My G lowered on Eibach Pro-kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
JJSoCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice drop looks gr8! How much of a drop is it and where can I get a good deal on Eibach Pro-Kit?

Thanks

Joe
Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 AM
4drScreamer

How's the clearance for daily driving? I lowered my '05 TL and loved the handling improvement, but had a he'll of a time bottoming out. Even at 45's through humps and dips. Similar Eibach springs though and they were great. I am however considering coil overs for my new '10 G37S sedan. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:36 AM
smalls'g37

ah..these cars look sooooo much better with a drop. looking good man.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:27 AM
evilpanda

Originally Posted by JJSoCrazy
Nice drop looks gr8! How much of a drop is it and where can I get a good deal on Eibach Pro-Kit?

Thanks

Joe
thanks! drop is 1.5 front and 1.2 in the rear. i got my springs off ebay and picked it up locally.

Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
How's the clearance for daily driving? I lowered my '05 TL and loved the handling improvement, but had a he'll of a time bottoming out. Even at 45's through humps and dips. Similar Eibach springs though and they were great. I am however considering coil overs for my new '10 G37S sedan. Any thoughts or recommendations?
clearance is not that bad, it handles so much better. never had coils so can't really say anything about them.

Originally Posted by smalls'g37
ah..these cars look sooooo much better with a drop. looking good man.
thank you.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:45 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Very ironic .. Eibach R&D is in Corona. Looks good!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:53 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
looks great! can you though, tell us what your alignment specs were? i'm debating on coilovers or springs. springs are cheaper, and they give the ride height that i want - i won't be tracking the car or racing it heavily, so i'm shy away from coils. terry mentioned that he had to get caster arms to get everything into spec, but i'm happy with a 0 toe and a bit of camber.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
looks great! can you though, tell us what your alignment specs were? i'm debating on coilovers or springs. springs are cheaper, and they give the ride height that i want - i won't be tracking the car or racing it heavily, so i'm shy away from coils. terry mentioned that he had to get caster arms to get everything into spec, but i'm happy with a 0 toe and a bit of camber.
I am curious as well. the camber arms are like 250 bucks, which is even more than the springs....
Old 10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
MPULSE

So, are rear and front camber kits recommended if you choose to go w/ Eibach PK springs? I've searched but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evilpanda
thanks! drop is 1.5 front and 1.2 in the rear. i got my springs off ebay and picked it up locally.

clearance is not that bad, it handles so much better. never had coils so can't really say anything about them.

thank you.
Is the 1.5" front / 1.2" rear the measurements you took when the springs were first installed or later after they had set in and dropped a bit more?

Could you post another picture, now that the springs have had some time to set, similar to the ones that you took when the springs were first installed.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM
evilpanda

Originally Posted by terrycs
Very ironic .. Eibach R&D is in Corona. Looks good!
thanks.

Originally Posted by eksigned
Originally Posted by Austin713
I am curious as well. the camber arms are like 250 bucks, which is even more than the springs....
i haven't done the alignment yet, i've been busy. i'll try to do it within this week.

Originally Posted by movinon
Is the 1.5" front / 1.2" rear the measurements you took when the springs were first installed or later after they had set in and dropped a bit more?

Could you post another picture, now that the springs have had some time to set, similar to the ones that you took when the springs were first installed.
the 1.5/1.2 is the drop rate from the Eibach website.

more pics on the link below. |v|
https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...m-factory.html
Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
sportsdude512

Looks really good man!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by evilpanda
thanks.

i haven't done the alignment yet, i've been busy. i'll try to do it within this week.

sweet panda! thanks for evening getting back to us. if worse comes to worst, make sure that the toes are in 100%. figure out the camber stuff later. more than likely..you'll need kits, i'm assuming albeit negative camber really doesn't do anything to the tires as long as your toe's in. not sure about caster.

by the way, ive hada 2010 g37x loaner for the past weekend, and BOY DOES that thing take off off the line. i'm REALLY enjoying the car! it's been raining like CRAZY here this past weekend. x sure does do the job! you have a NICE CAR!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 PM
MOB

for those looking for the Eibach PK....go to Import DPS

FYI - I got my '09 G37s sedan springs from them for $221.xx shipped to my door. Just gotta find somewhere to put them on for a reasonable price....

BTW OP....did you put on any spacers? Once mine is dropped, I think I'm going with 15mm or 20mm to flush the wheels.

Ride looks good man, your pics right after you put the springs on made me pull the trigger.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MPULSE
So, are rear and front camber kits recommended if you choose to go w/ Eibach PK springs? I've searched but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.
I would recommend it if you don't like dealing with dismounting tires for side to side rotations.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
MPULSE

Originally Posted by terrycs
I would recommend it if you don't like dealing with dismounting tires for side to side rotations.
yea true. Thanks

Quick Reply: My G lowered on Eibach Pro-kit