Alignment service for your new car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
alex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment service for your new car?

I bought my G37 in Feb 2010, currently have about 14,000 miles on her, stock tires are Good Year Eagle in P225/R55/17. Those are very noisy tires, compare to the Machelin Primacy tires I had on my old car.

I've been hearing some clicking noise from the tire at low speed (20-40mph city driving) with windows open, always thought some small piece of rock was stuck in the tire treads.

When I washed my car in the past sunday pm, I saw a screw in my rear right tire. I pulled it out, and the screw is as long as 2/3 of the diameter of the penny! What's more, that tire's tread wear looked like a 4-year-wear. The rear left tire wear looked ok though, at least in line with the two front tires.

I decided to buy two new tires to replace the rear two tires. Eventually picked Toyo and had alignment service done. The shop technician said it's a myth that people think everything is perfect on new cars.

Do you guys have Alignment service for your new cars?
stay cool!
alex
Old 07-19-2011, 04:21 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by alex
I bought my G37 in Feb 2010, currently have about 14,000 miles on her, stock tires are Good Year Eagle in P225/R55/17. Those are very noisy tires, compare to the Machelin Primacy tires I had on my old car.

I've been hearing some clicking noise from the tire at low speed (20-40mph city driving) with windows open, always thought some small piece of rock was stuck in the tire treads.

When I washed my car in the past sunday pm, I saw a screw in my rear right tire. I pulled it out, and the screw is as long as 2/3 of the diameter of the penny! What's more, that tire's tread wear looked like a 4-year-wear. The rear left tire wear looked ok though, at least in line with the two front tires.

I decided to buy two new tires to replace the rear two tires. Eventually picked Toyo and had alignment service done. The shop technician said it's a myth that people think everything is perfect on new cars.

Do you guys have Alignment service for your new cars?
stay cool!
alex
My car needed alignment at around 10K because it was pulling to the right a bit and the steering wheel was not centered. The first one should be free if your car is less than 1 year or 12K miles I think. I got it for free. For my other cars, I always do alignment after putting on new tires which is every 2 years unless there is something wrong.

Those stock RSAs are not good. Anything you replace will be better than them.