damage from sway bars in the long run

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 08:47 PM
08g37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damage from sway bars in the long run

im planning on getting sway bars for 2010 infinti g37S coupe most likely eibachs unless someone would recommend anther company? anyway what im trying find out in the long run does this damage anything? i did alot of research here and some people were saying there hearing sounds coming from the suspension only after a year, what would have to replaced and what does it exactly damage if anything at all. for people who had them for awhile now (2-3 years) how are is your suspension holding up ??
Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hotchkis are the best IMO and there is no damage that will come from upgrading the sway bars
Old 03-19-2011, 09:37 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by 08g37
im planning on getting sway bars for 2010 infinti g37S coupe most likely eibachs unless someone would recommend anther company? anyway what im trying find out in the long run does this damage anything? i did alot of research here and some people were saying there hearing sounds coming from the suspension only after a year, what would have to replaced and what does it exactly damage if anything at all. for people who had them for awhile now (2-3 years) how are is your suspension holding up ??
Sounds are from bushings needing lube, Hotchkis are the best IMHO, they also have grease fittings!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:13 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Only damage will be your tires wearing quicker because you will want to take turns faster!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 PM
08g37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so you guys saying if i hear sounds i just gotta get the brushing lubed up? how are the hotchkis better?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:49 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 08g37
so you guys saying if i hear sounds i just gotta get the brushing lubed up? how are the hotchkis better?
Yes. And if you grease it when you first install them you won't have to regress them.

The hotchkis are better because they:

-come with grease/able to regrease much easier if necessary
-hotchkis is better constructed IMO
-hotchkis give a much better sport feel and less turn roll
Old 03-20-2011, 05:50 AM
JuicyG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no damage in the long run and all sways are pretty much the same just differ a little
Old 03-20-2011, 07:36 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This must be the first thread where everyone typed hotchkis correctly.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:16 AM
EmoPrairieDog

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I went with Hotchkis because they were more adjustable than others on the market and offered higher front tension. It is an impressive difference on the road... combine the sways with coilovers and your car will be on rails.

Ditto this:
Only damage will be your tires wearing quicker because you will want to take turns faster!
WHEN you get them I would recommend the middle setting for most general driving.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 AM
BABrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To OP: I have had eibach's for almost 7 months now with no issues. And when I was shopping for sways I went through the same stuff that you are going through. IMHO: Go with eibach's, because they come in red

I honestly do not know why or how folks on this thread determined Hotchkis are the best lol. Let us go through the comments..
1)-Hotchkis: come with grease/able to regrease much easier if necessary
-Eibach: Yea they do too.. with grease..regrease and all that.

2)-hotchkis is better constructed IMO
-Eibachs: hmm I don't know about this because I'm not so sure how some one "this forum" can determine this. Purely subjective. For my eyes eibachs had quality construction too, but again I can't vouch because I just do not know.

3)-hotchkis give a much better sport feel and less turn roll
-Eibach: Again subjective. If it's stiffness, yes hotchkis sways are a"tad" bit stiffer. But only a tad bit and IMHO extra stiffness may have an impact on ride quality. Besides almost all the folks who have hotchkis, keep the rears in the MIDDLE rating. so there you go..

4)-I went with Hotchkis because they were more adjustable
- INCORRECT: Hotchkis allows only the rear bar to be adjustable. Eibachs has BOTH front and rear adjustable

5) The clincher that helped me make my decision: Eibachs have a MILLION MILE warranty, while Hotchkis has 12 months warranty. This for me shows the confidence of the manufacturer on their product. And IMHO this shows which is better constructed

I don't want to get flamed on and I'm not trying to make this thread into a hotchkis vs eibach's one. But I thought I'll chime in with facts rather than opinions . To be honest, you can't go wrong with either one(again my subjective opinion) . However the fact that Eibachs allow front and rear adjustments as well as the million mile warranty sealed the deal for me.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Eibach and Hotchkis are both great sway bars. I believe ppl will always be biased and try to claim that whatever they own is the "best".

I just got my Hotchkis installed yesterday. OMG the difference in handling is night and day. I am kicking myself for waiting this long to get this mod done.

IMO go with either Hotchkis or Eibach.. but not Stillen. Can't go wrong with either!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hotchkis are two way front adjustable (the Awd version is atleast).
Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
fyi RWD version is not front adjustable.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
how is the understeer with the hotchkis? their fronts atleast on paper looks way to stiff.

for ones running eibach sways, does it get in the way of aftermarket exhausts?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:33 PM
EmoPrairieDog

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Touche' on the warranty I was not aware of that; definitely something I will keep in mind for future purchases.

I will retract my adjustable comment I just looked at the Stillen sways and they offer a (5 way front 21 to 48% stiffer) , and (3 way back 37-70% stiffer). (Not sure if that applies to AWD).

Quick Reply: damage from sway bars in the long run