AirRex Digital suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:52 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by STOOF
This looks better than UAS.

UAS is just universal bags you put on coils or oem struts, so nothing is specific for the car.

At least this is designed to work on the car.

The car in the video goes up/down mad slow, prob 1/4" lines, 3/8" is perfect for a G.

That is what I am hearing by everyone I talk to. Its car specific, like oem quality.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:01 AM
firebert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody,

Found this thread while I was perusing the interweb this evening. I'm actually the guy who run AirREX USA =P. So I see there are many questions concerning our product. The main one I see is what is the difference between our product and a "bag over coil" from UAS.

Well firstly our product is a vehicle specific bolt-on setup so it installs as easy as a off-the-shelf coilover setup. UAS is well... universal. Meaning you have to build brackets, grind spring seats/perches, etc to make it fit.

Secondly we custom tailor the air spring (air bag) to each application to ensure it clears both the chassis and the wheels. This also means we can make the air spring smaller and retain the same amount of travel. The primary cause of air spring failure is that it rubs on something. (Although that is not a big problem on the G's.. you guys have huge wheel wells)

And finally we include the damper (shock absorber) which is custom valved for each vehicle + air spring combination. Because we provide the air suspension setup as one engineered unit it will ride and handle as nicely as a coilover setup. Slipping a universal air spring onto your stock strut or coilover unit is similar to slipping on a universal coil spring of unknown spring rate.

Don't believe me? Check out our Mini Cooper S race car.
2010/09/26 TAIWAN LTNS SPEC-R cup 1:01:480 1st - YouTube

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
I have only heard bad things about ride quality of any air suspension but I am incredibly interested in an air ride set up. Does anyone know if the ride quality has gotten better as we progress in engineering?
Excellent question! Air suspension have been around since the 60's. Back then AirLift Company supplied Nascar teams with it which soon became outlawed by giving competitors an unfair advantage. It became widely used in commercial trucking applications until present day because of its reliability and practicality for load equalizing. It wasn't until the 90's until it started seeing use in the passenger car industry again. Because of it's cost it's considered a "luxury item" and doesn't see wide use. But aftermarket soon picked up in the late 90's and early 2000's. Back then the technology were still considered "new" and there are not much industry support for it. It was mainly used in the Low Rider and Mini Truck scene (in fact UAS started out as a low rider suspension company) to replace messy hydraulic suspension systems. But sometimes in between companies like AirLift, Air Ride Technologies, and Accuair stepped up to modernize the technology. Big daisy chained valves units are replaced by compact manifolds. Switch boxes are replaced by digital ride height systems with presets. And we are all trying to show people that air suspension is not just a "show" item, it CAN perform when done right.

The place where air suspension evolved the most is the control systems. On OEM air suspension applications, ride height are constantly monitored and are not only adjusted when the load change but it is used to control body roll. An aftermarket company named Accuair Suspension does nothing but design these control systems. Their most recent evolution of the eLevel allow it to be semi-active. Meaning it samples ride height every couple of seconds and adjust automatically when load changes so that you retain the same fender gap (within 1/16 of an inch) at all times.

Well I guess I rambled on and on for long enough. Feel free to ask me any other questions if you want me to talk your ear off.

If you have a price inquiry send it directly to me on the website's contact's page. I'm not a vendor here so please don't PM me with price quote requests.

Wing@Memoryfab
AirREX USA

Also check out these links for more resources
AIRSOCIETY | Air Suspension Community Forum and Blog
All Videos | ridetech Tv
AccuAir - Air Suspension
Old 09-17-2011, 01:48 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by firebert
Hi everybody,

Found this thread while I was perusing the interweb this evening. I'm actually the guy who run AirREX USA =P. So I see there are many questions concerning our product. The main one I see is what is the difference between our product and a "bag over coil" from UAS.

Well firstly our product is a vehicle specific bolt-on setup so it installs as easy as a off-the-shelf coilover setup. UAS is well... universal. Meaning you have to build brackets, grind spring seats/perches, etc to make it fit.

Secondly we custom tailor the air spring (air bag) to each application to ensure it clears both the chassis and the wheels. This also means we can make the air spring smaller and retain the same amount of travel. The primary cause of air spring failure is that it rubs on something. (Although that is not a big problem on the G's.. you guys have huge wheel wells)

And finally we include the damper (shock absorber) which is custom valved for each vehicle + air spring combination. Because we provide the air suspension setup as one engineered unit it will ride and handle as nicely as a coilover setup. Slipping a universal air spring onto your stock strut or coilover unit is similar to slipping on a universal coil spring of unknown spring rate.

Don't believe me? Check out our Mini Cooper S race car.
2010/09/26 TAIWAN LTNS SPEC-R cup 1:01:480 1st - YouTube

Excellent question! Air suspension have been around since the 60's. Back then AirLift Company supplied Nascar teams with it which soon became outlawed by giving competitors an unfair advantage. It became widely used in commercial trucking applications until present day because of its reliability and practicality for load equalizing. It wasn't until the 90's until it started seeing use in the passenger car industry again. Because of it's cost it's considered a "luxury item" and doesn't see wide use. But aftermarket soon picked up in the late 90's and early 2000's. Back then the technology were still considered "new" and there are not much industry support for it. It was mainly used in the Low Rider and Mini Truck scene (in fact UAS started out as a low rider suspension company) to replace messy hydraulic suspension systems. But sometimes in between companies like AirLift, Air Ride Technologies, and Accuair stepped up to modernize the technology. Big daisy chained valves units are replaced by compact manifolds. Switch boxes are replaced by digital ride height systems with presets. And we are all trying to show people that air suspension is not just a "show" item, it CAN perform when done right.

The place where air suspension evolved the most is the control systems. On OEM air suspension applications, ride height are constantly monitored and are not only adjusted when the load change but it is used to control body roll. An aftermarket company named Accuair Suspension does nothing but design these control systems. Their most recent evolution of the eLevel allow it to be semi-active. Meaning it samples ride height every couple of seconds and adjust automatically when load changes so that you retain the same fender gap (within 1/16 of an inch) at all times.

Well I guess I rambled on and on for long enough. Feel free to ask me any other questions if you want me to talk your ear off.

If you have a price inquiry send it directly to me on the website's contact's page. I'm not a vendor here so please don't PM me with price quote requests.

Wing@Memoryfab
AirREX USA

Also check out these links for more resources
AIRSOCIETY | Air Suspension Community Forum and Blog
All Videos | ridetech Tv
AccuAir - Air Suspension

Great info!^^
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good thing about this is all the cali dealers are in sf bay area.. 20miles from where i live
Old 09-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Downat70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cost for a basic setup for my 2011 g37s?
thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

I am not a vendor, you need to do the research on ur own man