Review My KW V3's Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up My KW V3's Review

After having my car lowered on Eibach springs and seeing some of the other Gs lowered I decided I wanted my car lower and this time I wanted to go with coilovers for there adjustability factor on height mainly. I did some research on the forum and others and found that KW V3s had a lot of great reviews and since it was the suspension I was going to replace, I wanted a very good quality suspension. So here’s my review after about 2 months of ownership.

MORE PICS on this post - this is with my black center caps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PURCHASED FROM: Nick at THMotorsports https://www.myg37.com/forums/members...torsports.html Thanks Nick for the great price!

QUALITY: A true quality product = aluminum/pvc/all stainless steel housings/springs etc.. Very nice!

SETTINGS: Bump = 6/10th Rebound = 2/3rd Height(from fender center to ground): = Front:25” ¼ Rear = 25” ¾ – wanted it half inch difference for Muscle Car Rake Slammed.

INSTALLATION: Well I didn’t do it but it looked to be pretty straight forth except the rear looked to be a pain to do. This was done at my dealership for $390.00.

RIDE COMFORT: Awesome just as good as stock or better. I can’t believe how it rides. I love it this way for the street. Of course if I ever go to Homestead Speedway to track it I will tighten it up.

HANDLING: Twice as good as my previous Eibach springs for the smooth city driving settings I currently have. It is lower so it will handle a lot better but I’m amazed that a car this low handles like this with a comfortable ride. Its shocking how great it really is!(shocking haha get it!). Corner Drifts where at lower speeds before but now I can pull a higher speed drift in corners now with confidence. Super predictable handling! It gets of the line a bit better too since no squat at all. No bouncing like I see other lowered/slammed cars. I think that’s because of the rebound settings available on these coilovers.

ADJUSTMENTS:
Height: Take of the front wheel and adjust. For the rear its the same! . Lot of adjustment in height. Could go lower but I think I'm low enough, and if you do its going to rub.

Bump: For front and back you can take tires off or drive up on ramps without taking tires off.

Rebound: you can easily access this in the front under the hood. Unfortunately for the rear I think you’d have to take out the rear trunk panels to get to it or take out the shocks, but this setting from what I read in forums is usually not touched much, so it’s ok for me so far.

Lots of adjustment there if needed and that's mainly what so great about these coilovers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I can’t compare against other coilovers since these are my first owned set. But I’m very happy I made the choice and am 110% satisfied. I only regret buying the Eibachs and installing them prior since that’s like $800 dollars including installation down the drain. But I didn’t have the money then so no complaints!

Last edited by Xcalibur; 07-03-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: I had wrong info on the rear adjustments heights... I just did them there is nothing in the way ...just like the fronts :)
Old 06-09-2010, 03:05 PM
j784wrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great review Xcalibur! i found that a proper coilover setup has worked out best for me. I've had my ricer days with my civic. I started out with springs and oem shocks. That combo was ok at best. Then I added kyb agxs and springs; better than before but I wanted more drop. Finally got ground controls sleeves with custom spring length and rates. Three setups to get what I wanted. What a waste of money and time.

I almost did the same thing with my suby. I did aftermarket springs with oem shocks to hold me over, then straight to full coilovers.

Lesson learned. I'm throwing coilovers on my wifes G when the financial situation is right.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Great review, thanks for sharing with us.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by j784wrx
great review Xcalibur! i found that a proper coilover setup has worked out best for me. I've had my ricer days with my civic. I started out with springs and oem shocks. That combo was ok at best. Then I added kyb agxs and springs; better than before but I wanted more drop. Finally got ground controls sleeves with custom spring length and rates. Three setups to get what I wanted. What a waste of money and time.

I almost did the same thing with my suby. I did aftermarket springs with oem shocks to hold me over, then straight to full coilovers.

Lesson learned. I'm throwing coilovers on my wifes G when the financial situation is right.
Thanks man! Yeah I'm sold on these coilovers. Very happy and I think there worth the money for sure.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Great review, thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks BJ! Always willing to give back to the community
Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
Thanks BJ! Always willing to give back to the community
BJ is the White dude in Atlanta. I'm the black guy in Houston.

Last edited by Black Betty; 06-09-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Freakin' Blackjack!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:03 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good write up , you can feel the difference when you swap from just springs to coilover kits, enjoy ,
Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
BJ is the White dude in Atlanta. I'm the black guy in Houston.
Lol. Nice.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol at the shocking pun. Thanks for the review. Did you get it corner balanced or just an alignment?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I luvs my kdubs.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:21 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice X, hopefully you can take me for a ride and show me how great these are!!! Nice review, I'm
actually looking at tanabe since I don't track , but I really love my current drop and really just want same height but with the shock upgrade 2.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

LOL! Sorry Black Betty & Blackjack for the mix up!

Thanks Guys!

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
lol at the shocking pun. Thanks for the review. Did you get it corner balanced or just an alignment?
Not yet. I have to order my front camber arms in the next couple weeks and then take it to a special shop here in Miami that does alignment on lowered/slammed cars.

Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
Nice X, hopefully you can take me for a ride and show me how great these are!!! Nice review, I'm
actually looking at tanabe since I don't track , but I really love my current drop and really just want same height but with the shock upgrade 2.
For sure man! When I go to Towers meet this Friday we'll take a cruise so you can see.

Last edited by Xcalibur; 06-09-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Loi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good review! I know about the height and rebound(stiffness) adjustment, but what's the bump setting? and where can I adjust it?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

^^ Thanks! Bump is at the bottom of the shock. Adjustment Instructions for g37S coupe here:http://docs.kwsuspension.de/ea68577085.pdf Go to page 3 & 4
Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
THMotorsports
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Awesome review! Thanks for putting it up, post up some pics of your car with the suspension on, if you get a chance.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

^^ Thanks again Nick! Will be posting some pics and a video clip this weekend.

Quick Reply: Review My KW V3's Review