Front Camber Question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Front Camber Question...

So this may be an obvious answer but just wanted some feedback.. I have eibach springs and when i got my car aligned they were able to bring the fronts to about -1.4(L) - -1.3 (R). It is pretty close to stock.

Seeing as i am **** with stuff like that i bought a front camber kit and just have not had time to put it on.

Went to the dealer over the weekend for an oil change and they checked the tires and everything else they check... Left side was 9/32's left and right side was 9/32's left. Both front and rear checked out to have even wear throughout the tires...

Should i bother installing the front camber kit? Or can i safely rely on the dealer check up?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by jarborn1
So this may be an obvious answer but just wanted some feedback.. I have eibach springs and when i got my car aligned they were able to bring the fronts to about -1.4(L) - -1.3 (R). It is pretty close to stock.

Seeing as i am **** with stuff like that i bought a front camber kit and just have not had time to put it on.

Went to the dealer over the weekend for an oil change and they checked the tires and everything else they check... Left side was 9/32's left and right side was 9/32's left. Both front and rear checked out to have even wear throughout the tires...

Should i bother installing the front camber kit? Or can i safely rely on the dealer check up?
If you're relying on the tread depth, you're better off spending $5 and buying a tread depth gauge and doing it yourself. The key to getting good information is to check the wear at the outermost, center, and innermost tread so you can see how the wear is across the entire tread. It may be at 9/32" on the inside but 6/32" on the outside, letting you know that perhaps you have excessive toe and the tread isn't wearing evenly across the tire. Toe is going to eat up front tires faster on a lowered car than excessive negative camber. IMO the camber you have is great. I wouldn't use a front camber kit for it, it's much closer to spec than a lot of us.

What is your toe measurement?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:24 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you're relying on the tread depth, you're better off spending $5 and buying a tread depth gauge and doing it yourself. The key to getting good information is to check the wear at the outermost, center, and innermost tread so you can see how the wear is across the entire tread. It may be at 9/32" on the inside but 6/32" on the outside, letting you know that perhaps you have excessive toe and the tread isn't wearing evenly across the tire. Toe is going to eat up front tires faster on a lowered car than excessive negative camber. IMO the camber you have is great. I wouldn't use a front camber kit for it, it's much closer to spec than a lot of us.

What is your toe measurement?
Thanks BB, i have to get my alignment sheet and check but if i remember correctly the toe was within factory specs..
Old 01-26-2010, 09:57 PM
HamstersG

Agree with BB. I have the front kit and there is a long thread somewhere I would read first. It works great, but unless (1) you have wear probems which should not be a major problem on Eibach or (2) you just want less negative camber (my thing), then you don't need the kit.