Daily driven (snow), springs or coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Simon_TheGreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily driven (snow), springs or coilovers?

For those of you that drive your G in the winter and had lowered your car, did you get springs or coilovers? Is it worth it to get coilovers for the height adjustment?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 PM
navecm
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not answering your question, but the way they salt the roads around here in New England I put mine away and drive a $1000 pickup truck.

If you have the option of having a winter beater I highly recommend it. This past winter I had friends vehicles get hit in parking lots, and people drive away, rocks and gravel get spit up and chip paint and crack windshields. Then of course you have people who drive awd vehicles that think they cant get stuck not taking into account that their cars ground clearance when driving over a snowbanks and get stuck anyway.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have bc racing coilovers, and lowered my car to elimate te wheel gap all around. there where days where it snowed ~30cm and i couldnt drive, other that its okay. Winter did take bit of a toll on my car. what you NEED if your gonna drive in the winter: 3m everywhere, i didnt do the front bumper, now its so chipped in gonna get a new one, and get new 3m on the rear quarter panels, winter chipped up those panels but i have 3m there now. And of course the hood and front fenders. I have no problem with the people hitting my car and driving away, thats a all year round problem for some, i just avoid the situation and am carful where i park. Not sure where you like navecm but in edmonton we got about 6 months of winter, and they are tough months, so more people are relativly good at winter driving.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:12 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
depending how bad your road conditions are I'd stay with springs...

ive seen plenty of people use coilovers and they have to keep replacing struts on them anyways.... depends where you live really
Old 04-27-2011, 03:36 AM
theaudir8fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
personally i think that no mater what you get, it will get damage either way, at least with coil-overs you can raise it to max in the winter month.
a friend of mine run tein super street pro on his C-class, and he keeps it very low year round, it does become a plow when it snows really badly, but it just takes a bit of careful driving, such as not going over speed quickly and angle your car a lot when getting in and out of the drive way.