I know guys...I know but Eibach or H&R or S-Techs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:01 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
What's your timeframe for coilovers? You say you think you will get them eventually, right? Suck it up for a few more weeks/months and do it right the first time...

Just my $.02...
^ I like this answer.. I been there, done that too.. Had Eibachs for a couple months, found it to be a little too bouncy for my liking, although sway bars helped stop this. Eventually I made the switch to coil overs just for stiffness and adjustably. If you plan on getting coils one day, why bother doing it twice. Don't be like us and waste time and money on springs if it's not what you want in the end.

There are plenty of people who are happy with Eibachs and I'm not bashing them at all. They ride great, little bouncy, mild drop, no camber kit needed... but at the end of the day and Eibach drop is better than no drop, especially for those who have no plans of ever buying coils.

S-Tech has an aggressive looking drop, looks great but camber kit is definitely needed to do it right and alighn back to spec. I don't see why you would wind up paying extra for H&Rs? They are all springs and cost about the same. Contests on finally getting the wheels to fit, what was the issue?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
^ I like this answer.. I been there, done that too.. Had Eibachs for a couple months, found it to be a little too bouncy for my liking, although sway bars helped stop this. Eventually I made the switch to coil overs just for stiffness and adjustably. If you plan on getting coils one day, why bother doing it twice. Don't be like us and waste time and money on springs if it's not what you want in the end.

There are plenty of people who are happy with Eibachs and I'm not bashing them at all. They ride great, little bouncy, mild drop, no camber kit needed... but at the end of the day and Eibach drop is better than no drop, especially for those who have no plans of ever buying coils.

S-Tech has an aggressive looking drop, looks great but camber kit is definitely needed to do it right and alighn back to spec. I don't see why you would wind up paying extra for H&Rs? They are all springs and cost about the same. Contests on finally getting the wheels to fit, what was the issue?
Yea. Right now my budget can't afford $800-900 coils unfortunately . Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with a forum member to pick up some Eibach's instead of paying the ticket of $250 for Eibach's If I had to pay $250 + install, I would TRY to save for some coils. Lol

As for my wheels, I had a thread up about it actually.

The powdercoater that beerme took the wheels to MIXED up the faces of the wheels, so now me and my dad have to remove the wheels, take off the faces, and switch them. The rears to the front and fronts to the rear; this will be annoyinggggggg......
Old 03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Yea. Right now my budget can't afford $800-900 coils unfortunately . Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with a forum member to pick up some Eibach's instead of paying the ticket of $250 for Eibach's If I had to pay $250 + install, I would TRY to save for some coils. Lol

The powdercoater that beerme took the wheels to MIXED up the faces of the wheels, so now me and my dad have to remove the wheels, take off the faces, and switch them. The rears to the front and fronts to the rear; this will be annoyinggggggg......
Ohh, so thats whats wrong with your wheels.

Wait.... so you're going to take your GT30's apart? Mind if you post a DIY on that?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by myk1013
Ohh, so thats whats wrong with your wheels.

Wait.... so you're going to take your GT30's apart? Mind if you post a DIY on that?
Sure.

Do you think in the long run like 2-3months it'll be bad that I took them apart? I'm going to call my shop I took them to and ask what they torque Volk GT-30's around.

I just need the proper allen wrench that fits the bolt to take them off. I borrowed my friends torque wrench, so I think I'll be good after.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Sure.

Do you think in the long run like 2-3months it'll be bad that I took them apart? I'm going to call my shop I took them to and ask what they torque Volk GT-30's around.

I just need the proper allen wrench that fits the bolt to take them off. I borrowed my friends torque wrench, so I think I'll be good after.
Alright, thanks.... I'm thinking of changing up the color of the lip/barrel on mine. The flat black paint of the Phantoms are chipping and peeling.

My friend took apart his GTF's, he said just use locktite after.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 PM
GraphiteG37S

That's why I was saying to just wait a couple month down the road to lower your car and save for coils... What's the rush to buy Eibachs anyway.. Just wait, save up and do it right the first time. I regret ever buying springs when coils are so much better, I won't do that again.

Sucks about the wheels but at least you have figured out what's wrong. Major f@ck up by the powder coat guy.

Sure.

I don't think you'll have problems.. Just find out the proper torque to put them back together. If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing a DIY for this from a guy who took apart his Volk GTC to removed the anodized finish from the barrel.. Search for that thread, it should help you.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:37 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
That's why I was saying to just wait a couple month down the road to lower your car and save for coils... What's the rush to buy Eibachs anyway.. Just wait, save up and do it right the first time. I regret ever buying springs when coils are so much better, I won't do that again.

Sucks about the wheels but at least you have figured out what's wrong. Major f@ck up by the powder coat guy.

I don't think you'll have problems.. Just find out the proper torque to put them back together. If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing a DIY for this from a guy who took apart his Volk GTC to removed the anodized finish from the barrel.. Search for that thread, it should help you.
Alright cool, sounds good. Thanks for the help, and if I sell my 18" wheels I'll buy coils
Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
buy coils and slam your car as low as ninjastatus's car. and run alot of neg camber. j/k save up fur coils man
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Pcasey
buy coils and slam your car as low as ninjastatus's car. and run alot of neg camber. j/k save up fur coils man
lol i knoooooo!! ima buy some eibachs at a decent price tho and then ill do some cosmetic mods and summer time, bam...coils
Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 AM
GraphiteG37S

lol i knoooooo!! ima buy some eibachs at a decent price tho and then ill do some cosmetic mods and summer time, bam...coils
Why bother with Eibachs then if you'll only have them until summer? Use that money else where.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:05 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If your looking for eibachs, I think I might be selling mine as I am on the verge of buying coils. Here is my ride with Eibach drop (currently):

Old 03-26-2011, 04:28 AM
GraphiteG37S

^ I like both those picture a lot Ant.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by wlmngtn
If your looking for eibachs, I think I might be selling mine as I am on the verge of buying coils. Here is my ride with Eibach drop (currently):

Gimme a deal including your headlights (which you never got bck to me)
Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Coil over kits are what? $1,500? You got a 40k car and can't swing $1,500?

Personally, I ain't doing a damn thing to my car until I own it, outright. (aside from the intake, which was 1/2 price )

If all goes according to plan... that'll take me about 12 more months.

Here's hoping the plan is solid...
Old 03-27-2011, 09:20 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
BTW - wlmngtn... your car looks fuggin sa-weeeeeeeeeeeet.

Quick Reply: I know guys...I know but Eibach or H&R or S-Techs?