that slight wobbly feeling

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
last lemming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that slight wobbly feeling

I have the sport suspension and when I come to stops I feel the weght of the car making a slight wobbling feeling. Do the Eibachs eliminate this?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:07 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wobbling? Or vibrating? Is it your rotors?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
last lemming

not when Im moving after the stop. Its like its bobbling on its springs every so slightly. I've notice this on most stock cars that arnt hard core. The motion is front to back.

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Wobbling? Or vibrating? Is it your rotors?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't think I've felt that on the stock springs. But I don't have it with the Eibachs. Unless it's so small that I don't really notice it. Maybe more people can chime in.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:54 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not really sure exactly what is being described, but never felt a "front to back" wobble when stopping on any car including G with stock suspension.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
last lemming

the best way to describe it is when you come to an abrubt stop the car is not rigedly attached to the wheel, its sits on bushing, springs and dampers all which has a tendacy to "give", so the body of the car has a tendancy to want to keep moving forward. Of course its limited because of the very limited freeplay built into all these components, but you can feel it. Try slamming on your brakes and just sensing the body movement of the car. I'll bet you can sense the suspension trying to lock the car down tight. But because our cars our so heavy you tend to feel it more than in a lighter sprots car. I do admit it is very slight but it is there.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:25 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know exactly what you're referring to, and I tend to notice this as well on stock suspensions...it's the momentum of the car making the car want to continue moving (physics law: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction) - so when you come to a complete sudden stop, the car slightly wobbles back and forth on its springs.

With the Eibach's it's almost completely gone but not entirely. I can definitely tell you that the Eibach's eliminate this motion a lot more than the stock springs.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
last lemming

scratch what I just said, the best way to describe it is a slight oscilation front to back. When you stop the front dives, then then it settles back down. I feel the car oscilates back a forth a bit when I stop. I want to know if Eibach illiminate this?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:30 PM
last lemming

AHHH, you posted before I finished typing.

Good deal, and do you need any supplemental suspension components to bring camber or castor (or is it caster?) into spec.

Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
I know exactly what you're referring to, and I tend to notice this as well on stock suspensions...it's the momentum of the car making the car want to continue moving (physics law: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction) - so when you come to a complete sudden stop, the car slightly wobbles back and forth on its springs.

With the Eibach's it's almost completely gone but not entirely. I can definitely tell you that the Eibach's eliminate this motion a lot more than the stock springs.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by last lemming
AHHH, you posted before I finished typing.

Good deal, and do you need any supplemental suspension components to bring camber or castor (or is it caster?) into spec.
A lot of us have opted not to run aftermarket camber kits because of how close the alignment can get to OEM specs. In my specific case, I let the springs settle for 2 weeks, went for an alignment and I was surprised to be completely back into spec. Those who don't make it back, are VERY close...so close that it can be neglected. Also, a little bit if negative camber tends to give your car better handling properties. It is important that toe is back into spec so that your tires do not get chewed up and wear prematurely, and toe CAN be corrected without the need of extra hardware if you're just dropping on Eibach springs.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 PM
w0ady

stiffer springs = less bounce.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
stiffer dampers = more jolts and reduced bounce.
springs just control the amplitude of the bounce, so stiffer springs = smaller bounces... which I guess is less bounce