G37 vert camber issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
amv50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 vert camber issues

Can anyone with a vert G37 lowered advise me of a rear camber kit that fits the convertible. Some people say the vert suspension is different some say it's not. I have the eibach pro kit springs and I went through a set of hankooks 20" tires in 15k miles I ordered a eibach/spc pro alignment kit from stillen and the car is at the alignment/suspension shop and the mechanic is saying it's the wrong kit. Can anyone with experience shed some light. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
wilbcol

Front suspension is the same as the coupe. The rear is completely different and the coupe parts will not work. There is no rear camber kit available for the convertible so you have to have it set as close as possible and deal with tire wear.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:59 PM
amv50

Originally Posted by wilbcol
Front suspension is the same as the coupe. The rear is completely different and the coupe parts will not work. There is no rear camber kit available for the convertible so you have to have it set as close as possible and deal with tire wear.
Seems like you and I know more than stillen and eibach. I may go back to the factory rear springs. Since the eibach's keep bottoming out anyway. At least till they come out with a proper kit for the convertible. Do you think if I leave just the eibach pro kit front springs on and go back to the factory rear springs I'll be ok. It seems the eibach rear springs can't handle the extra weight of the convertible. Or maybe I should drink less beer! Thx
Old 11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
If you are concerned about the tire wear (valid concern) you can

1. Put the rear springs back on. Add a camber kit for the front with the eibch coupe springs.
2. Wait for a vert coil over system from BC racing. There is an on going thread for that. Then you can adjust your height to where you can be in spec.

With the eibach coupe springs it is really compressed (front nd back) and is an easy 2 inch drop.
H&R makes vert springs, but from what pic that was posted it is the same or more height drop than the eibach for the vert rears.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:35 PM
wilbcol

Third option until the BC coilovers are ready (no word yet on time frame) you could put stock coupe springs in the rear which will drop it about 3/4 of an inch from stock. That is about where I have my rear set with the prototype BC coilsovers.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
whatever happened with the BC coilovers?? did the interest die out that quickly??? I've been kinda MIA lately... haven't been following the forums much of late... but just curious...

but yes.. everything these fine gentleman have posted is true. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:37 PM
amv50

anyone want to swap my eibach rear pro-kit springs for their coupe rear springs?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:50 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by amv50
anyone want to swap my eibach rear pro-kit springs for their coupe rear springs?
Post in the classifieds and see. Add WTT, want to trade in the title. Oh wait. you'll need a just over 100 post count to do that.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cereal2k
If you are concerned about the tire wear (valid concern) you can

1. Put the rear springs back on. Add a camber kit for the front with the eibch coupe springs.
2. Wait for a vert coil over system from BC racing. There is an on going thread for that. Then you can adjust your height to where you can be in spec.

With the eibach coupe springs it is really compressed (front nd back) and is an easy 2 inch drop.
H&R makes vert springs, but from what pic that was posted it is the same or more height drop than the eibach for the vert rears.
Originally Posted by wilbcol
Third option until the BC coilovers are ready (no word yet on time frame) you could put stock coupe springs in the rear which will drop it about 3/4 of an inch from stock. That is about where I have my rear set with the prototype BC coilsovers.
4th option is to cut the exsiting Vert Springs to allow for the drop you are looking for.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Lake,an
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
FYI,BC has a coilover for the vert...
Old 07-27-2012, 07:14 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lake,an
FYI,BC has a coilover for the vert...
Are you sure about this ? When did they come out with them?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Lake,an
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnsVert
Are you sure about this ? When did they come out with them?
I called this week and was told that they would check with there R&D dept.The next day I received a email from R&D saying that the vert coilover was finished and could be ordered.I went ahead and purchased some KW3's.I have heard that the BC coilovers were a little stiff and this is for my wife's vert.I am going to install the coilovers tomorrow and will post my thoughts.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 AM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lake,an
I called this week and was told that they would check with there R&D dept.The next day I received a email from R&D saying that the vert coilover was finished and could be ordered.I went ahead and purchased some KW3's.I have heard that the BC coilovers were a little stiff and this is for my wife's vert.I am going to install the coilovers tomorrow and will post my thoughts.
This is great , thanks for the update.... Keep us posted with the kw3's
Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
nseriessaga

Wow I never realised the base coupe springs would drop the vert .75"
I have eibachs sitting waiting to be installed but now kinda worried the rewrite might sit too low with the added weight of the vert... I guess the sport coupe rear springs would do the trick as well for the vert rears..

I didn't seem to notice too much of a diff in the drop between the coupe and the vert rears wIth the same eIbachs pro kIt Installed. They both seem pretty similar In pIcs.. But running into this old post has made me 're-examine again.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:02 PM
37vert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've spent hours searching. Has anyone made a rear camber kit for the convertible yet?
Most retailers do not make the distinction between regular coupe and convertible. I am running the Eibach pro springs on my 2013 convertible. I assumed it was the same until reading this and doing more research.
I'm not concerned about the cost of more expensive camber kits (SPL Titanium), I just don't want to waste my time with something that doesn't fit.

Quick Reply: G37 vert camber issues