Service Manager from Infiniti regarding Eibach Price info and price of labor.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Service Manager from Infiniti regarding Eibach Price info and price of labor.

I got this email from the service manager from a local Jersey Infiniti Dealer, what you guys think?

Thank you for contacting us, we normally do not get involved in installing aftermarket parts and accessories due to inconsistencies in fit, quality and reliability, and if we do we would charge based on time and material, most aftermarket installations require adjustments and or modifications for proper fit.
According to my information front spring replacement requires 1.5 hours of labor @ $110.00/hour plus any additional time required to insure proper installation, rear springs are 2.5 hours, an alignment may be required if the new springs alter the ride height of the vehicle.
Installing aftermarket parts may also alter the ride quality, effect tire wear and or longevity of suspension parts and may void the warranty of the previously mentioned parts.
If you request that we install the springs we will offer no warranty on the parts or labor of the installed parts or damage caused by altering the vehicle, the only coverage would be whatever is provided by the manufacturer or supplier of the aftermarket parts.
Please let me know if you are interested in having us do the installation.

Thank you,
Old 12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by marcelo19lp
I got this email from the service manager from a local Jersey Infiniti Dealer, what you guys think?

Thank you for contacting us, we normally do not get involved in installing aftermarket parts and accessories due to inconsistencies in fit, quality and reliability, and if we do we would charge based on time and material, most aftermarket installations require adjustments and or modifications for proper fit.
According to my information front spring replacement requires 1.5 hours of labor @ $110.00/hour plus any additional time required to insure proper installation, rear springs are 2.5 hours, an alignment may be required if the new springs alter the ride height of the vehicle.
Installing aftermarket parts may also alter the ride quality, effect tire wear and or longevity of suspension parts and may void the warranty of the previously mentioned parts.
If you request that we install the springs we will offer no warranty on the parts or labor of the installed parts or damage caused by altering the vehicle, the only coverage would be whatever is provided by the manufacturer or supplier of the aftermarket parts.
Please let me know if you are interested in having us do the installation.

Thank you,

Weird, Ericksen infiniti (edmonton, alberta) has an entire section on their website how they will instal aftermarket parts for you and will cover any damages associated with the LABOR. How can they say they dont warranty the labor... and if they kno what they are doing, it will NOT take them like 5 hours to do it.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:11 PM
beerme986

$550 for just install is crazy. I paid 500 for springs, install and alignment (good shop so no camber kits required)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Steveo47

Originally Posted by beerme986
$550 for just install is crazy. I paid 500 for springs, install and alignment (good shop so no camber kits required)
Theres no way that a good alignment shop can get your camber back to specs after you lower your car, the stock are not adjustable at all
Old 12-14-2010, 02:33 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
why would you get them installed at the stealership? i would go to any reputable local shop to get them installed for much cheaper.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
Theres no way that a good alignment shop can get your camber back to specs after you lower your car, the stock are not adjustable at all
I think you are wrong. Rear camber can be slightly adjusted from the factory and with a 1" or less drop can get back close to factory setting.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
To the OP, if anything do the rears yourself, they are SUPER easy and will NOT take 2.5 hours. The front are much more difficult as they require a spring compressor and removing the entire shock and spring combo.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Installing rear springs on the rear of this car takes no more than 30 minutes start to finish even for a retarded monkey. They don't even require a compressor. The fronts take longer and are more difficult than the rears. He's simply quoting the time his book says it takes (which is obviously wrong). Don't let them install your parts. That's too much. I install spings on G's regularly (did 2 sets last week). I charge around $225.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Steveo47

Originally Posted by Kidcane
I think you are wrong. Rear camber can be slightly adjusted from the factory and with a 1" or less drop can get back close to factory setting.
Well I know the fronts are defiebitly not adjustable.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:52 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Any shops u guys know of in NorthEastern Jersey?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 AM
beerme986

rears are adjustable. such a mild drop you can get it close to spec. if your in north jersey, might wanna check out new york as the car scene is bigger there. check out g35 nyc's forum.. probably find a place there
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just get someone off the forum to do it, then get an alignment.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:24 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Damn stealerships at it again!!! Lol. Find someone local. Or DIY...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:30 AM
EnviedG35

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
I installed my Eibachs in the rear myself. Literally took me 20 mins to do both sides with just car jack. I paid $60 to have the fronts installed since that requires more tools i just didnt have. They're crazy!! haha
Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 AM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marcelo19lp
Any shops u guys know of in NorthEastern Jersey?

This original posted by Ruckus12251985 in Northeast Section.
There are always people asking what shops are good. If you in north or central NJ I highly recomend JPC Auto. Great service and great prices. I get my normal maintainence, oil change etc done there. My eibach springs were installed there, then my tanabe coils. Also got my tires (falken fk452) through them, same day & good price, and they mount and balance them.

I just like they treat your car like its theirs. I call up and they tell me what time to come and I just pull right on the lift and get to watch the work being done.

I will be going back when I get my sways and gt spec braces.

Here is the info for them:
JPC Auto
1033 Garfield Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07304
call Chris (201)388-0029

If anyone wants I will ask for a list of common installs like cat back exhaust, hfc's/test pipes, camber kits, brake pads, rotors.
It was $175 for coils installed and adjusted to the height I wanted.

send a PM to Ruckus12251985 if u have any question.

Quick Reply: Service Manager from Infiniti regarding Eibach Price info and price of labor.