Has anyone had problems with their SPC camber kits?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'm actually having a slight issue with the revised arms. it's banging on the body or fender when i hit a very large bump or pothole. and yes i made sure the arms are on the correct side. torqued it down to 50lbs during the install. anybody else having the same issues here?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty

I'm eating up front tires until they come out with their front camber solution that's currently in development. From speaking to them directly I couldn't get a firm release date (probably going to be a while), but it will adjust front camber completely differently from anything out currently.
are you talking about SPC or SPL coming out with a new front camber kit?
the current SPL front camber kit works fine without any issues right?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The clamp bolt on the SPL rusting does indeed suck, but they make the best camber parts available for our cars hands down. It shouldn't have rusted, but that's a $2 fix. I'd rather spend an extra few bucks to get stainless bolts and use a great part than pay a little less and have a lesser quality part.
They may make a part that is stronger and yes it has more camber degree but it wasn't just those 2 bolts rusting for me. I see it on the adjustment collars as well and when I spoke with SPL rep he said they would under warranty replace it If I mailed it to them first.

Now that means for me to go pay a shop to not only take of the arms but house my car for up to 2 weeks while I await a new shipped set? I will have to pay for labor to remove/install plus alignment + no car for 2 weeks = NOT WORTH IT!

I'm over it man! Moving on...
Old 05-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
are you talking about SPC or SPL coming out with a new front camber kit?
the current SPL front camber kit works fine without any issues right?
SPL. Their parts work without rubbing or hitting anything. The current version works perfectly according to owners, but they currently don't make a front camber application for the G37. It's in development.

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
They may make a part that is stronger and yes it has more camber degree but it wasn't just those 2 bolts rusting for me. I see it on the adjustment collars as well and when I spoke with SPL rep he said they would under warranty replace it If I mailed it to them first.

Now that means for me to go pay a shop to not only take of the arms but house my car for up to 2 weeks while I await a new shipped set? I will have to pay for labor to remove/install plus alignment + no car for 2 weeks = NOT WORTH IT!

I'm over it man! Moving on...
I totally understand where you are coming from. It does suck that you couldn't get the new parts first and therefore have less downtime. Especially if they are acknowledging that the parts are defective.

Did you offer to pay for the replacement parts (perhaps only put a pre authorization on your CC without charging it maybe?) first and once they are received and installed, then return the rusting parts and receive credit back? Kind of like a core charge? Just a thought.

If you want to trade your rusting SPL for my no rusting Eibach (SPC) I'll take them off of your hands.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
SPL. Their parts work without rubbing or hitting anything. The current version works perfectly according to owners, but they currently don't make a front camber application for the G37. It's in development.
are you sure about this? cause a vendor here (i think importspartspro or maybe someone else) told me they have a SPL front camber kit also for the g37
Old 05-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I totally understand where you are coming from. It does suck that you couldn't get the new parts first and therefore have less downtime. Especially if they are acknowledging that the parts are defective.

Did you offer to pay for the replacement parts (perhaps only put a pre authorization on your CC without charging it maybe?) first and once they are received and installed, then return the rusting parts and receive credit back? Kind of like a core charge? Just a thought.

If you want to trade your rusting SPL for my no rusting Eibach (SPC) I'll take them off of your hands.
I actually during posting the previous post thought of that and wondered if they would do something like that. Thats a good idea and I don't see why they wouldn't. ViewSonic monitors did it for me once since it was the only monitor at the time I had and it was my bread maker. So I'll get in touch with them again and ask that question.

Thanks Black Betty!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
are you sure about this? cause a vendor here (i think importspartspro or maybe someone else) told me they have a SPL front camber kit also for the g37
I spoke on the phone to the guy from SPL who develops them and that's what I was told. If there is a front camber solution for the G37, I've never seen it at importpartspro or anywhere else. Other applications, but not the G37. If you've got something don't hold out on us, throw us a link to it.

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
I actually during posting the previous post thought of that and wondered if they would do something like that. Thats a good idea and I don't see why they wouldn't. ViewSonic monitors did it for me once since it was the only monitor at the time I had and it was my bread maker. So I'll get in touch with them again and ask that question.

Thanks Black Betty!
It cant hurt to ask. It seems like a reasonable request to get assistance for a defective part.