Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
any updates?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:02 AM
jarena2104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not yet im waiting for the package to arrive today from ups, and ill get it over to vinnyten tomorrow to see where we are at then alignment late afternoon. vinnyten is gonna call BC tomorrow to make sure that everything is suppose to be in the spec so i get the ride im looking for. hopefully it will all turn out nicely. im currently at 26 1/2 inch height from the ground to fender so we will see if maybe we can make it an even 26" and still get that quality ride im looking for
Old 11-12-2010, 04:38 AM
w0ady

glad to hear BC has been helpful with you. ive been quite happy these past couple months with my type BR's. the vendor i bought them from sent me the wrong rear extenders so i contacted BC and they told me there was a change and sent me new extenders as soon as they came in. that plus we talked a bunch before i ordered to get the correct spring rates for daily/tracking my car, definitely quite happy with them.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had these coilovers on my 02 Honda Civic. They are extremely rough to be using for DD use. I actually failed inspection with these on because i didnt get enough movement in the front even with them not set to be stiff.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 AM
4drScreamer

Failed inspection of what? What inspection agency requires front end movement?
Old 11-13-2010, 06:50 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
I had these coilovers on my 02 Honda Civic. They are extremely rough to be using for DD use. I actually failed inspection with these on because i didnt get enough movement in the front even with them not set to be stiff.
I have a feeling you're referring to BC (Buddy Club) that are common on Honda's, and not this BC (Bor-Chuann).
Old 11-14-2010, 08:42 AM
jarena2104

for an update i got the replacement rear shock and rear spring spacer which is im told meant to be on the AWD setups, it provided enough height that i can actually lower it now and have the spring compressed without putting to much preload on the shock. car drives pretty nice now. i have my ride height set at 26 1/2" all around with minimal wheel gap. no rubbing of any sort with a -2 degree camber in the rear with toe set at 0. my front is zeroed out and its driving pretty plush with a 10 setting up front and 14 setting on the rear dampening. my 285 tire is perfect no rub whatsoever even on a hard turn. and i get minimal road feedback when driving. a rear sway bar is much needed now as the stock one looks like a tooth pick compared to the front. im pretty happy with the setup, and i thank BC racing for getting back to me so quickly and helping me out with this problem. in the end result i probably should have went with a rear wheel drive sedan to make life simpler but what fun would it be to do something already done!

highly recommend this company and thank you pete for all your help.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:47 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jarena2104
for an update i got the replacement rear shock and rear spring spacer which is im told meant to be on the AWD setups, it provided enough height that i can actually lower it now and have the spring compressed without putting to much preload on the shock. car drives pretty nice now. i have my ride height set at 26 1/2" all around with minimal wheel gap. no rubbing of any sort with a -2 degree camber in the rear with toe set at 0. my front is zeroed out and its driving pretty plush with a 10 setting up front and 14 setting on the rear dampening. my 285 tire is perfect no rub whatsoever even on a hard turn. and i get minimal road feedback when driving. a rear sway bar is much needed now as the stock one looks like a tooth pick compared to the front. im pretty happy with the setup, and i thank BC racing for getting back to me so quickly and helping me out with this problem. in the end result i probably should have went with a rear wheel drive sedan to make life simpler but what fun would it be to do something already done!

That's great to hear..so no more squeaking/rattling noises right?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:02 PM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by jarena2104

Glad it finally worked out for you John. Enjoy the ride!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:39 PM
jarena2104

Originally Posted by platinumg35x
That's great to hear..so no more squeaking/rattling noises right?
no rattling noises..... it seems the urethane bushings settled in..... so that worked out pretty well. im am getting some wobble at take off from a dead stop but not sure if its a trans problem or what? its weird after getting the alignment it seems that my car doesnt handle like its on rails anymore. i got my front end zeroed out, and the rears at -2 camber but all and all its pretty good. maybe gotta play with the dampening a little and get that rear sway bar in

Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Glad it finally worked out for you John. Enjoy the ride!
thanks dude i appreciate all the support you guys gave me during the process
Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
I have a feeling you're referring to BC (Buddy Club) that are common on Honda's, and not this BC (Bor-Chuann).
no, BC Racing. NJ used to have a full on inspection, they tried saying my struts were blown in the front when the coilovers were just stiff as hell. you could go look on 7thgenhonda if u want, everyone knows my car there and I dont have Buddy Club. BC Racing uses all the same components as Function&Form, KSport, D2, and one more.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^Megan and apparently the BC are less harsh on a G than they are on a Honda.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:06 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
no, BC Racing. NJ used to have a full on inspection, they tried saying my struts were blown in the front when the coilovers were just stiff as hell. you could go look on 7thgenhonda if u want, everyone knows my car there and I dont have Buddy Club. BC Racing uses all the same components as Function&Form, KSport, D2, and one more.
Likely Megan. BC OEM's it for several brands.

My apologies for the assumption. A while back there were similar comparisons to what you just posted, so i took it as another BC vs. BC comment.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Jarena2104 glad it all worked out for you. We have been testing with a few cars of the G35X's with some height additions so the kit will both allow for the slammed and higher heights for winter months. Not having the vehicle in Florida has limited us on testing and have had to rely on those with the vehicle to provide the information needed. If there are any customers needing this fix please send them our way.

Last edited by Pete@BC; 11-16-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Terrorific35,

With a 8k front spring it was too stiff to pass inspection? I really doubt that, there is a adjustment **** and even still at full hard? How do they test stiffness, I'm curious.

D2 is a manufacturer, just as we are. Ksport is made by D2 compare all the products. Function and Form is not by us either. But either way where do you come up with this? You honestly would have to tear them each apart to see internals, how did you come to this conclusion? I can guarantee BC is different even from our private labels.

It wouldn't be the first time I see a new member on the forums create a account for alternative motives. You have 1 post prior to your bashing. Maybe I'm speculating, but like I said wouldn't be the first time I see alternative motives to your post because I haven't seen a positive side of helping any of the situation aside from steering people away.

Quick Reply: G sedan AWD BC coilover ** MUST READ**** UPDATED REG