Brake Vibrations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
Also, after you do your hard "slowdowns", keep rolling; you want to make sure the brakes cool evenly and completely.

The goal of the bedding procedure is to get a transfer layer onto the brake rotors, and to get the street pads up to full operating temperature. You want to get the temperature high enough that they're just about to fade; this is pretty high with the HP+, nearly double that of the OEM pads.

After you get them up to temp, you want to make sure they're cool, before parking the car. Just drive around at slow speeds (if you're bedding on the street) without using the brakes for about 3-5 minutes to make sure they're cool.

Don't come to a complete stop at any time, as that could potentially mess up the bedding process. A BIG deserted/empty parking lot would be great for this (you can accelerate, brake, turn around, and never stop rolling), unless you have access to a track to break in the pads at.

Awesome! I appreciate the input, I havent tried it yet but I noticed while driving to work the maaan the brakes are squeaking like crazy, but I guess I expected this with the HP+ pads..
Old 04-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
Awesome! I appreciate the input, I havent tried it yet but I noticed while driving to work the maaan the brakes are squeaking like crazy, but I guess I expected this with the HP+ pads..
It's the price you pay for high performance pads...

I have a dedicated set of pads and rotors for track use, and street pads/rotors for street use.

Hell, I have extra rotors for when I crack them.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
It's the price you pay for high performance pads...

I have a dedicated set of pads and rotors for track use, and street pads/rotors for street use.

Hell, I have extra rotors for when I crack them.
that is hard core no doubt!