Help What else after Eibach drop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question What else after Eibach drop?

Ok, so at the risk of sounding like a super-noob...I know absoultely nothing about suspension and have been trying to read around and search different forums and areas to find a diffinitive answer. I've seen a few threads on here that generically address this issue but nothing specific...

I got my Eibach ProKit put on about 5 months ago and have had no problems whatsoever. It's the only suspension mod I've got and I have seen a couple people say that having lowering springs with stock shocks/struts is bad and can damage the car, so I am wondering if I am ok with JUST the Eibachs, or do I need to get new shocks/struts/something else that I havent mentioned?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No your fine, especially with Eibachs since they are not that of an aggresive drop and wont stress the shocks out.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Get sways. They will make a big difference as well.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Ok, so at the risk of sounding like a super-noob...I know absoultely nothing about suspension and have been trying to read around and search different forums and areas to find a diffinitive answer. I've seen a few threads on here that generically address this issue but nothing specific...

I got my Eibach ProKit put on about 5 months ago and have had no problems whatsoever. It's the only suspension mod I've got and I have seen a couple people say that having lowering springs with stock shocks/struts is bad and can damage the car, so I am wondering if I am ok with JUST the Eibachs, or do I need to get new shocks/struts/something else that I havent mentioned?
Did you get an alignment?

I dropped my car about 6 weeks ago and still have yet to get one. Since I'll also be due for new tires soon, I figure I'd wait for that first, then get the alignment. Some people say that getting tires throws off your alignment, and I'd rather avoid getting it done twice.

If someone else thinks this is a bad idea, tell me.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
oh yeah as soon as they settled I went and got an alignment done

And thanks for the responses Solis and Kidcane
I've actually been looking at Hotchkis sway bars for a while...there's just too much good stuff coming from Autokits-X lol
Old 12-15-2009, 06:54 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
There a lots of misinformed people out there take everything you hear with a grain of salt bro.

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
I have seen a couple people say that having lowering springs with stock shocks/struts is bad and can damage the car, so I am wondering if I am ok with JUST the Eibachs, or do I need to get new shocks/struts/something else that I havent mentioned?
No they won't damage the car, they'll just wear out your shocks faster. Eibachs are pretty close to stock so the added wear is minimal. Aggressive drops like H&R's will wear them out somewhat faster yes. Again, it all depends on your driving style (Street Cruiser or Track Addict)
Old 12-15-2009, 07:13 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Did you get an alignment?

I dropped my car about 6 weeks ago and still have yet to get one. Since I'll also be due for new tires soon, I figure I'd wait for that first, then get the alignment. Some people say that getting tires throws off your alignment, and I'd rather avoid getting it done twice.

If someone else thinks this is a bad idea, tell me.
I mean it's not a bad idea but suspension alignment has nothing to do with tire replacement
Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by G37Sam
I mean it's not a bad idea but suspension alignment has nothing to do with tire replacement
Some alignment places (i.e. West End, Evasive) are **** about alignments, and replacing your tires, which obviously involves taking your wheels off and putting them back on, can mess with your alignment calibration (although I don't know by how much).
Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Some alignment places (i.e. West End, Evasive) are **** about alignments, and replacing your tires, which obviously involves taking your wheels off and putting them back on, can mess with your alignment calibration (although I don't know by how much).
See if they're slamming the wheels back on and hammering them in, it's a different story
Old 12-15-2009, 08:13 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
There a lots of misinformed people out there take everything you hear with a grain of salt bro.

No they won't damage the car, they'll just wear out your shocks faster. Eibachs are pretty close to stock so the added wear is minimal. Aggressive drops like H&R's will wear them out somewhat faster yes. Again, it all depends on your driving style (Street Cruiser or Track Addict)
THats what i said ninja
Old 12-15-2009, 08:35 PM
chasemyaccord

Ahhh okay Sam, you win. I just scheduled an alignment for next week.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

haha please share the before/after alignment specs with us if you can
Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 AM
chasemyaccord

Will do Mr. Sam.