We should put out heads together and make coilovers cabin adjustable

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
We should put out heads together and make coilovers cabin adjustable

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it would be fairly simple? Four motors which can adjust to tightly grasp the adjusting *****. Wire the 4 motors to a switch which can turn the motor forward or backwards. And put the switch somewhere in the cabin. The only problem i forsee it how to properly hook up to the fuse box (im no electrical expert) and to find 4 motors which can operate on the 12v the fuses put out. Any input from out resident electricians?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:33 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
are you talking about edfc modules? they already exist.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 AM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | EDFC

I think that if you're spending the money to do it right on coilovers, they are a must...
Old 11-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Steveo47

haha i thought i had a good idea. Well even better if i dont have to put the effort in myself to figure it out. Thanks team!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Steveo47

Any of you with the EDFC, how easy is it to instal? the instrcutions make it look a bit complicated. Would it be compatible with Bc cailovers?

Last edited by Steveo47; 11-30-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

I want this as well need to do it right though. I think this is much better than air bags. I want to just lower the car when parked and ride normal the rest of the time.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:26 PM
G_rev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like this one better... active dampening system.

Tanabe USA Inc. - Tanabe Electric Active Suspension (TEAS)
Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | EDFC

I think that if you're spending the money to do it right on coilovers, they are a must...
Agreed. If these were available when I purchased coilovers, I would have gotten them.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by whiddles
I want this as well need to do it right though. I think this is much better than air bags. I want to just lower the car when parked and ride normal the rest of the time.
EDFC does not raise or lower the car. It just controls the dampning. Stiiff or soft.

Most coils are a little bit of a PITA but the BC's and K-sport have extenders so its really not that big of a deal.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

yeah true thanks. I could not see the site from work but now i can at home
Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Damping > dampening when it comes to coils.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:13 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I have Tein Flex Coilovers with EDFC... I have had bags before where adjusting the height of the car is as simple as pushing a button. This is not the same thing. The EDFC controls damping, not ride height. Although, with coilovers, ride height is adjustable, it takes just a bit more than the push a button.

With EDFC, there are 16 levels of adjustability (0 being the 'hardest' setting and 16 being the 'softest'). You control the damping of the front, as well as the damping of the rear. There are three presets. They act much like radio presets, in that you do not have to adjust the control every time you start up the car. You just push the setting for whatever you're feeling at that moment. And you can adjust on the fly, if so desired. Personally, I have one setting for a firm ride, or spirited driving on windy/country roads or something of that nature, one setting for highway driving - softer so I do not feel every bump, and one setting for "daily driving," a nice mix between the two (6 in the front, 10 in the rear is my personal preference).

I plan on writing a more in-depth review at some point in the near future, but I hope that answers a couple of your questions.

You can see my set-up here - the controller mounted in the ash tray. (It can still be closed to hide the unit.)

Old 11-30-2010, 10:22 PM
TheIvoryG

Learn something new everyday. I'll be honest...I always thought this adjusted ride height, not just stiffness. Obviously I've never had coils. Thanks fellas!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
oreoleo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The teas system from tanabe looks awesome. I wonder if it could work with my kw v3s
Old 12-01-2010, 05:03 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Totally agree with you. But like others, i need to be able to rise the car, not just the stiffness. This is the only obstacle for me before i am gonna get rims and lower the car(Roads are just way too uncompromising where i live). Steveo47, the only thing that i am waiting for to get right now, is something called the phantom cup kits. Check them out man. the only thing thats stopping me right now, is the fact that they won't sell it to people outside their club/state, until they have their patent made. And i am just waiting for that. I think thats the best thing for a coilover set-up.

Quick Reply: We should put out heads together and make coilovers cabin adjustable