Swaybar install - 2010 AWD Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:11 PM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Guys, how come the price for the 2009 bar is $135 and for 2010 it's $72. Am I missing something? Doc John, you have a 2010 X sedan and the 09 bar fit fine correct?
I saw that price difference too and have no idea why (???)

Yes, I have a 2010 X sedan, and I bought the rear bar for an '09 S coupe from Scottsdale Infiniti and installed it myself in October. It fit perfectly (using the new bushings).
Old 12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DocJohn
I saw that price difference too and have no idea why (???)

Yes, I have a 2010 X sedan, and I bought the rear bar for an '09 S coupe from Scottsdale Infiniti and installed it myself in October. It fit perfectly (using the new bushings).
I will call them to find out regarding the price difference. However, I'm still bothered by the fact that it doesn't say "S" in the description. I don't want to end up receiving the puny bar from the journey coupe instead.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:54 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
I will call them to find out regarding the price difference. However, I'm still bothered by the fact that it doesn't say "S" in the description. I don't want to end up receiving the puny bar from the journey coupe instead.
Best thing to do is call them i would assume the more expenisve one to be the S but dont quote me...
Old 12-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Morrissey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen, I have had the chance to drive my car some more since swapping out my OEM puny rsb for the OEM beefy rsb. The best way to describe the difference is this...

My car feels a lot more fun to drive now. Not just driving at speed in the twisties. Making simple turns at intersections. Three point turns. U-turns. All improved. How can you improve a 3 point turn or uturn? They just feel RIGHT now. Before I felt like I was in a 1981 country squire station wagon.

Quality of the ride, I don't notice any difference at all. I told my wife I "did something" and she remarked that the car feels lighter now, and she's blonde. Basically all turning activity is improved so much that it feels as if I had 15psi in my tires and suddently put in 32 psi.

I know that my comments, well, seem a bit extreme, but I've been modifying cars for 10 years. I've had Audis, Volvos, you name it. I always did the rsb and yes, everytime, they made a big difference. This time, in the G37xS, I'm dealing with the heaviest of the cars. The car felt like a god damn BOAT before. I always said "night and day" difference before, with my other cars (when installing an oversize rsb). The G got an oversize rsb, but it's only OEM, and it's still a "night and day" difference. I can not believe how f'ing small the OEM bar is. AND ESPECIALLY SINCE MY CAR IS AWD. It is so moronic that they put a ridiculously small rsb on a $40k awd 320+ hp saloon car and regardless if it has an S badge or not. Rant over.

This post is not NEWS WORTHY to guys who "mod" their cars often. It's really for the guys who don't. Do NOT avoid doing this "mod" b/c you "don't want a harsh ride" and because you "like to keep it classy and OEM". Do this mod. It's an OEM part, and you will not regret it.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:43 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ +1

Well said Morrissey! My experience has been very similiar. I've installed modified sway bars in 4 of my previous cars (and at least that many in friend's cars) and IMO this is a 'must do' upgrade with an OEM part for the AWD sedan owner.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:26 PM
ballz3
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by platinumg35x
Swapping the rear sway bar WILL make a difference. Your mechanic is wrong. Many of us awd'ers have done it and can vouch for that.
The hotchkis sway bar set for the awd is a big disappointment imo and not worth 400+. The front sway bar is only 3 mm bigger than the stock front sway bar on the x and the rear sway is only 4 mm bigger than than the rwd oem rear sway bar....I think you would just be better off just getting the oem rwd sway bar. You won't really feel a difference with the hotckis set unless they're adjustable...
if the hotchkis rsh is "only" 4mm larger than stock xs, does that mean you are saying the 2008 coupe s rsb is larger than that? i think that will help with my decision.
and, it's decided we don't need the brackets, right?

thanks.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Originally Posted by ballz3
if the hotchkis rsh is "only" 4mm larger than stock xs, does that mean you are saying the 2008 coupe s rsb is larger than that? i think that will help with my decision.
and, it's decided we don't need the brackets, right?

thanks.
You can re-use the existing rear 'x' sway bar brackets with the 's' bar.

platinumg35x said, "the [Hotchkis] rear sway is only 4 mm bigger than than the rwd oem rear sway bar" (not the x or xs bar). Here are the numbers:

AWD "x" model OE sway bars:
Front: 33 mm dia.
Rear: 17 mm dia.

RWD "s" model OE sway bar:
Rear: 25 mm dia.

Hotchkis #22443 sway bars for 08-10 Infiniti G35X/G37X (AWD)
Front: 35mm dia. (not adjustable)
Rear: 28mm dia. (3-way adjustable)
Old 12-11-2010, 08:49 AM
ballz3
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks. Sorry I was confused.

That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 AM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
I have my stock oem rear sway bar for sale if anyone is interested.

I have a 08 sport.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Everybody knows the rears fit since the AWD came out in 07 :/
Old 12-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Marc Collins

Originally Posted by RaulGCustom
I have my stock oem rear sway bar for sale if anyone is interested.

I have a 08 sport.
Will that fit an '09 XS sedan? Still available? If so, message me with the price.

Thanks,

Marc
Old 12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
BLKG37X

I finally put one on. Got a brand new one from an S coupe + bushings. When looking a at both the stock and the S bars next to each other, the difference is huge. However, once testing it out, I was a bit dissappointed. The car seems to be a little more willing to corner, and does it a little less effort, but the difference is very slight and not always noticable to me. I don't regret getting it, but I was hoping for a bigger difference.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
FYI hochkis makes a full Sway set for the X now. full set for about 350 or so i think....
Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin713
FYI hochkis makes a full Sway set for the X now. full set for about 350 or so i think....
they are a little more than that... 463+ shipp
Old 12-20-2010, 07:38 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenka
they are a little more than that... 463+ shipp
Not if you know who to get a hold of...

Quick Reply: Swaybar install - 2010 AWD Sport