Drop on G37X Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:00 PM
gooberx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus were there any complications so far with the springs? Bottoming out incedent? Why didnt you go with coilovers? Also, did you have to deal with camber problems? You seem to have whatever I want on mine also.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Romulus1

Had not complications so far, its been almost a month. Rides great, handles great. Didnt wanna spend the money for coil overs at this point, not sure how long i'll be keeping this car, might be switching to an S soon. I dont believe the shop did anything special other than the install, ie. camber/caster/general alignment and it seems great to me. I love the stuff i got so far, HFC's and a tune are really all i got left to get, maybe a few more suspension upgrades. What else you looking for?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:49 PM
gooberx

That's good to hear. I did the research on the X models, but seemed to come up short of people modding X's. Also, there doesn't seem to be much parts matching the awd models. Want to add the coilovers or springs, intake and exhaust, and grounding kit. Then go from there.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Romulus1

Parts are limited for the X models sometimes, such as sway bars, no one makes a front sway for the X how ever I believe the front sway on the X is enormous anyway, how ever the rear is the smallest on the X and all the rear ones are interchangeable, just to name one part that's odd for X owners. Best to call a company before ordering a part and just flat out ask if it fits AWD models. Its what I've been doing. Good luck with it all! Hope you find all the stuff your lookin for
Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Aesirith

Originally Posted by Romulus1
Parts are limited for the X models sometimes, such as sway bars, no one makes a front sway for the X...
On that note, Hotchkis has a F+R sway bar set now for the 35/37X which looks pretty decent: Hotchkis Sway Bars Infiniti G35X
Old 12-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Aesirith

I'll be looking at coils probably late spring/early summer next year, hopefully there'll be more selection then.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Romulus1

Originally Posted by Aesirith
On that note, Hotchkis has a F+R sway bar set now for the 35/37X which looks pretty decent: Hotchkis Sway Bars Infiniti G35X
Really? Wow I feel like I was just lookin on their site less than a month ago with no luck, ill have to check those out, they have to be the first, right?? [HTML][/HTML] thanks for the info!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Aesirith

Really? Wow I feel like I was just lookin on their site less than a month ago with no luck, ill have to check those out, they have to be the first, right?? thanks for the info!
No prob. They just came out... not even 2 weeks ago.

There's a group buy going on in this thread if you're interested: https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...-hotchkis.html

Cheers!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Breitling65

this seems like a good place for me to chime in finally, i recently lowered my X coupe. I just did springs, i went with the Eibach pro kit and i have to say i love it. I can post a pic tomorrow of it. It ran about 575$ in total, parts and install at a shop by me. I think the kit gave the car a much nicer appearance and a better line. Ride quality is between 75% and 85% of stock with just the springs and theres definitely a noticeable difference in handling. I didn't plan on dropping a ton of money into my leased G either but i put the Lowering Kit, Invidia CBE and Stillen Gen 3's in all at once. It was like getting into a whole new car but i love the drop and i would recommend the eibach springs to anyone just looking for a little something to change up the appearance/performance of the car
Could you post some shots? price you paid is really low considering springs cost.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:44 PM
gooberx

Yea, agree with you entirely romulus. How's the stillen intake? Did you put any Spacers on?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Romulus1

i'll post some pics of the car later today, gonna go wash it up quick and then find my camera cord haha, i did not use spacers on the intake, its just slapped on there. i'll get a bunch of pics of every part i put in, hope it helps everyone out!

Originally Posted by Breitling65
Could you post some shots? price you paid is really low considering springs cost.
the springs arent all that much, the place that did the install sold me the springs for $230 i believe and labor was 4 hours at $85 an hour. i thought it was a good deal, they were running specials on 350Z's for awhile, 480$ installed i believe, its all on their website, just google vinny ten racing.

btw sorry for not getting those pics up quicker, been busy with work and my fire house, im going to work on them now!

Last edited by Romulus1; 12-07-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I want coilovers because their stiffness and height is adjustable, unlike springs. Yes im getting a front and rear camber kit. I think many people on the forums just say to buy a Rear "S" sway bar, since its waaaay thicker then the X one, and its only 3mm thinner then the hotckin
Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
dont forget struts blow on coilovers too.

i know people who'd had issues with sand and salt messing up their coilover sleeves, getting a few stuck and not being able to adjust it.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Romulus1

Originally Posted by Steveo47
I want coilovers because their stiffness and height is adjustable, unlike springs. Yes im getting a front and rear camber kit. I think many people on the forums just say to buy a Rear "S" sway bar, since its waaaay thicker then the X one, and its only 3mm thinner then the hotckin
but if you look at the link posted by Aesirith a few posts up, hot chkis release an X sway bar kit. even thicker front and big upgrade to the rear, not sure if its worth the big price tag to everyone but i'll be investing in a set once the finalize the release!

and heres a copy of the posted specs while i finish cleaning my car in this 30* weather haha

OEM:

OEM is 1.1040" dia. Front
OEM is 0.945" dia. Rear

Hotchkis:

Durable 1.375" (35mm) Tubular Front Bar.
Durable 1.125" (28mm) Tubular Rear Bar 3 Way Adjustable
Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Romulus1

Got the pics finally

Got a few finally, better than the ones on my droid, how ever i'm tethered and using my droid for internet anyway, lets give this a shot and see what it can take:

Show car shot, hah:

Side Shot:

Front Wheel Gap:

notice the axe can does not fit under the side of the car up front

Rear Wheel Gap:

Rear end of the side:

axe can barely fits

One more Rear end:

Intakes:

Exhaust:

Cant fit under there too well anymore and yes that is a small dent on the exhaust for those who notice, doesnt affect anything.

Love all the mods, noticed power and handling increase from it all, also notice mpg increase by almost 2 mpgs now. any questions feel free to ask!

Quick Reply: Drop on G37X Coupe