'm at 25 1/2 up front and on slight bumps I'm smacking the top of fender and I took a look and see the dings/marks its leaving . Let me find my recent alignment specs ! I b bck
Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ok here we go! Current specs are

Left Front / Right Front

-1.4 Camber / -1.6 Camber

Caster / Caster

4.7 / 5.0

Toe / Toe

0.03 / 0.05

Total Toe / Steer ahead

0.08. -0.01
Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
25.6" to fender lip
-1.3 camber
No problem w/ arm hitting fender, hit a big road dip w/ right tire and felt like I hit the bump stops , but not a metal on metal sound. Felt under the fender for any signs of contact and felt none.
B&G S2 Springs (for 07-08 G35, drops a 1/2" more on 37s)
Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

im not sure, i dont think the alignment shop even knew the kit had that option... i was looking at the computer since the tech was showing me the numbers as he adjusted camber and toe... he said that we couldnt adjust caster... i didnt pay close attention to whether caster could be adjusted with it... as ive been doing research, i realized that u could with the kit at the joint...its on the default setting since it wasnt removed... i have set an appointment for tomorrow again for that... they are awesome and work with u with having to make adjustments... will a particular caster setting help with clearance???
Either +1 positive or -1 negative will tilt the Steering knuckle slightly. Giving more clearance.

Make sure to ask your current caster setting. Before doing any changes.

I strongly advise following performance shops.

Evasive Motorsports
or
Westend Alignment

Tell them JEB sent you, for further discount. I would not trust any other shops around Southern California.

Once we lower our cars. OEM setting which are per-programmed into alignment software does not work. So Data and Spec are crucial. These data are only kept @ Shops which specializes in dropped vehicles.

Alignment shops vast majority does not have understanding even on how suspension works. Mechanics are robots who perform whatever computer tells them to.

FYI Amplified does not perform alignment. Performing Installation VS Proper Setup and alignment should not mix.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
hey P Casey, since we have the same suspension, TEIN FLEX, it would be very helpful to know what your alignment specs are with the suspension since im having a hard time w clearance... ur lower then i am by half and inch... im changed and am at the stiffest setting right now, so i havent hit metal to metal today... have been cautious though... hope u can share this info...
I shouldnt have put Tein Flex, because I dont have front camber kit on now, plus I am riding on stock wheels. This was all with H&R. Dont keep my spec sheets.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:17 AM
frty9rsfn

Either +1 positive or -1 negative will tilt the Steering knuckle slightly. Giving more clearance.

Make sure to ask your current caster setting. Before doing any changes.

I strongly advise following performance shops.

Evasive Motorsports
or
Westend Alignment

Tell them JEB sent you, for further discount. I would not trust any other shops around Southern California.

Once we lower our cars. OEM setting which are per-programmed into alignment software does not work. So Data and Spec are crucial. These data are only kept @ Shops which specializes in dropped vehicles.

Alignment shops vast majority does not have understanding even on how suspension works. Mechanics are robots who perform whatever computer tells them to.

FYI Amplified does not perform alignment. Performing Installation VS Proper Setup and alignment should not mix.
I have nothing to lose and will try one of these places out... will call tomorrow... should i be hitting btw??? money is not an issue, just wanna get this done right.

I know that AMPLIFIED have def worked with G's, and wanted to find out if the kit was installed correctly... yup, ur right, it is all computer based...

Which of these two shops is better btw???
Old 11-11-2011, 12:24 AM
redrover23
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
What are the guidelines for setting caster with the SPC kit? I left mine at 0 degress...no hitting.

But I want to go ~0.25 " lower.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Yup I have the same issue , I'm at 25 1/2 up front and on slight bumps I'm smacking the top of fender and I took a look and see the dings/marks its leaving .
Quite a few of us are running like this then huh...

like ur ride btw!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

I have nothing to lose and will try one of these places out... will call tomorrow... should i be hitting btw??? money is not an issue, just wanna get this done right.

I know that AMPLIFIED have def worked with G's, and wanted to find out if the kit was installed correctly... yup, ur right, it is all computer based...

Which of these two shops is better btw???
Even if you ordered wrong part number with SPC they will ship the correct one. One from G35. Because production on G37 Version were halted a week after. So only those who purchased SPC Camber Kits on or before February 2008 should run into problem. And all G37 Versions were replaced at no further cost from SPC.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 AM
frty9rsfn

Even if you ordered wrong part number with SPC they will ship the correct one. One from G35. Because production on G37 Version were halted a week after. So only those who purchased SPC Camber Kits on or before February 2008 should run into problem. And all G37 Versions were replaced at no further cost from SPC.
ok...Makes me feel better hearing this... got it a month ago but barely got it installed last weekend... called Eibach up and they said i had the correct kit... AMPLIFIED had one in stock too and compared it to the one i have installed, same kit... so i have verified correct part number...
Old 11-11-2011, 12:37 AM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by redrover23
What are the guidelines for setting caster with the SPC kit? I left mine at 0 degress...no hitting.

But I want to go ~0.25 " lower.
IMO our car has very light steering. With Negative caster the steering will be even lighter which in turn loose directional stability.

If you like the car as it is right now. I say just keep em the way it has been. Because when you mess with caster, you will also have to mess with camber. And later alignment as well.

But if you want stiffer steering and better directional stability. I say instead of caster change. Consider GTSPEC FSTB. For the fraction of cost to mess with your alignment.

Quick Reply: SPC camber kit owners...