Must have Suspension Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
This turned into a springs vs coils thread lol.

OP asked about suspension mods. I'm riding on eibachs (thinking of changing to coils) and just installed GTspec front strut bar and 4 point ladder brace. I haven't driven the car yet, and I'm hoping to notice a little bit of a difference in tighter steering. I'll keep this updated.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
InspiredMan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tanabe springs are pretty comfy for the most part. I've always seen their ads saying that the ride quality is good for daily driving.

about the sways, I think those are always a good choice for the "fun to drive factor"
Old 10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InspiredMan
Tanabe springs are pretty comfy for the most part. I've always seen their ads saying that the ride quality is good for daily driving.

about the sways, I think those are always a good choice for the "fun to drive factor"
I totally agree on the sways comments. Very tight and very responsive with sways. I can't argue with the position that springs lower the COG and make handling better. Its just that I'm still convinced that coils are the better alternative for ride, handling and adjustability. Which is why my next mod will be coils + 20's & tires.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
MOB

Originally Posted by rAiN
eibach or any kind of springs are only meant to improves the LOOK of your car.
you're uninformed.....FALSE.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:08 PM
D_Nyholm

Originally Posted by MOB
you're uninformed.....FALSE.
The only thing the lowering springs help in regards to performance is the lower center of gravity. By just increasing the spring rates and keeping the shock valving the same, you are not increasing performance. That is why it is generally agreed that lowering springs are for looks and coil overs are for performance.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
InspiredMan

Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
The only thing the lowering springs help in regards to performance is the lower center of gravity. By just increasing the spring rates and keeping the shock valving the same, you are not increasing performance. That is why it is generally agreed that lowering springs are for looks and coil overs are for performance.
True, unless you get a shock that has dampening rates that are a good match for the coil's spring rates, there's no point. finding a spring/shock combo that is designed to work together will be almost as good as a basic coil. too bad most people just put springs on the OEM shocks which are not deigned to be ran at a lower ride height nor have designed for higher springs rates.

EDIT: And in doing so,you'll more than likely destroy your OEM shocks/struts in half the expected life
Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Noticed a slight, nothing significant, increase in stiffness in steering after installing my GTspec products. Front wheels feel slightly more planted in steering. I just picked up some Stillen sway and I'm hoping for a big decease in body roll from the sways. I'll hopefully get around to putting them on in the next week or so.

I agreed that Eibach springs are mostly for looks as I have them, and I am personally not satisfied with the ride quality, performance or height. They do however look better than stock and can't complain about that. I'm in the market for coilovers now as I think I should have went with them from the beginning. Just my opininon.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:30 AM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by Kverd88
Noticed a slight, nothing significant, increase in stiffness in steering after installing my GTspec products. Front wheels feel slightly more planted in steering. I just picked up some Stillen sway and I'm hoping for a big decease in body roll from the sways. I'll hopefully get around to putting them on in the next week or so.

I agreed that Eibach springs are mostly for looks as I have them, and I am personally not satisfied with the ride quality, performance or height. They do however look better than stock and can't complain about that. I'm in the market for coilovers now as I think I should have went with them from the beginning. Just my opininon.
Let us know what you think of the Stillens. I have them and noticed a big improvement right away, but I am still holding out to do coilovers instead of springs.