Must have Suspension Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
24vcummns98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must have Suspension Mods

I dont really ever post mostly read and learn. I purchased my 08 g37s back in December and now looking to make some modifications. Not looking to break the bank i have a play toy this is my DD just want to have some fun and will take it to the track from time to time.

I allready looked into the hotchkis sway bar upgrade this seems to be a very good investment and seems to help alot.

Now springs im a little lost here. Looked into some Eibachs. Im looking for a direct replacement dont have to be eibachs and company i want quality and perfromance i will feel.

What else?? I apologize the compact sport car world is knew to me. I do diesel drag racing.

Thanks for help and suggestions
Old 06-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Harley'sG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same questions here so...subscribed!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
1SiCkG
Banned

The sway bars are incredible I hear from everyone but the springs I'm against they make the car too low ur handling won't get better at all and you'll kill your struts so if u wanna look pretty n be low n make a difference as far as handling goes.....don't be cheap and buy coilovers.stoof is the person to really get info from on suspensions he's the only g on hydrolics right now ever
Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by 1SiCkG
The sway bars are incredible I hear from everyone but the springs I'm against they make the car too low ur handling won't get better at all and you'll kill your struts so if u wanna look pretty n be low n make a difference as far as handling goes.....don't be cheap and buy coilovers.stoof is the person to really get info from on suspensions he's the only g on hydrolics right now ever

Ummm you're wrong.

Lower center of gravity on springs = better handling.

Of course coils are better because you can adjust the dampening/ride height, but the springs by default will give you a better handling car.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SiCkG

Russel youre a retard. Im on air, not hydrolics, and im not the only one ever.

Springs will give a you a lower stance = lower center of gravity = better handling.

Stiffer the better as far as handling goes, but too stiff and youll sacrifice lots of ride comfort.

Being that this is your DD youre not gonna wanna go too stiff. You also want to look at how low you wanna go too. H&Rs are a very comfortable ride but are very low. Eibachs arent that low but the ride sucks IMHO.

Def get hotchkis sways and a GT Spec front strut bar, and maybe look into some GT Spec chassis
Old 06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
The Jewbag

H&R's are FTW. Low, great handling, and great ride.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
And if 2 large is just too much for you to justify KW Coils for DD, Tanabe Sustec's knock that in half. Honestly I can't see why folks would even consider springs with Tanabe's as an option, it's only $700 more and well worth the bucks. Half of that you'll waste on install costs when you change your mind later anyway...lol. Been there... done that.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 06-03-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cheapest option: Eibach pro kit springs. I noticed the difference in handling immediately. You can do a search on the forum for feedback.

Second cheapest option: Eibach spings + sway bars. Also improvement you can feel

Then there's always coils or coils + sways. More $$$ though.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Harley'sG

Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom
Eibachs arent that low but the ride sucks IMHO.
Stoof, why do you say they suck? Curious because I am about to do this...more for looks and don't want to spend money on coils since I'm not tracking the car for now and don't really want the slammed look. ???
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 PM
EnviedG35

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
I dunno if the sedan springs are different..but my Eibachs on my sedan ride beautiful. Even feel a tab bit smoother on normal driving. The car def feels more stable though.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ride quality is much better, you need to attend a meet and go for a drive with someone with Eibachs and then Coils... you'll be sold.

You'll notice it on the bumps both by feel or rather lack of feeling them as intensely on coils as well as less noise generated.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 06-03-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Harley'sG
Stoof, why do you say they suck? Curious because I am about to do this...more for looks and don't want to spend money on coils since I'm not tracking the car for now and don't really want the slammed look. ???
I just dont like the ride. When you hit bumps your passengers will fly through the roof.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:58 PM
DmfG37sTT

I would recommend KW coilovers. Good ride and even better handling
Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Springs will give a you a lower stance = lower center of gravity = better handling.

Stiffer the better as far as handling goes, but too stiff and youll sacrifice lots of ride comfort.

Being that this is your DD youre not gonna wanna go too stiff. You also want to look at how low you wanna go too. H&Rs are a very comfortable ride but are very low. Eibachs arent that low but the ride sucks IMHO.

Def get hotchkis sways and a GT Spec front strut bar, and maybe look into some GT Spec chassis
served.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:18 AM
goomba

Lol stiffer and lower does not always equal better handling. Get springs if you care for drop more than handling or don't want to spend the money on coils.

Quick Reply: Must have Suspension Mods