stiffness setting for k-sport coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:39 AM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
stiffness setting for k-sport coilovers?

i have mine set to 12 click from full stiffness, and the ride is making me puke...

so thus of you with ksports, what settings you guys are at? i need to raise the rear again since its grinding like a bithc
Old 11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Ksport_Matt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, my name's Matt and I'm the Director of Marketing and Media at Ksport USA. I found this thread because of something called Google Alerts, and thought I'd try to help out with your issue. Mods/Admins- I'm not here to sell anything which is why I didn't sign up as a vendor. I'm on a lot of forums, simply to help out with Ksport products and general suspension/braking questions.

Did you install the coilovers or did you have someone do it? I'm not doubting your skill, but I like to start of by making sure that whoever installed the product is the one I'm talking to. 9 out of 10 times when people are having ride quality issues with our coilovers, it's due to installation problems.

I'm thinking that your ride height isn't set properly. A lot of people who are used to old school or lower-end coilovers will adjust ride height by sagging the spring. This limits the shocks travel, and not only damages the internals of the shock absorber but also causes a nasty ride. Ksport coilovers should be lowered via the adjustable lower mount. The springs should be snug, with no pre-load but no sag. With the wheel off the ground, you should be able to grab the spring and twist it around the shock body, but it shouldn't rattle or move up/down. There should be a set of numbers printed on your spring. The 3 digit number after the dash is the springs free-length. I believe on the G37 it should say 180. If you have a way to measure them, do so and make sure that your measurement matches that number (it's in millimeters).

Let me know what you find out. I'd like to help you figure out why your car is riding rough.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:19 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ksport_Matt
Hey, my name's Matt and I'm the Director of Marketing and Media at Ksport USA. I found this thread because of something called Google Alerts, and thought I'd try to help out with your issue. Mods/Admins- I'm not here to sell anything which is why I didn't sign up as a vendor. I'm on a lot of forums, simply to help out with Ksport products and general suspension/braking questions.

Did you install the coilovers or did you have someone do it? I'm not doubting your skill, but I like to start of by making sure that whoever installed the product is the one I'm talking to. 9 out of 10 times when people are having ride quality issues with our coilovers, it's due to installation problems.

I'm thinking that your ride height isn't set properly. A lot of people who are used to old school or lower-end coilovers will adjust ride height by sagging the spring. This limits the shocks travel, and not only damages the internals of the shock absorber but also causes a nasty ride. Ksport coilovers should be lowered via the adjustable lower mount. The springs should be snug, with no pre-load but no sag. With the wheel off the ground, you should be able to grab the spring and twist it around the shock body, but it shouldn't rattle or move up/down. There should be a set of numbers printed on your spring. The 3 digit number after the dash is the springs free-length. I believe on the G37 it should say 180. If you have a way to measure them, do so and make sure that your measurement matches that number (it's in millimeters).

Let me know what you find out. I'd like to help you figure out why your car is riding rough.

ill check them tomorrow
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
To the OP are you saying the ride is too stiff or too bouncy?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 AM
rAiN
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ksport_Matt

I'm thinking that your ride height isn't of numbers printed on your spring. The 3 digit number after the dash is the springs free-length. I believe on the G37 it should say 180. If you have a way to measure theset properly. A lot of people who are used to old school or lower-end coilovers will adjust ride height by sagging the spring. This limits the shocks travel, and not only damages the internals of the shock absorber but also causes a nasty ride. Ksport coilovers should be lowered via the adjustable lower mount. The springs should be snug, with no pre-load but no sag. With the wheel off the ground, you should be able to grab the spring and twist it around the shock body, but it shouldn't rattle or move up/down. There should be a set m, do so and make sure that your measurement matches that number (it's in millimeters).

spring was snug, not compressed by the perch, also i couldnt spin the springs when they were actually mounted on the car but was able to do so with just the unit by itself unmounted.