Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:02 AM
HCA37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!!

so i got my infiniti g37 coupe brand new in may 2010 and after a month probably it started making this disgusting loud screaching sound everytime i slow down to a stop...i took it to the dealer and they are telling me that it is common. And i told them that thats non sense i mean the sound is very bad and embarassing...they told me they checked the brakes and everything is normal... could u guys please help me out!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:05 AM
sfrizzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is very probable that there is something wrong with the brakes...without seeing/hearing its hard to say what...if you can not find anything wrong...take it to a place...other than your dealership....ask them what is wrong...then make ur dealer fix it...that sucks dude

btw were u driving real hard? heavy on the brakes n racing n stuff? could be brake pads wearing down but if its bad get em checked asap so you dont wear down ur rotor
Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 AM
HCA37

well when they checked it yesterday they said that the front brakes where 90% and back where 85% and i havent used my brakes crazy or anything...if i take my car to another infiniti dealer would they check it under the warrenty that it has or do i need to take it to the place i got it... and i dont want to take it to a non infiniti dealer beacuse i dont want them to say that u took it somewhere else and they messed it up or something like that...
Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hang out in the new car sales area, approach perspective buyers and comment on how nice the new car they're looking at is. Then mention it's a shame they have squeaky brakes though... Their own service guys confirmed it on my 2 month old G37... they said it's normal. It's real embarising to have a 45K car squeel like a pig, otherwise nice car.. good luck. See if that doesn't help you get them fixed.

It's a common problem not unique to infiniti however it can be fixed. Turning the rotors and replacing pads for one, sometimes there's structural damage and they'll need to be replaced the rotors or it will just happen again in time.

If you can't find anyone to replace under warrenty, I'd suggest replacing with slotted rotors. I believe these help maintain the pads and prevent glazing.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Try lubricating the brake pads (not the actual brake pad friction surface). If that doesn't work, change the pads out to some different ones.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:16 AM
HCA37

i only have 4k miles on my car amd i think it sucks that i have a brand new car and it makes that embarassing sound
Old 07-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Philip8969

Pads are probably just glazed. Most dealers wont replace them under warranty because they still work fine and have plenty of friction material left. But its a load of BS that they said that it is normal.

You should just take the pads off and sand them very lightly to remove the glaze and slap em back on. Just did this on my sister's Altima a week ago. I put brand new pads and rotors on the thing and she glazed the pads in a little under 2 weeks. She drives like a bat out of hell tho...
Old 02-17-2011, 07:44 PM
PR_G37

I have the same exact problem with my 09 G37S sedan and its embarrassing. Did anyone with this issue ever get it resolved? Two different Infiniti dealerships have told me (after inspecting my brakes) that everything is fine with high percentages left in the back and front brakes.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 PM
spect2k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why not contact Infiniti consumer affairs?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:00 AM
ualdep
Registered Member

Does UR front end "shudder" when U come to a hard stop, espec dwn hill? Try it. That happened with me ALONG with brakes that screeched while backing up; There is a TSB for brake shudder; I 1st got the rotors turned for brake shudder & then new rotors & pads when the screeching started. Come to Franklin, TN & use my dealer If U can rpt more than 1 problem that could help. good luck; & consumer affairs helped me on another issue!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:15 AM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HCA37
so i got my infiniti g37 coupe brand new in may 2010 and after a month probably it started making this disgusting loud screaching sound everytime i slow down to a stop...i took it to the dealer and they are telling me that it is common. And i told them that thats non sense i mean the sound is very bad and embarassing...they told me they checked the brakes and everything is normal... could u guys please help me out!!!
man i got the same problem, i brought my in Aug. is that screaching sound coming from the driver side i bet right, sound like scraping metal noise. it does embarassing, ppl ask me wtf is that noise come from!!! it happen to me once in a while when i come to a stop, that griding noise seen coming from the cluthe itself, while engaging the clutch and disengaging the clutch.
i haven't take it to the dealership yet. WTF infiniti...
Old 02-18-2011, 09:23 AM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HCA37
i only have 4k miles on my car amd i think it sucks that i have a brand new car and it makes that embarassing sound
dam we're on the same boat man. i think we brought the defected 2010 model lol. I assuming that noise is not coming from the break. is the clutch. infiniti are you listening, is this type a car 43k im expected hah.
My last car 4 yrs old subaru does better job than this with O problem.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 PM
PR_G37

The breaking sound is embarrassing and sounds like a grinding noise! I'm not experiencing any brake shutter though. But the squeaking noise gets so loud and annoying at ridiculously low speeds that I look around at red lights to find the big rig with the bad breaks and then I realize - oh wait, it's MY car making that ugly sound.