G sedan AWD BC coilover ** MUST READ**** UPDATED REG

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 PM
jarena2104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G sedan AWD BC coilover ** MUST READ**** UPDATED REG

here is the stats:
2007 G35 X Sedan 5AT

So i purchased the BC R coilover system, first impressions of the system is that it looks like high quality components. Well put together system with good R&D done. During the install it seems i hit a few snags as you may already know from my previous posts. This is a post for anyone considering these coilovers for an AWD G. After install i noticed that i was having some squeaking issues that i believe might be coming from the polyurethane bushings that i installed from the kinetix camber kits.

After install i noticed that my ride quality became harsher than other posters had described. The handling i must admit even before alignment is quite impressive. Very little chassis roll if any and thats without upgrading the rear sway bar (front sway is very thick and does not need to be upgraded). Cornering is very sharp and responsive. Im dropped at 2" maybe a little more with a ride height of 26 1/2" from ground to fender. I have very little rubbing if any really and thats without my neg camber being dialed in.

What is the problem is that the rear strut seems to be maxed out and too small for the rear, resulting in to much preload for the rear spring. MY car sits pretty low even at the max ride height of the spring setting. So i contacted Pete over at BC Racing and he was kind enough to respond to me promptly even though he was at sema show. He relayed to me that they have a new solution for the AWD sedans that include a longer strut and a spacer for the rear spring, that would enable us AWD owners to raise back to factory height or a 27 1/2" height at least. (not that im looking to go that high but in winter application it might help to have that option). So pete was awesome enough to get my contact info and shipping info and see if he can expedite me out a longer strut and rear spacer that he is confident should solve the rear preload issue. I just wanna take the time to say that these guys are class A guys and they really stand behind there product. So im hopeful that this mod will resolve any squeaking and rattling that i might have coming from the rear and will also result in a better sounding front as well. I will keep the posting going with updates and pictures of newly installed " fix its" and see if this can correct any problems. I also promised pete i would keep in touch and give any feedback i could that would help them develop some kind of perminent remedy to this problem for us AWD owners.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Are you happy now. Looking forward to getting mines installed and slamming the car.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I cant really tell from the pic but it does not look like the lower rubber piece is in there. Is it?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
jarena2104

i think it is!! ill double check again tomorrow!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 AM
dacj

out of curiousity, is your headlight stock @@? If not, it looks very good, much better than the stock I have at least....maybe a JDM? or perhaps the states model stock is like that =.=?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:59 AM
jarena2104

Originally Posted by dacj
out of curiousity, is your headlight stock @@? If not, it looks very good, much better than the stock I have at least....maybe a JDM? or perhaps the states model stock is like that =.=?
no dude it was modded by igor over at 180 customs he is a in brooklyn, does awesome work. check him out he is on the forums
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

I wish I could get my headlights back from him : (
Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 AM
jarena2104

Originally Posted by Kidcane
I wish I could get my headlights back from him : (
what do you mean? why cant you?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Because he has them back for waranty work and told me they would be done last week and now is not returning my emails. You have no idea the nightmare it has been for me dealing with them.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
jarena2104

really? that doesnt sound like him... he is usually really good about things like that. try calling him
Old 11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that should fix the issue. it seems like you have one of the first sets released for the x
Old 11-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Originally Posted by jarena2104
really? that doesnt sound like him... he is usually really good about things like that. try calling him
Actually pretty funny but I just got an email from them saying my headlights just shipped and to hold on to the loaner lights for a little bit just in case so we are all good for now.

Back on topic!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
jarena2104

lmfao its funny cause today i just noticed im getting moisture in my drivers side light that igor did and its being resealed tomorrow... lol i knew he wouldnt do that to you. he is such a nice guy and his work is really just top notch. hopefully i will not be seeing any more moisture in the lights.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
4drScreamer

Off thread... Well actually not. So what happened with the coil overs??? Is everything set now? Are you happy/satisfied with your setup? Are you keeping the Vossens?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:26 AM
jarena2104

im keeping the vossens, i just got my first screw in my tire this morning (yayyyy!!) and no nothing is dialed in yet, waiting on pete he is sending me out a longer rear strut and a spacer for my rear spring (that apparently is for AWD models) vinnyten is getting it on wednesday and then hopefully it will ride better and then we can get it aligned and i can finally be zen with my car!

Quick Reply: G sedan AWD BC coilover ** MUST READ**** UPDATED REG