Beshoff = awesomness

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 AM
BABrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Beshoff = awesomness

So today I had my new sway bars installed at beshoff@sanjose and I must say those guys are awesome. Need to give a shout-out Joey for being so helpful. And a free car wash doesn't hurt.
BTW, I love the ride with the sway bars. Was skeptical, but really love the feeling. These cars should come with these things pre-installed
Old 10-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BABrown
So today I had my new sway bars installed at beshoff@sanjose and I must say those guys are awesome. Need to give a shout-out Joey for being so helpful. And a free car wash doesn't hurt.
BTW, I love the ride with the sway bars. Was skeptical, but really love the feeling. These cars should come with these things pre-installed
Joey's a very nice guy and Abe is the best mechanic there. you should post this on the nor cal section instead cuz most people here are from all over the place and probably don't know Beshoff.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:27 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never any experience with beshoff but I can appreciate the level of service and reputation they have on this forum
Old 10-11-2010, 08:03 PM
MOB

I bought my G from Ben Ly at Beshoff....solid service through the sale process as well. Just too damn far to have my ride worked on/serviced....and I need my springs & sways installed asap. Anyone know a good place near Sactown? I have already bought the parts, just need the installer.....

BTW...OP, which sways did you go with? Hotchkis or Eibach? Have you dropped the car yet?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
BABrown

I have eibach sways(front on stiff and rear on medium settings). very satisfied.
I'm not planning to drop the car because i'm worried that using springs will just destroy stock shocks and struts and do not have money/reason for coils. Moreover, call me old fashioned, for the life of me, I can't understand all the complaining and bitching about the so called "gap". Neither can I understand comments like "wow! I put on a spring to get that gap closed by 0.0001mm and now my car looks hawt!(and I have successfully f***ed up my stock struts and shocks)".. give me break..lol

Let the flames begin
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 PM
MOB

no flames here....but I am curious. Why the Eibach's over the Hotchkis?....especially since you mention money as being an issue. Aren't the Eibach sways considerably more $$ than the Hotchkis? And as far as the comment "using springs will just destroy stock shocks and struts", that's not entirely accurate. For instance, the Eibach PK springs were designed with the stock sport package struts/shocks in mind. They were made for that application vs. just a generic stab at ride height. And sorry, but the "gap" makes our cars look like a 4x4....and that should have been addressed and changed with the sport package. Infiniti should've taken a lesson from BMW and Mercedes with their sport packages & factory-issued ride heights. Car looks so much cleaner & tighter with that gap cut in half. Just my $.02
Old 10-13-2010, 03:18 PM
BABrown

To be honest, I was split between eibach and Hotchkis and I do not think you can go wrong either way. However I chose eibach for:
1) Adjustable fronts
2) Million mile warranty(the single most thing that swayed the decision)
3) Price was lower. Granted, not by much but still every penny counts
4) I have heard that hotchkis is too stiff and stillen is too soft. eibach's specs fall somewhere in between and may have the right stiffness.. so thought "ok lemme try that". Please note that i have no scientific evidence or automotive background to back that up. I'm just a noob.
5) Now the most important reason: Eibach comes in red! Hotchkis comes in some wierd ash/grey color. End of story!

Springs:
I'm not sure about the "springs" part in your message. Again please note that I'm a complete noob on these things and am not qualified. But for me my thought process went like:
a) stock shocks are designed for the height of stock springs.
b) when one puts lowering springs the height is reduced, that "may" cause stress on the stock shocks because now they are working on a much shorter throw affecting the dampening
c) I have also heard stories of "bottoming out"

But let me repeat. I do not have automotive background so may be speaking BS. But I also follow/do stuff that makes sense for me and after-market springs just doesn't make sense for me

About the 4X4 comment..lol.. I do not know. Because I'm not sure a half an inch here or a quarter of an inch there will make much of a difference. Besides I've a hard time understanding all these "gap" stuff that folks talk about here. Every time I look at my G, I feel good(and I'm coming from a 3 series), because the car has a personality. For me the diff between BMW and G is:
a) BMW ---> Refined, smooth and classy lady. Very conventional looks. She is gorgeous but more of a hampton/oldschool way.
b) G---> Rough around the edges. A spicy and hot gypsy. Has a personality and unconventional.

I like spicy things
Old 10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
MOB

what'd Beshoff charge you for the parts and for the labor....total cost for the sways to be put on?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:23 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u wont bottom out with eibach. it's only a mild drop and rides the same as stock, maybe even better. stillen comes in red too, i have them and they're great. i think it comes down to personal preferences when it comes to sway bars.

oh btw congratz and welcome another bay area driver. which part are u located?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:18 PM
BABrown

East bay
Old 10-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
how about a review of how the handling is with the eibach sways?