Review Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
These are still doing just fine. No problems or issues at all. I still like them, even more so no that I've had them a while.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:15 PM
sredish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know you've probably answered this but I just need to ask for my own well being. I know you were on the NF210s, how was the body roll with the springs and then how is the body roll now? You have aftmkt sways?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
G35s-Dude

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
so how low can you go without needing front or rear camber/toe kits and still be in spec?
Need an answer for that please.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by sredish
I know you've probably answered this but I just need to ask for my own well being. I know you were on the NF210s, how was the body roll with the springs and then how is the body roll now? You have aftmkt sways?
The car was pretty good stock with the sport suspension as far as body roll without sacrificing much in the way of ride comfort. The springs obviously helped this being stiffer than stock and lower which brings down the car's CG. IMO the body roll was reduced noticeably with the coilovers added vs the springs alone. The ride comfort is slightly improved with the coilovers as well even though the springs are stiffer. Must be the way the damping is set on the shocks. My comparison of springs vs coils is with Hotchkis sways set to the least stiff setting in the rear for both springs alone and the coilovers. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you ever get the front SPC camber kit BB? I heard they fix it by just using the G35 arms
Old 07-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by jnguyen
Did you ever get the front SPC camber kit BB? I heard they fix it by just using the G35 arms
Nope, probably going to try to stay away from that altogether. I will probably be raising the front back up a little to put the TS Aero kit on anyway.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Nope, probably going to try to stay away from that altogether. I will probably be raising the front back up a little to put the TS Aero kit on anyway.
Yeah I think raising it for the TS lip will really set your car off. The stock front bumper just looks unfinish without the lip, like it was cut short or something so they just rounded the bottom off and call it done.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
G35s-Dude

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
so how low can you go without needing front or rear camber/toe kits and still be in spec?
Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you drop it a lot, you'll need a camber kit. If you drop it moderately you won't. It's up to how low you want to go. I don't know the "magic number" of how many inches you can drop before needing a camber kit. Wti the Tanabe NF210 drop, I didn't need one in front (.7") and the rear was borderline I think (1"). I haven't taken it back in for alignment yet.

Here's the answer that we were looking for.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Stems

Looks awesome! Almost a perfect solution for the 37x, and at half the price of the KW-3's well...its VERY tempting!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM
sredish

can anyone recommend how many threads down or how far down to start with so we don't end up dropping it too much? when i install mine, I'll be shooting for a 1" up front / 3/4" in back to start with and would love to have an idea as to where to start with the shocks.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Greggski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I installed my KW's, I tried to make them about as long as the stock assembly. It dropped almost 2 inches, which I then re-adjusted back up. Not sure on the spring rates for these coils, but are probably pretty close.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
flipside6400

BB most informative review I was considering BC coilovers but might have to switch up. I do have a quick question I think you may have addressed in another thread. Assuming I do NOT want to drop my G to the extreme do I still need a front or back camber kit or is there a way around that without chewing up tires?? Thanks for your thoughts
Old 10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
rfabian85

BB you made my mind up... I was going to buy the BC racing but now getting the tanabe coilsover even though they are the same price..The idea of waiting until mid November to get the coils is what kills me
Old 10-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by flipside6400
BB most informative review I was considering BC coilovers but might have to switch up. I do have a quick question I think you may have addressed in another thread. Assuming I do NOT want to drop my G to the extreme do I still need a front or back camber kit or is there a way around that without chewing up tires?? Thanks for your thoughts
I am dropped pretty low in front (no gap) and was able to maintain alignment without a front camber kit. In the back I have the Eibach camber/toe kit but if you are not dropping it low, you may not need it. I have 20" wheels and wide tires (285) so I got it to be certain that I could adjust negative camber in the rear so as not to rub. I didn't need it in front even with 20/255 tires.

Originally Posted by rfabian85
BB you made my mind up... I was going to buy the BC racing but now getting the tanabe coilsover even though they are the same price..The idea of waiting until mid November to get the coils is what kills me
Bribe your vendor. I paid Lou a little extra cash under the table to get mine first. J/K

I think perhaps the long wait is because these are a quality product at an awesome price point compared to other options available. I guess maybe Tanabe didn't realize how well they would move and didn't produce enough. Contact Tanabe directly and beg for more. We have a representative from Tanabe USA on the forum, contact him and let him know how big the demand is.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by rfabian85
Just saw this. If you want them, you better jump on it quick.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/2780410-post237.html

Quick Reply: Review Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC coilovers