how long for Eibachs to settle??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:52 AM
TommyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long for Eibachs to settle??

I've installed Eibach pro kit 3 weeks ago, aligned 2 weeks ago...anyway my driver's front is 1/4" lower than the passenger front; also the rear passenger side is 1/8" lower than the rear driver's side. (just measured it tonite). Is this normal? maybe i'm just too **** about it
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 AM
SOLISIMO

I think its normal, for example on my H&R's the driver side settled lower than the front passenger side. I believe its bc Im 6'4" 260 and never have a passenger other than my petite wife so weight plays a role
Old 09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weight plays into it, but other things do as well. I can pull out of the garage and turn the car around in the driveway and get a different reading if I am going to 1/8". Also you are suppose to have the weight of the car on the suspension before final tightening as that can cause a more permanent difference. However, if you loosen things up and retighten them, it could impact your alignment. If you are about 27" or less ground to fender front and rear and only have 1/8" to 1/4", then I would worry about something else. It was hard for me to let go as well.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Triple_X

mine used to be off and it drove me insane. I recently checked again randomly and it was fine.... Maybe I just noticed on a good day.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:01 PM
TommyG37S

Hehe cool thanks! Maybe my garage isnt even. I'll wait another month or so and go into a random parking lot and measure it there
Besides that, I love the Eibachs! The stance looks SWEET (sorry all i got is crappy cell pics so far)

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 PM
TommyG37S

so have any of you guys with Eibachs had to re-aim your headlights? I havent driven at night yet since I got them on...
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyG37S
so have any of you guys with Eibachs had to re-aim your headlights? I havent driven at night yet since I got them on...
YES, big time!! I mean, I could drive w/o adjusting them, but when I finally did it made a HUGE difference in how far I could see. It was like going from being able to see ~3 car lengths to being able to see to the horizon (follow Xcalibur's DIY to adjust them)
Old 09-26-2009, 10:04 AM
js3350z

Originally Posted by TommyG37S
I had to re-aim, went up a little to high, time to go adjust again lol...
Old 09-27-2009, 11:17 AM
GordoNx3o9

I had my Eibach installed on Wednesday and I'm worrying about the same thing! The front is pretty low, there are no gaps and it's pretty much tucked into the fender. The rear is still pretty high with at least a finger gap. I drove about 250 miles since installation and I was wondering how many more miles does it take for them to fully settle in? When should I be doing the wheel alignment? Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated

BTW, link to Xcalibur's headlight adjustment (a must do after the drop)
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...djustment.html
Old 09-27-2009, 11:45 AM
js3350z

I am at about 1000 miles post drop and it settled a little more... Still wish it was a little lower in the rear, I try not to let the gas drop below half a tank...

I didn't get an alighnment yet because I am waiting on the rear camber kit, I have the front kit already (not installed) and the more it has settled the worse it feels from everything being out of spec, it tends to wander around a little more on highways that aren't perfectly smooth/flat which is about everywhere in the lovely state of NJ

once I install the camber kits, one of these nights after work, it is getting an allignment right away
Old 09-27-2009, 12:43 PM
GordoNx3o9

Originally Posted by js3350z
I am at about 1000 miles post drop and it settled a little more... Still wish it was a little lower in the rear, I try not to let the gas drop below half a tank...

I didn't get an alighnment yet because I am waiting on the rear camber kit, I have the front kit already (not installed) and the more it has settled the worse it feels from everything being out of spec, it tends to wander around a little more on highways that aren't perfectly smooth/flat which is about everywhere in the lovely state of NJ

once I install the camber kits, one of these nights after work, it is getting an allignment right away
I thought camber kit is not necessary for the Eibach pro-kit?
Old 09-27-2009, 12:55 PM
js3350z

Originally Posted by GordoNx3o9
I thought camber kit is not necessary for the Eibach pro-kit?
It is pretty much a matter of preference, you could get it back within spec for toe from what I have seen, but I don't want my tires getting ruined prematurely and I personally don't like the look of that much negative camber...

****(the weird steering characteristics are coming from the toe being off, which you can get back in spec for the front, with out a kit)****
Old 09-27-2009, 03:48 PM
GordoNx3o9

I guess I'll drive a few more days and try to get people to sit in the back so it settles faster lol.

My front CURRENTLY measures 26.25 on both sides
The rear left 26.75 and rear right 26.50

I want to get the alignment ASAP but I don't know how much longer should I wait. I don't want my tires to start going bold. :T
Old 11-14-2009, 09:50 PM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hows the cabin noise after the install? is it a lot louder or something the cabin will dissipate?
Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mw09g37
hows the cabin noise after the install? is it a lot louder or something the cabin will dissipate?
I thought the cabin noise was great when I first got the G, and it is still great after the PK was installed...I don't think there has been any change in noise from stock -> PK at all.

Quick Reply: how long for Eibachs to settle??