Anyone in Pacific NW riding on lower suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in Pacific NW riding on lower suspension?

I have been looking into lowering my vert to improve the wheel gap and perhaps improve the ride quality a little. I am just wondering if there is anyone out here who happens to live around Seattle/Redmond or just somewhere in the pacific NW running Eibach or H&R or any type of lowered strings. I just wanted to see the stance in person to help determine how the stance looks.

If anyone is willing to share, Please PM me. Also, is there a G37 meet around this area coming up? Kinda new to G scene .

Thanks everyone.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:38 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by bembowe
I have been looking into lowering my vert to improve the wheel gap and perhaps improve the ride quality a little. I am just wondering if there is anyone out here who happens to live around Seattle/Redmond or just somewhere in the pacific NW running Eibach or H&R or any type of lowered strings. I just wanted to see the stance in person to help determine how the stance looks.

If anyone is willing to share, Please PM me. Also, is there a G37 meet around this area coming up? Kinda new to G scene .

Thanks everyone.
I'm not from the North West, so I hope you don't mind that I'm responding to your question...

First off, I say lower it...

Addressing the part of your question in bold... Ride quality is subjective, but I would be willing to bet that the majority of people would suggest that lowering will only inhibit ride quality, especially just doing the Eibach PK or H&R springs. A bit "rougher" ride will be the result of lowering with springs. Handling, on the other hand? I'm sure many would say it improves the handling characteristics of the car. If you are able, get a ride in a couple different lowered G's. Ask questions and see what you like, and more importantly, what you do not like. That way, you can base your decisions on your own experiences/opinions.

Just my $.02...
Old 02-27-2011, 05:24 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I'm not from the North West, so I hope you don't mind that I'm responding to your question...

First off, I say lower it...

Addressing the part of your question in bold... Ride quality is subjective, but I would be willing to bet that the majority of people would suggest that lowering will only inhibit ride quality, especially just doing the Eibach PK or H&R springs. A bit "rougher" ride will be the result of lowering with springs. Handling, on the other hand? I'm sure many would say it improves the handling characteristics of the car. If you are able, get a ride in a couple different lowered G's. Ask questions and see what you like, and more importantly, what you do not like. That way, you can base your decisions on your own experiences/opinions.

Just my $.02...
Lowering for sure.

I definitely don't mind you responding all. You was actually thinking about handling more over ride quality when I was first composing the message. I don't mind having a little bit of a rougher ride if it handle a tad better. Just as you said, I am also looking to experience riding on different lowered cars to see how each feels. That way I can atleast see what am comfortable with.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Seattleg37x

I'm lowered on eibachs. 2010 g37x coupe. Looks fantastic and haven't had problems with ground clearance. I have pics I can dig up if you pm me.

Derek
Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 AM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Seattleg37x
I'm lowered on eibachs. 2010 g37x coupe. Looks fantastic and haven't had problems with ground clearance. I have pics I can dig up if you pm me.

Derek
Cool thanks Derek, I will be PMing you in a sec. I got a chance to check out the H & R from a neighbor with g37x coupe so am courious to see how these look.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Ken
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattleg37x

Derek
What would you say is a safe drop in terms of inches living in Seattle (ie. speed bumps, roads with potholes, driveways)? I plan to get aftermarket suspension eventually.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Seattleg37x

Ken,

The eibachs only drop you an inch or two. I would not go any lower than that for seattle roads. As you know, the city is built on a bunch of hills. Steep grades are pretty common, plus parking lot curbs/speed bumps etc.

If I was any lower, I'd be sweating just driving around town. As it is now, I have no issues and the peace of mind is worth the extra inch or two I *could* go lower if I was insane like some of those LA G's. Kidding!

And bembowe I got your pm, and I sent you a shot of my ride.